128th FSC (Jan 2018): Drammen, Norway (RESULTATER)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby trebor » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 pm

@Grybop: Are all the votes in?
trebor
Legend

Postby Affillate » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:17 am

Voted
Affillate
Manager

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:52 pm

I have voted!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby jio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Will we get the results tonight?
jio
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 am

They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 am

Floptastico.
Congratulations to the winner, an okay song.
CPB once again nearly won with a relatively sterile electronic pop song, which is fun.
The month was not my cup of tea, next time I'll try something really bad.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:45 am

Congratulations to fellow argentinian member HC55555 for this amazing win! Chile has two titles now. Great song, it was my number 2!
leomedar
Legend

Postby navi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm

didn't expect anything (OK i did, at least not to finish last :lol: )
from my My bloody Valentine flavoured entry, performed by not so pretty lesbian quartett
but it started ... oh so well 8-)
thanks to all the voters for Croatia
My year(s) in lists by Ivan (2008 - 2013)
navi
Legend

Postby jio » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Em I have to admit I wasnt expecting that low. BUT my 12 pointer won so its all good. Thanks for the points, I am writing from mob so not in a position to write much right now
jio
Legend

Postby Thriller » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Aw, cute to see my entry joint sixth alongside my two favourite entries in the competition (Finland and Spain)! Thanks to the Zimbabwe voters.

I didn't dislike Chile but I definitely didn't see it as a winner.

Argentina should've been higher!
Thriller

Postby westhammer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Cute winner, think I ranked it 12th. This month was consistently decent but just all ended up blurring into one; not sure I can really remember any of the songs despite several listens!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby franklex » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:47 am

Congrats to winner! Like Chille;s singer. Previouse year in Feb it was my favorite with another song it was much cooler than this one but any way I also liked this one. So I'm glad for winner!
I also happy for Ukraine top3 . Not my song but I'm glad for Leychen for that choice. I was kinda sad that I losft reservation and was expecting that Leychen will chose at the end another country XD But I'm glad fofor both of them.
PHILIPINESS and PORTUGAL sould be in top5 IMO.
Also was nice to see Mexico at good possition.
Thnx for Japan's voter. I didn't expected nothing for my entry this month so it's not bad :D In general it was good month.
franklex
Roadie

Postby Mainshow » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:48 am

Congrats to the winner! - Well-deserved.
I am glad Ukraine was so high. Just bought the song on iTunes; love it. Germany was also excellent and I loved Spain and the US, too! Many great entries this time!
Personally, I am a bit disappointed that Portugal almost ended up being Bottom 5 because I thought I found a great entry (have been listening to it for a while) but I want to say thank you to everyone who voted for that entry to "save it" ;) I am glad some of you seemed to like it ;)
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Leychen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Congrats to the winner! A good choice.
Wow, I am kind of speechless, thanks to everyone who voted for the Ukraine :D
This song has been in my FSC pile for ages and I'm glad it was so well received.
Ты меня не тролль!
Leychen
Roadie

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Congratulations, hc5555555555555555555555555555555555555555! I know I did not vote for your song, but I certainly see its appeal! And it will be nice to have Eurovision in the Western hemisphere next month :D

While this was a very strong month, my #1 (Spain) was an easy choice - I liked it immediately. It may be one of my favorite submissions ever - thanks, Tyne :) I was so disappointed at first to see it mired in the bottom, but it really picked up the pace and finished tied for 6th.

That happened to my song too. I thought I had a flop on my hands and then in the last third, it jumped into the top 5 - only my 2nd time placing there :) Thanks to those of you who voted for it, especially those who put it top 3 <3 I really love Caro Emerald, but I wasn't sure how people would react to her here.

CPB nearly pulled off another win :o
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby ConstantinosV » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Totally didnt expect that win.. but congratulations anyway!!!!!! ^_^ Probably well deserved :)
ConstantinosV
Manager

Postby Undercover » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:05 pm

heppolo wrote:CPB once again nearly won with a relatively sterile electronic pop song, which is fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, some people rather prefer listening to their favourite artist (presenter in our case) than to his songs :wink:. On the other hand, not bad song at all, worth a Top 10, got 2 points from me. I gave 6 pts to CPB in October and December, so I'm one of the stans. :lol:

Thanks to the voters for Australia. Netherlands and Ukraine were awesome. :)
Undercover
Superstar

Postby HC55555 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Thank you to all Chile voters! Kinda off putting some are saying how unexpected the winner is and sending condescending "congrats!" but 1) as someone who don't understand most of winners I guess all months there must be people feeling like that - which makes me wonder, there was any winner in the history of this contest universally voted? If not, which entry came closer?
2) I'm pretty surprised myself since I usually love all my entries and somehow I've been in the bottom for years, so finally winning feels surreal. I guess it's not me who has bad luck, but Argentina :lol: (more considering its placement this month... Oh fun fact I also had this month song on my Argentina waiting list).

Anyway, this is the first time I watched results as it was my country in a World Cup finale. I started celebrating when that Germany 1 point by Zimbabwe came out :lol: it would've been pretty shitty winning most of second part and losing "by the final vote".

Also I don't know what it is but this is the second time almost in a row I give my 12 points to Ukraine :o looks like that country has plenty of good music (at least for my taste)!
HC55555
Manager

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 pm

HC55555 wrote:Thank you to all Chile voters! Kinda off putting some are saying how unexpected the winner is and sending condescending "congrats!" but 1) as someone who don't understand most of winners I guess all months there must be people feeling like that - which makes me wonder, there was any winner in the history of this contest universally voted? If not, which entry came closer?
No way, it's an okay song, I myself gave 5 points to it , so fair play.
And a non-English winner, which is also good.
heppolo
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Undercover wrote:Well, some people rather prefer listening to their favourite artist (presenter in our case) than to his songs :wink:.
In general, the less accessible the entry is, the better. I am waiting for some operatic drone to enter our FSC someday.
Usually I prefer non-English songs as well:)
heppolo
Legend

Postby mondflug » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 am

The best song won. And I'm happy about that. As I started listening to the entries, I rapidly realised my entry was far from winning. That's what I always look for here month after month and I usually find it. Wonderful songs, overall.

Thanks everyone who voted for Mexico. I discovered a couple of months ago and really liked it and I wanted to share it with you.
mondflug
Manager

Postby xtofer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Love Javiera Mena <3 Deserving winner! It was my #2. Her other song "Luz de Piedra de Luna", which was presented by yomaku (whatever happened to him?), was probably on top of my favourite entries from last year and it's a shame it got disqualified due to yomaku not voting.

Mexico is my favourite this month. I just love song! It makes me feel like i'm longing for something I have never experienced. <3 Glad it ended up in the top 10!
xtofer
Legend

Return to Games