121st FSC (Jun 2017): Gold Coast, Australia (RESULTS)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

If you come Top 5, you can reserve any country & have a 24h deadline before that right expires

Poll ended at Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Agree
47%
Disagree
53%

Total votes : 19

Postby leomedar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:39 am

I voted disagree
I even consider that you shouldnt have any privilege. In fact you shouldnt repeat country unless nobody else want it...
But maybe i am too left wing
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Spiral » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:27 am

I voted for disagree

Grybop wrote:The 24 hours prevent someone having to change country, say in the second week of the contest, because that's when one of the top 5 decided to choose that same country. I'm all for the top 5 receiving more privileges, but this one could get messy in practice.
This. I mean, how we gonna implement this in the first place? It looks very messy. Yes. There are a few rules that can be defined further but not this one
Spiral
Manager

Postby Grybop » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Also, sometimes one contest starts right after the other, due to someone not voting on time for example. Should we have to wait for the top 5 to declare their country of choice before we start the entire procedure? Hmm.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Mainshow » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 am

I like the already existing rules.

Thank you for having voted for Poland, congratulations to the winner,
Italy underrated, oma germany got samr sex marriage, I like you guyd, may I have New Zealand next month, addicted to this game, what time is it, thank you.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Just had a read through and i personally think it should be a first come, first serve basis when the new game thread is opened.

The top 5 can get to choose if they want to keep their country but maybe put a cap on this. Let's say poster A has Australia and their entry finishes 4th. The new thread opens but they don't post for a few days but i want to take Australia i don't think it'd be fair for me to have to wait until poster A confirms days later they want a different country (or don't post at all). Then someone else takes Australia even though i could've confirmed that country on the opening day or at least on the second day if poster A wasn't around for 3 or 4 days to claim it.

Just my opinion. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:14 am

Don't mind either way but I think a 24 hour cap should apply across the board for the top 5 having any choosing privileges.
Thriller

Postby heppolo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:29 pm

I think we should install the language-rule like pre 1999 Eurovision. :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Grybop » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Right, we have spoken, the rules stay as they are.

New game to start soon.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Thriller » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Personally I think there should be a way of giving people a fairer chance to have first pick of countries. Unfortunately I am rarely online when the new thread goes live so I haven't been able to get the country I've wanted for a long time. Maybe there's a way of rotating the list of players so everybody gets a chance to pick first at some point, for example people could sign up to participate first, then you could choose a picking order and give people a few hours to add their choice to the list, then the next person quotes the list and adds there's and so on... I know that's not ideal but it's just a suggestion. Alternatively, Grybop states a set time the thread will be posted so everybody knows when to be online.
Thriller

Return to Games