121st FSC (Jun 2017): Gold Coast, Australia (RESULTS)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

If you come Top 5, you can reserve any country & have a 24h deadline before that right expires

Poll ended at Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Agree
47%
Disagree
53%

Total votes : 19

Postby BageTheLaVie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 pm

leomedar wrote:
BageTheLaVie wrote:OMG I HAVE NO WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU GUYS A MILLION TIMES
THANK YOU LEOMEDAR, TREBOR, JLO, CHEAPTHRILLS, THE HOST AND EVERYONE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thank you!! Beautiful entry!
Not as heartfelt as yours. I swear, this singer managed to make me feel emotional even if I couldn't understand all she was saying
Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Grybop » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Leychen's penalty taken into account, Denmark was 7th with 67 points.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Affillate » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Yesss happy for cheapthrills congrats to CANADA the song the video was just on point and immediately grabbed me and I thought yep this is my 12 points. :) also checked out some of the artists other songs on Spotify.

Romania was cool, Australia had a great 80's/electronics vibe. I originally had Croatia at 1pt but moved it up a few it had a nice flow. A few catchy ones like France, Denmark, Belgium, Poland. Netherlands had a great beat and groove. And UK was nice as well as a few others.

Finally thanks to all the Sweden voters I think there was a 12 and a 10 in there.

[SWEDEN]
12 points CANADA
10 points ROMANIA
08 points AUSTRALIA
07 points NETHERLANDS
06 points CROATIA
05 points DENMARK
04 points POLAND
03 points FRANCE
02 points BELGIUM
01 point UK
Last edited by Affillate on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Affillate
Manager

Postby westhammer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:12 pm

CANADA won :o I found it so underwhelming and the weakest of the pop numbers entered. How surprising!

Poland deserved much higher too! Just missed out on the top half again :evil: :roll: :lol:
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby mondflug » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:12 am

I kinda flopped but I'm happy anyway because I chose the US without having an entry in mind and I struggled to find one proper to compete. Lesson of the day: choose an entry and later, if possible, its country, not the other way round :lol: :lol:

Thank you everyone who voted for it, especially Thriller for the 12-pointer. And congratulations to the winner. Good song - not my favorite this time but one I definitely like.

See you next month in Robin Scherbatsky's country!!!
mondflug
Manager

Postby leomedar » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 am

This time I knew I was not going to score big, and I was right lol
But I believe next month, if my entry is valid, Ill finish top5
leomedar
Superstar

Postby mondflug » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 am

I'll be pretty unavailable for the next few days. When do you think you'll open the new thread, Grybop? Just to be on the lookout for it
mondflug
Manager

Postby bergkamp2004 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 am

Well done to Canada.

NZ was riding high half way though but then the votes tailed off. Top 8 is good for me though.

I'll see what scraps are left to claim next month as I always miss the thread being posted!
28 AUGUST 2009
THE DAY MUSIC DIED
OASIS 1994 - 2009
LIVE FOREVER
bergkamp2004
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:47 am

Thanks everyone!!! Thanks also to those who voted for me, especially Affillate, Spiral, Leomedar, KindOf, and trebor for the top three placements <3<3<3

It's embarrassing how excited I am about my finish! This was really unexpected - I've flopped every single month until now and was just hoping I'd end up in the top half for once.

Affillate, I'm so happy to see how much you liked the choice! I had only heard of Serena from this Christmas song (a favorite), and when I saw she had this new album, I decided to check it out. Now I have discovered she has a lot of great songs!

Westhammer, sorry my choice didn't connect with you. For what it's worth, I loved your song and was happy to give it a 12. Antigua deserved to be higher.
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby heppolo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:47 am

thanks to Mainshow and bergkamp2014 I wasn't really wiped out, leomedar's 8 points were also very helpful.
I obviously knew I was going to flop so this wasn't as bad as I thought.
The winner is alright, not memorable enough for me personally but still a nice song to listen to.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby marat2408 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 am

22nd! 8-)
marat2408
Superstar

Postby LionH3art » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:49 am

How did France not win......
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby Colbie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:51 am

Congrats to Cheapthrills!

Extremely happy with my 4th place!!
Thank you so much!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Frederic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 am

Last!

Thanks, jio and CandyPerfumeBoy, glad you did like it enough to award 8 points for it!
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby BageTheLaVie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:17 am

cheapthrills wrote:Thanks everyone!!! Thanks also to those who voted for me, especially Affillate, Spiral, Leomedar, KindOf, and trebor for the top three placements <3<3<3

It's embarrassing how excited I am about my finish! This was really unexpected - I've flopped every single month until now and was just hoping I'd end up in the top half for once.

