127th FSC (Dec 2017): Yokohama, Japan | Results

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Colbie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 pm

I cant at y'all not appreciating Dramarama :lol: i know it was a bold move though not going for the official vid.

Congrats Candyperfumeboy!!
Thank you for hosting Mainshow!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Grybop » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Ahhh he's done it again! With one of his better choices this year IMO. Congrats CPB!
I thought Nigeria had it the bag to be honest - and who is that azelia Bahnkx they're comparing Kah-lo to?
UK should have done a lot better IMO. Estonia was a pleasant retro-sounding tune.

Many many thanks to those of you who voted the US!
See you next year in some norwegian village!
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Undercover » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:55 pm

heppolo wrote:"Stay The Night'' by Holy Motors was my #4 song of 2016, so I obviously couldn't give it less than 12 points
Actually I wanted to present their new tune Honeymooning, but the band still don't have a video for this song. :cry:

And oh, yes. Thanks to all of you who voted for Estonia. :)
Undercover
Superstar

Postby ConstantinosV » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 pm

I wanna thank everyone for their strong support. It is my debut in the top 10. Thank you so much for your voting!!!!!!!! Love you all for shutting this year this way!!! <3
ConstantinosV
Manager

Postby CandyPerfumeBoy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:47 am

Thanks to all of you who voted for Norway and this Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac-ish masterpiece :) I wanted to try something different from the usual synth-pop and I am surprised that it went so well (even without a video).

Good results overall, loved the Estonia, South African and Hungarian songs :)

Thanks Mainshow for hosting:)
Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls
CandyPerfumeBoy
Roadie

Postby HC55555 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Swish swish bish, another flop in the basket.

I thought I'd do better but thanks for those few high votes that lowkey saved Argentina (specially South Korea, Greece and Mexico)!

I'm glad with the winner, I didn't see it coming tho. I thought Nigeria was the clear superior song with its "212" vibe, but I guess everyone has different taste and we look for something different each month. I added Nigeria and Russia's songs to my playlist and I love em :) I also kinda regret not voting for Mexico, but hey it was my 11th. Oh and Spain entry was iconic but sadly I couldn't vote for it and I'm surprised it received votes (same with Germany lol).
HC55555
Manager

Postby jio » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:13 pm

First of all congrats to Candyperfumeboy once again, I usually like his entries but to me this is clearly the best song he ever entered with. It had a Stevie Nicks kinda vibe and I loved it. Trebor's Israel was also great, actually I was torn between those tunes for my 12 points, in the end trebor edged it out because it was more bouncy lol.

Thanks thanks thanks for the voters of the first half+the UK for all the points, I have to say I was certainly not expecting Top 5, I do know my song for a long while and I have played it to death which meant I had little excitement left about my entry, so it was quite a surprise to see it so high.

Many people mentioned this was a poor month, I disagree, I quite liked about 13 songs which is about the same as every month and some of them quite a lot. I am certainly against disqualifications once the voting has started, it happened to me too and I know how it feels, perhaps that rule should be given some thought. That said, thanks to mainshow for hosting the contest and see ya all in 2018, glad this year finished, it was pretty much the worst year of my life in so many ways:)
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am

HC55555 wrote:I'm glad with the winner, I didn't see it coming tho. I thought Nigeria was the clear superior song with its "212" vibe,
Not sure what you mean by 212 but YASSS

New thread in more than 30 hours and hopefully less than 48! Mainshow, you were superb as host once again!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby trebor » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:29 am

Grybop wrote:Not sure what you mean by 212 but YASSS
trebor
Legend

Postby Grybop » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:00 am

Oh her again, what a cheap Kah-lo copycat. :p
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Nanda » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 am

jio wrote:First of all congrats to Candyperfumeboy once again, I usually like his entries but to me this is clearly the best song he ever entered with. It had a Stevie Nicks kinda vibe and I loved it. Trebor's Israel was also great, actually I was torn between those tunes for my 12 points, in the end trebor edged it out because it was more bouncy lol.

Thanks thanks thanks for the voters of the first half+the UK for all the points, I have to say I was certainly not expecting Top 5, I do know my song for a long while and I have played it to death which meant I had little excitement left about my entry, so it was quite a surprise to see it so high.

