122nd FSC (Jul 2017): Calgary, Canada (R E S U L T S)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby mondflug » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 pm

The winner got as many 12s as Israel (21th). This is the magic of this game.

Thanks everyone who voted for Sweden. I received a bunch of votes but it seems none of you fell in love with my entry but CandyPerfumeBoy. Thanks man, your twelve-pointer was much appreciated 8-).

I rooted for Iceland to win but New Zealand is also fantastic (so is Denmark too), so I'm happy with the outcome
mondflug
Manager

Postby Magnus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm

I wish I didn't have to vote for all those other songs and could have given all points (58) to Denmark :wink:. Overall pleasantly surprised by the result though.
Magnus
Manager

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm

Surprised at the results, I thought Zimbabwe had this in the bag! Guess that shows the unpredictability of this and how little I know people's tastes considering I haven't played in years. Definitely wasn't expecting that top 3.

Simulation is such a bop, I love Tkay Maidza's album. Glad it managed a top 5 finish. My favourite new discoveries were from France, Philippines, Norway & Germany; will be giving those tracks some love on Spotify.

Very happy with a #8 finish (thanks for the 12 xtofer!). I'd only played twice before and finished top 5, so this takes a little pressure off me (watch me go enter a wildcard just so I don't have to worry about not finishing top 10 anymore).
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby heppolo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Another bad result, got nearly hammered. I'd stick to the national language then.
Great winner, I have to say. And nice top 3.
Thanks to grybop for hosting and to those who voted for my entry.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby flopho » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm kind of surprised to see Avalanche City being the winner but i enjoyed their song (even though i much prefer Love Love Love), congrats Mainshow! :D
Really happy with my result as i expected it to flop hard so a 15th place isn't that bad at all, thanks to everyone who voted for Australia especially Grybop, Benny and heppolo for the 8 points :wink:

I love how this contest helps me discovering things about myself even i didn't know about, like the fact that apparently i stan for Estonian schlager :o (even though i hate the German equivalent :lol: ) really loved Raju Reede and Jälle 18 grew on me as well, would've given it more points by now

Thought Zimbabwe would win this easily, great song, glad it finished Top 5 + really enjoyed the UK song as well, was sure one of them would win this. The non-english-tracks were particularly strong this month imo.
Shame on me for changing...no, shame on you for staying the same
flopho
Legend

Postby franklex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm

For me it's so/so month... usually I like ~12 of 20+ songs but this month (BIG30) I liked just ~10 of 30 songs :(
But that countries that I voted for I really like that songs 8-)

I had another song playing in my mind time-by-time... Ukrainian reggeton, I love that style, but thnx to @marat2408 and my work I had no time to reserve my country this month, but I also wanted for Monatik but with new song :lol:
that should be my poster n entry for this month, but I'm glad that somebody took Monatik instead of me :P Music Video is very HOT, so if you want check it! That's what I like 8-)

ImageImage

xx. Ukraine. MONATIK - Vitamin D
franklex
Groupie

Postby franklex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Congrats my friend! :wink:
Very good win!
franklex
Groupie

Postby Mainshow » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Did I understand it correctly? NZ won? OMG! I would have never expected this to happen! I just arrived in Azerbaijan and I can't open Scorewiz because the internet is super slow where I am. I would have never imagined! Thank you guys! I am so happy (if that's really true).

I thought Denmark, UK or Belgium would win, tbh.

Greetings from Sumqayit! ♡
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby franklex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 pm

^^ you won!!!
franklex
Groupie

Postby BageTheLaVie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:05 pm

I knew it from the start my entry would flop. It's a generic love whose only oustanding quality is the fact that it has organic instrumentation. Thanks for leo, Colbie and trebor for stopping me from entering that list of nul-pointers
I really llike my TOP5, and even if I think Zimbabwe should've have won, I still like the winner a hell lot, so no complaints.
Look at me stanning for Israel again :lol:
If I get to send a entry next month, it will be for a different country :wink:
Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby jio » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:49 pm

Congrats to Mainshow, worthy win although it was not my cup of tea...

Thanks to Colbie, Trebor and Frederic for the high points (and everyone else who voted Congo of course)... The Turkish song was a very clear favorite to me and was promptly added to my jogging playlist... South Africa's entry was ranked 11th in my original list so it ended up Top 10 after nyla's disappearance, his song was 3rd in my list...

Last month when somebody took Greece I did say that there was a certain song I was hoping someone would enter... Instead a song I absolutely didn't know entered last month and the song I had in mind was entered by Grybop this month. I think Mantissa is just great, a very rare example of good current greek music IMO.