Affillate, I'm so happy to see how much you liked the choice! I had only heard of Serena from this Christmas song (a favorite), and when I saw she had this new album, I decided to check it out. Now I have discovered she has a lot of great songs!

Westhammer, sorry my choice didn't connect with you. For what it's worth, I loved your song and was happy to give it a 12. Antigua deserved to be higher.
The production on your song was flawless, I must say. The reason I did not gave you points was because I like some songs better
Antigua deserved a top 5 finish! It had me hooked since the first note!
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby jio » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 am

First of all my nickname is not J.Lo (BageTheLaVie I'm looking at you lol). After having that one sorted out (LOL), I did enjoy the Brazilian entry a lot but in the end of the day, it was the Syrian entry which made my jogging playlist (only song this month which did so) so of course it was the clear 12er from me. I enjoyed the instrumental more than the singing part but still a great discovery trebor, I liked it.

Besides Brazil and Syria the rest of the songs were ranging from very good to OK. I don't think there was a really bad entry this month although there were several very reminiscent of some major pop hits of late.

Congrats to cheapthrills for his win, very well deserved

As for my entry 15th is a bit lower than what I was expecting but it's still good. Thanks to Grybop, Thriller and whoever else voted for my entry (you are not too many to mention but I am kinda lazy lol), see ya next month in CA you guys
jio
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:44 pm

jio wrote:First of all my nickname is not J.Lo (BageTheLaVie I'm looking at you lol). After having that one sorted out (LOL), I did enjoy the Brazilian entry a lot but in the end of the day, it was the Syrian entry which made my jogging playlist (only song this month which did so) so of course it was the clear 12er from me. I enjoyed the instrumental more than the singing part but still a great discovery trebor, I liked it.

Besides Brazil and Syria the rest of the songs were ranging from very good to OK. I don't think there was a really bad entry this month although there were several very reminiscent of some major pop hits of late.

Congrats to cheapthrills for his win, very well deserved

As for my entry 15th is a bit lower than what I was expecting but it's still good. Thanks to Grybop, Thriller and whoever else voted for my entry (you are not too many to mention but I am kinda lazy lol), see ya next month in CA you guys
Oh, my! Sorry. Where are my glasses.
So glad many of you enjoyed the brazilian entry! I already have a song on my mind for july and I hope I can snatch Brazil again to show it
Again, thank you so much for the 10 points! I honestly never expected it. I thought I would I would be stuck at 6- 8 points maximum.
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks to everyone who (would have) voted for Denmark and sorry for the circumstances...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Not a bad winner but US and Netherlands underperformed! Glad Norway and UK did well.

Happy with 10th for Belgium, nice to get a flurry of votes across plenty of voters!
Thriller

Postby Grybop » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:23 pm

There was a suggestion regarding the privileges of those who finish top 5.

westhammer wrote:If you come Top 5 you can reserve any country rather than your own and have a 24 hour deadline before that right expires
Vote if you agree or not and feel free to discuss. The poll will end in a couple of days and if the majority agrees, the new privilege will be awarded come August.

OK, this month wasn't so great song-wise for me - there were several good songs but nothing truly spectacular IMO. The Greek entry in particular was extremely disappointing, Thank you very much for your votes for Australia! And congrats to cheapthrills of course, on his win with a song that sounds a tad on the generic side, but has hidden charms!

Now the July edition will most probably start on the 2nd or 3rd of the month I'm afraid. I think I'll be away this weekend, like mondflug. If this changes, I'll try and let you know beforehand.
Last edited by Grybop on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:26 pm

I'll vote yes although I don't think the 24 hours window is necessary, people can simply state which country they want at the end of the previous month and it can be reserved by the host in a similar way the Top 5 countries are reserved right now.
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 pm

The 24 hours prevent someone having to change country, say in the second week of the contest, because that's when one of the top 5 decided to choose that same country. I'm all for the top 5 receiving more privileges, but this one could get messy in practice.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby jio » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Grybop wrote:The 24 hours prevent someone having to change country, say in the second week of the contest, because that's when one of the top 5 decided to choose that same country. I'm all for the top 5 receiving more privileges, but this one could get messy in practice.
Well that's why they should be reserving on the month before... when the results are announced the top 5 could state "I want ZImbabwe reserved for next month" in addition to whatever comments they have. Otherwise I don't think it will work either and the 24 hours window won't do much (except creating a rush of entries at midnight when it expires).
jio
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Voted
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby mondflug » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 am

Well, I voted I disagree because I consider the right to prevent everbody else from choosing the country which you have finished top 5 with a privilege good enough.

This is not a real competition. This is just for fun. And I think this new rule would ruin the experience more than you think. A 24-hour window just for the top5 to choose a country is a downgrading measure, I'm sorry.
mondflug
Manager

Return to Games