Many people mentioned this was a poor month, I disagree, I quite liked about 13 songs which is about the same as every month and some of them quite a lot. I am certainly against disqualifications once the voting has started, it happened to me too and I know how it feels, perhaps that rule should be given some thought. That said, thanks to mainshow for hosting the contest and see ya all in 2018, glad this year finished, it was pretty much the worst year of my life in so many ways:)
Thank you.

I know this contest has rules based on Eurovision but this is not eurovision lol. I would totally agree though to ban only the songs that covers huge popular and well known songs!!!
Nanda
Personal Assistant

Postby Grybop » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:19 am

Nobody is forcing you to play.
If you feel that you can't comply with the rules like everyone else does, there are lots of other games out there that may be more suitable for you. :D
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Nanda » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:34 am

Grybop wrote:Nobody is forcing you to play.
If you feel that you can't comply with the rules like everyone else does, there are lots of other games out there that may be more suitable for you. :D
Well i have a thing called life so excuse my music acknowledge and my limited time of searching if my choice of a song from Zimbabwe samples a line from a song from Nepal. :D

This contest is one of my many sources for new music so i will continue to participate. And I will try to expand my sources and prevent myself from being banned mid-contest. Also I just hope that you know that I don’t like to be picked up and get banned, but i also don’t think initially that my song choices are at risk!!!
Nanda
Personal Assistant

Postby Affillate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:28 am

psst..... new thread pls. :)

I liked the groove of Norway and it jumped a few places in my final votes. Belgium was great, It did one better than when I competed with Loic in Dec 2016's contest.

Nigeria was cool, Ireland had a bit of a jam as well. UK had another cool song. Thanks for all the votes for Australia.

[AUSTRALIA]
12 points BELGIUM
10 points INDONESIA
08 points US
07 points UK
06 points HUNGARY
05 points NORWAY
04 points MEXICO
03 points NIGERIA
02 points RUSSIA
01 point IRELAND
Affillate
Manager

Postby Grybop » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 am

Nanda wrote:
Well i have a thing called life so excuse my music acknowledge and my limited time of searching if my choice of a song from Zimbabwe samples a line from a song from Nepal. :D
Oh no no, you got it all wrong, it's not about music knowledge at all, it's about learning to use something I'm sure having a life hasn't prevented you from knowing: Google. Takes seconds.

The eligibility of your entry is solely your own responsiblity, yet you keep blaming the host whenever you get busted, you did it in the past, you did it to Mainshow, you're doing it now - stop doing that, really, it doesn't look good at all.

And remember: Google.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Nanda » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 am

Girl please drop it :lol:

I don't blame no one but rules of contest itself.

And thanks for the tip, I will check that google thing <3 Happy New Year.
Nanda
Personal Assistant

Postby Grybop » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:02 pm

You too girl <3
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby HC55555 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Oh keep bringing the lashes gals, there aren't Holidays with some juicy familiar drama :lol:

I'm excited for the next month, already picked my song and I think I finally have good chances on winning (although I always think the same :lol:).
HC55555
Manager

Postby jio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Will the new thread be up tonight? I'd like to reserve the USA, the UK or Canada :oops:
jio
Legend

Postby dilimanto » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 pm

jio wrote:Will the new thread be up tonight? I'd like to reserve the USA, the UK or Canada :oops:
Been off for a year, can we really reserve? :wink:
dilimanto
Groupie

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm

I am here refreshing like crazy lol
leomedar
Legend

Postby trebor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Let's see if I can manage to beat @jio at the US! 8-)
trebor
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

I am aiming for US too lol
leomedar
Legend

Postby jio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

dilimanto wrote:
jio wrote:Will the new thread be up tonight? I'd like to reserve the USA, the UK or Canada :oops:
Been off for a year, can we really reserve? :wink:
We can't but I mentioned my desire in an attempt to emotionally blackmail ya all!!!
jio
Legend

Postby Affillate » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:10 pm

leomedar wrote:I am aiming for US too lol
Me too. #poised
Affillate
Manager

Return to Games