I would probably have had more to say if I remembered the entries better but I voted first so I forgot them... Good game though, see ya next month
jio
Legend

Postby heppolo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:19 pm

^The next month is retro, right?
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Congratulations to you, Mainshow! 8-) Nice job. Yours was one of the two songs I had to leave out of my votes when I realized I had to submit a top 10 and not a top 12, but I see my points weren't needed after all!

With the exception of Denmark, it looks like nothing else I voted for made the top 10. :o But honestly, this was such a strong month to me, and I like the songs that made the top five as well. I do wish Israel had placed higher though. The whole time I watched scorewiz, I was like why the hell didn't Israel connect with more people?

Thanks especially to Grybop, grooveboy, and CandyPerfumeBoy for the top 3 votes. :D I'm quite pleased with how the local band placed. :)
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby Thriller » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Aww 16th, I'm disappointed especially when I was leading at one point :lol:

Well done NZ, solid entry! Great to see UK and Zimbabwe doing well too!
Thriller

Postby Frederic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Congratulations, Sven and co!

Thanks to Jeroen, Spiral, trebor, franklex, cheapthrills and JIO <3 Glad you enjoyed the Turkish entry. Shame I kind of flopped again.

@jio: so you didn't know this track before?
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby JakeP » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Well done Mainshow on winning. Not gonna lie, i didn't think it was gonna win but the song itself is nice and pleasant.

My personal favourite was Churchill for the US. As for me, i'm so surprised to see Iceland finish second. :o Big thanks to all of you who awarded points to Friðrik Dór. :D I owe it all to heppolo though as he introduced me to this track. :wink:
JakeP
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 pm

JakeP wrote:My personal favourite was Churchill for the US.
OMG, sorry - I misread the chart - it was you who gave me the other 12! Thank you - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Vote for your favorite Christmas songs here!
My Personal Chart - Cheapthrills' Cheap 20 :)
cheapthrills
Manager

Postby trebor » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:15 pm

Mainshow: Congratulations on taking the crown! Well done! :D

Personally, both #1 & #2 are so not my thing; with the runner up being particularly annoying.
I'm SUPER stoked for the #10 placing: Thank you all! Much love, etc. (12 points from Grybop... #Shocker! :lol: :lol: ).
So, thanks again to all of you who voted for South Africa and a song fully in Afrikaans (probably a first).
With Croatia eliminated, Israel moved up from #11 to #10.
Sorry to see Brazil and Turkey flopping, though.

See you tomorrow at the RETRO August! (That will be fun)
trebor
Legend

Postby westhammer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Congrats to NZ! What a competitive month and a strong top 10! Surprised to see Denmark so high, thought it sounded like a Eurovision entry from the 00s :o

Delighted with my #7 placing, didn't expect it after a flurry of bottom half finishes!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:15 am

Congrats, Sven! I have to admit that I was rooting for Denmark to win, and the New Zealand entry was not high on my 'missed' list, but there must be something about it for so many people to support. I suppose I need to revisit it.

I'm happy that some (well, six is even more than some!) people appreciated "Destra vs. Lucy". A small part of me worried I'd end up with zero points. :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby leomedar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 am

happy to end top5! Simulation was a fun discovery

Glad people liked it! Can't believe Greece and Israel weren't higher, great choices Grybod & heppolo!
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Affillate » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for all the Denmark voters and glad to hear you enjoyed it so much Magnus. I originally was looking through some danish artists I remembered Bryan rice did the original 'No Promises' and found this track. I can see the Eurovision comparison.

Funny this is another month where someone's done an artist I did last year in the same month (Vok in May, and now Donny Montell in July). I liked the song, gave it 10 points.

Also was considering Kat Graham for the US, didn't know she was connected to Switzerland by birth. My 12 points.

Finally well done mainshow. I had that song as a shortlist for NZ when I had it last time (June 2016) and think I found it as I was doing my Aus/NZ artists countdown. I had it about midway in my votes.

[DENMARK]
12 points SWITZERLAND
10 points LITHUANIA
08 points TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
07 points JAPAN
06 points DEM. REP. OF CONGO
05 points NEW ZEALAND
04 points UK
03 points COLOMBIA
02 points ZIMBABWE
01 point US
Affillate
Manager

Postby Grybop » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Congrats to Mainshow from me as well, lovely song!
I didn't enjoy this month's contest too much, I have to admit. I found most songs to be good, but in truth just a little better than average.
I liked Croatia and initially gave it 6 points, pity it had to be eliminated. I replaced it with Iceland, which was my 11th favourite as stated in my PM to the first voter. Perhaps you should start sending me a list of 11 songs in case someone gets disqualified? Hmmm.

My own entry I though would go very well or flop. Instead it ended up mid-table, so thanks to everyone who voted Greece!

trebor wrote: (12 points from Grybop... #Shocker! :lol: :lol: ).
I usually don't give your songs many points, but when I do, they end up topping my year-end chart or something :lol:
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Return to Games