118th FSC (Mar 2017): Newcastle, Australia (RESULTS)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby mondflug » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:05 am

Voted!!

jszmiles wrote:For me , it's A bit unfair that Moderat is in the contest as they're inside of my top 20 acts of this decade... so I decided to not give them 12 points this time
For me it's quite unfair you don't love me like I deserve :cry:
mondflug
Manager

Postby Grybop » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Massive turnout today, only 3 people left.
And please hold back any comments until after the results have been revealed.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:49 pm

i must say the votes have been distributed very evenly so far, indicative of which is the points amassed by the bottom 5 countries at the moment.

20. 36
21. 26
22. 25
23. 25
24. 11
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Grybop » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:15 pm

OMG you guys are amazing for voting on time!

R
E
S
U
L
T
S

Random pic to prevent you from scrolling further down follows:

Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby marat2408 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Congrats to JakeP! Great song!
Just missed the top 5 :cry:
marat2408
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 pm

OMG! My first time winning this contest. :o :D

Wow, what an amazing result. Thanks to everyone who gave points to Ofenbach.
JakeP
Manager

Postby jio » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 pm

10th ain't bad (although I started so much better lol). Big big thanks to Argentina and Türkiye'ye çok çok teşekkür ederim for those 12s and also thanks to everybody else that voted Canadian. It was a real good month and France was an obvious candidate for winning (along with Iceland) so congrats to jakep but I was secretly hoping Philippines would win this (as I was sure my Top 3 wouldn't).

Great great songs from Serbia, Italy and Ireland. I have to say that this was the first time in a long while I liked Mainshow's entry, shocked to see it so low but I guess Hungarian is a very hard sounding language. Anyway another great month it was guys, keep it up...
jio
Legend

Postby franklex » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Congrats to song, that my friend listening every day when we are at work :D :D :D
franklex
Groupie

Postby mondflug » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:00 pm

OMG I'm so shocked I made it to the top 3 despite I barely received points after the first 10 voters. Thank you Grybop, leomedar and franklex for your 12s and congratiulations to the winner. Great song. The Icelandic entry was AWESOME though. I simply love it. One of my clearest 12-pointer ever.
mondflug
Manager

Postby jszmiles » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 pm

Ukraine should be much higher.

Shame the best song didn't win this, but at least Moderat managed to score top 3 well done :)
jszmiles
Legend

Postby westhammer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:50 pm

I think this is my 1st Top 5 placement in a long time! Very happy, thanks to all who voted for Norway!

France needs to stop winning this contest :roll: :lol:
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 pm

interesting that France won wthout getting any 12 points!
I didnt like that song, but instead adored Germany, FYR Macedonia, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway and Serbia: all 12 pointers!

Thought King Charles would end in the top half but not even that . Let's try again next month...
leomedar
Superstar

Postby trebor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Congrats to JakeP for the win! Well deserved; great song!
Shame Iceland didn't go higher than that and surprised at the UK faltering.
Totally happy with my rank, considering it was such a left field entry.
Huge thanks to bergkamp2004, heppolo, jio, leomedar and navi for the high scores ( :o ) :D
trebor
Legend

Postby franklex » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:59 am

jszmiles wrote:Ukraine should be much higher.

Shame the best song didn't win this, but at least Moderat managed to score top 3 well done :)
If I understood you correct, you mean that Ukraine's song was the best?
In this case I want to tell that's very very personal opinion XD... And follow is mine:
Since that song was presented I even didn't know what to think about that.... For example, around 90% of my friendon't liked it at all... and most popular question to me was: "Who did chose it?!" That's maby becouse of lyrics, at some point, but it was very bad... The most liked comment on youtube says that that song is stupid... And without 3 STRANGE 12 points for Ukraine position of it would be at botton of this month. It was very hard to listen that song... I was shame that's ukrainian production :(

Btw I'm surprised of Poland's position... for me it could be a winner!
Ohhh and beeing honest I expected Germany to see as the winner. Almost all my friends said to me that I SHOULD vote for Germany xD. But what I liked about Germany that's a sounds, that it's was outstyler of any other song imo and it was very simple game video clip but it has everything needed and carefully placed and it was just AWESOME! Congrats to Mondflug!
And I'm very Glad to see Switzerland ended #3 as my personal #2 8-)
franklex
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:50 am

Big congrats to JakeP for winning the contest this month! :D

I'm actually shocked to see the position for Switzerland - i didn't expect such a great response! so thanks to everyone who voted for the country and Damian Lynn's song :)

Also surprised to see Hungary so low. I have to admit that i didn't like the song very much when i listened to all entries, but somehow it ended up as the only song that was stuck in my head. So it was definitely good to wait a few days to get my list together after listening to the songs. Very happy to see Philippines quite high.
Tansike
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:38 am

franklex wrote:
jszmiles wrote:Ukraine should be much higher.

