117th FSC (Feb 2017): Odessa, Ukraine (REZUL'TATI)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby jio » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:17 am

Franklex hasn't voted?
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:28 pm

We're only waiting for yomaku now.

The voting in the background has been very exciting by the way. Also, we already have a winner.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Moving into the Very Late phase, as there is no sign of yomaku yet.

Will yomaku be disqualified?
Will that mean that the current winner is not so safe after all?
If yomaku votes today, will the 15- point penalty have any impact on the result?

I will send all your votes to franklex after midnight, no matter what. Then all questions will be answered.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby flopho » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:35 pm

nooo yomaku pls vote, i don't want Chile to be disqualified :cry:
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby xtofer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 am

nooooo!!! :(
It will make sense later.
xtofer
Legend

Postby jio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:36 am

So I guess we are not getting the results tonight either since franklex seems to be preparing something special for us... any idea of when we can expect the results?
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 am

There is a possibility that results will be up sometime after midnight, have patience!

If yomaku is disqualified (which is very likely, since his last visit was on 12 Feb), Chile will be moved to the bottom of every list it's been included in.
In any case, those of you who voted Chile are encouraged (but not in any way obliged) to re-send new sets of votes.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Chile is now officially disqualified.

All votes for Chile have been moved to the bottom.
I had voted Chile as well, but I completed my new list with the country I had placed at #11, as heppolo, who has my top 15, being the first one to vote this time, can confirm.

Let's be patient and wait for franklex now.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 pm

So I guess I can ask the big question now... Would Chile have won if it hadn't been disqualified? It was my 12 pointer :(
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Chile was at the top for a long time, then country X surpassed it, but at the end, country Y flew to #1 at the last minute. After the re-arranging of the votes, things are a little different. Has the winning country stayed the same?

Chile would therefore have ended up third. It was one of my very faves as well and I returned several times to the brilliant video, because the song was stuck in my head for days!! So yeah, I'm gutted Chile had to be disqualified.

Thriller and flopho both get a 10-point penalty, which, in Franklex's script, will be evident. In addition, neither Thriller, nor flopho, nor yomaku can participate in March.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:49 pm

So have you actually seen franklex's script?

OK let's do predictions then. Nothing to do with what I liked or what I voted but I really thought Chile would win this month but I also thought that if it doesn't then the US would and that also Germany had a (smaller) possibility. Wildcards (for me) were Spain, France, Italy and Ukraine, although I don't think any of them won, I think those four songs could have ended anywhere from Top 10 to btm 5. I am also thinking Morocco has probably not made the Top 20 (although that song was #1 for months in its home country). Hard to predict Russia but I am guessing it made the Top 10.
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:55 pm

You are right in only a couple of your assumptions, I think you're in for a surprise!

jio wrote:So have you actually seen franklex's script?
Yes, it's amazing, but waaay too heavy for my old computer, I need to close everything else for it to operate smoothly. But yeah, great work.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 am

Lite version

The voting grid will be revealed at a later stage.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby leomedar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 am

congrats to the winner!
Jio, your entry was fantastic, thank you!
Colbie, amazing entry too!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby mondflug » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 am

Oh, man. i'm shocked. Not because of my poor performance (in such a great month I knew I would flop) but because I thought hard the UK entry would easily win this. It's one of the best songs I have ever heard here. Outstanding. Still, it didn't make it to the top 5! Despite this, I'm happy with the overall results because 8 out of the 10 songs I voted have got their place within the top 10, which is nice.

Two more things: jio if you ever come to Euskadi pintxos are on me :wink: and AMAZING JOB franklex. I don't know how you did this but it's stunning. Kudos 1000x.
mondflug
Manager

Postby Affillate » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 am

Omgsh wow right at the end of my lunch break right now, so will comment in depth later, but thank you all the Australia voters! I had another option ready/thought of then thought this one hasn't competed yet so went with this great Birds of Tokyo track. :)

Thanks again and will comment later. :)
Affillate
Manager

Postby marat2408 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:43 am

Congrats to the winner! 15th place is not what I expected tbh.
marat2408
Superstar

Postby CandyPerfumeBoy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 am

Congratulations to the winner though Israel was robbed!

And I flopped real hard hahaha... but it's ok I kinda expected that
Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls
CandyPerfumeBoy
Roadie

Postby grooveboy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 am

Great job with a presentation! I only don't know is it only me or was it goingt too slow :lol: Anyways, by the time westhammer was about to vote my Firefox froze and I couldn't finish the voting process so I don't know who has won in the end :lol:

Thanx everyone who voted for Canada. Fine Times is one of my favorite discoveries of the last few months 8-)
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby trebor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am

Major congrats to Affillate and Australia! :D
franklex: Very, very cool countdown! Well done!
(as far as I'm concerned, I'm super disappointed... ) :lol: 8-)
PS With Chile disqualified Mexico would have moved to my #10
trebor
Legend

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am

grooveboy wrote: I only don't know is it only me or was it goingt too slow :lol:
We need to get new PCs! :lol:

Did you try the lite version?
I'll post the usual scoreboard later.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby heppolo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:49 am

Wow, wasn't expecting to go top 10 with Luxembourg (in fact, it's the first ever entry from Luxembourg in FSC, I think)
Great winner, by the way, I have known Birds of Tokyo ever since their first single and they have really evolved
Franklex made a very cool countdown, all sorts of wonderful.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Grybop wrote:Chile was at the top for a long time, then country X surpassed it, but at the end, country Y flew to #1 at the last minute.
Country X was Israel, while country Y was Australia.

Congrats to Affilate, I like his song obviously, but for the time being Chile's is the one song I can truly recall.

Gutted that Germany didn't do that well.
The beat on the Norwegian entry sounds like a copy of Bjork's Hunter, which sort of put me off.
Sweden: such a cool idea for a video wasted on such a generic song.
France was a bold move, but I still don't think the track fully delivers.
Israel I couldn't feel at all I'm afraid.

Thank you for the votes for Italy, #11 is fantastic for such a song.

See you all downunder AGAIN!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:05 pm

OK the presentation was great although it was going way too slow for me too. I used the lite version and it took 1 hour to get to country # 11 so then I just left it going and I went to sleep and saw the results in the morning. I am not writing this to complain (the effort put was remarkable) just so to point out that I dont know who to thank.

But thank you. I wasnt really sure about my entry I thought it would gain votes because it was dance and it would miss votes because it was ethnic so it was great to end up 7th (and not 8th as the history of FSC page suggests) so that was great.

I forgot Australia when I was writing my predictions but I could have seen it winning (less than the USA, more than Germany) what a great song. Shocked about USA and Germany being so low.

Spain was great but Chile was my original 12. However fantastic song mondflug is it the first time you get 12 from me?

I also want to say that The Netherlands was the song that grew on me A LOT from first to third listen of the songs ending up in my "consideration list". I think first time around I had it 7th or 8th but it ended up 3rd in my final vote. Great great song too.

I was familiar with the Moroccan song as I follow their charts and it was a huge #1. However its not a song I particularly liked when it was charting. It did grow on me only later when he did the far better "Ana... " song I mentioned earlier.

So Australia again next month.... :)
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm

jio wrote: it was great to end up 7th (and not 8th as the history of FSC page suggests)
I don't know what you're talkin' about. :-?

Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Return to Games