If I understood you correct, you mean that Ukraine's song was the best?
In this case I want to tell that's very very personal opinion XD... And follow is mine:
Since that song was presented I even didn't know what to think about that.... For example, around 90% of my friendon't liked it at all... and most popular question to me was: "Who did chose it?!" That's maby becouse of lyrics, at some point, but it was very bad... The most liked comment on youtube says that that song is stupid... And without 3 STRANGE 12 points for Ukraine position of it would be at botton of this month. It was very hard to listen that song... I was shame that's ukrainian production :(

Btw I'm surprised of Poland's position... for me it could be a winner!
Ohhh and beeing honest I expected Germany to see as the winner. Almost all my friends said to me that I SHOULD vote for Germany xD. But what I liked about Germany that's a sounds, that it's was outstyler of any other song imo and it was very simple game video clip but it has everything needed and carefully placed and it was just AWESOME! Congrats to Mondflug!
And I'm very Glad to see Switzerland ended #3 as my personal #2 8-)
THe best song is off course Moderat's track. But since I wanted to grant some other act which I don't know yet, I gave 12 points to Ukraine (which was also great)

Shame Poland flopped again.
jszmiles
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:06 pm

To get even some points with such an entry was quite good for me.
I've noticed that Serbia wasn't chosen frequently, so decided to give this a mad go.
Thanks to jio and Spiral for 12 points, and trebor for 8. JakeP and Leychen, thanks for the points as well.
Is this the first winner to not receive any 12 points? :)
Regardless, the winner is great, it was featured in my chart so I've thought it is a bit unfair to give it points (it became too popular for my hipster tastes :lol: )
I've liked Italy, Ireland and Macedonia. A lot of songs were quality as well
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Leychen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 pm

I have never gotten so many single points, and of course 12 points. Thanks everyone who voted for the Ukraine :D
And congrats JakeP 8-)

What happened to Hungary? Where was the love?
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.fm
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Grybop » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm

westhammer wrote:
France needs to stop winning this contest :roll: :lol:
OK, this is so unfair, since Australia has been winning so often lately! In fact, the last time France won was exactly 2 years ago, in March 2015!

This was an amazingly leftfield month :o
One song I would have voted higher was the hungarian one. Again, it sounded like something else to my ears, a cross between Eric Saade's Popular and Middle of the Road's Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep :lol:
Moderat's was the only song I already knew and easily got my 12. Ukraine may sound stupid to natives, but totally irresistible to these ears :lol:

Congrats to JakeP on his first win! Good entry, one of the few ones I liked, I have to admit. And no, this is definitely not the first time the winner hasn't got any 12s at all.
Thanks to those of you who voted the US, and my totally free of copyright song (yes, you can download it legally here).

See you on Saturday in beautiful Bordeaux, France!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby dilimanto » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 am

YAY! Congrats for France! I've been playing "Be Mine" and "Gamble For a Rose" every day for the last few weeks now.
dilimanto
Groupie

Postby Mainshow » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 am

Congratulations to JakeP!

I am glad my favourite song ended up being so high!
Also, Switzerland got an amazing and well-deserved rank!

Thanks jio, for the kind and honest words.
Personally, I have to admit that I am disappointed by Hungary's results because I really love the song and thought it's very unique, interesting and special. But I am glad that some of you really enjoyed it! Thanks to all the 12s, 6s and that one single point xD I guess it was a love/hate entry.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Affillate » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Congrats to JakeP. France was a quirky little number, similar to Canada this month IMO.

I thought Iceland was cool, but didn't make my final list. I liked Indonesia's Ballad. Denmark was catchy and got my 12pts.

Thanks for all the voters for Australia. After 3 months, its free for April! See you in that thread. :)

[AUSTRALIA]
12 points DENMARK
10 points ARGENTINA
08 points PHILLIPINES
07 points INDONESIA
06 points CANADA
05 points TURKEY
04 points US
03 points FRANCE
02 points SWITZERLAND
01 point NORWAY
Affillate