The Song Collectors IV - THE FINAL - WINNER!

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby cheapthrills » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:23 am

trebor wrote:^^ CST would be so much easier! 8-)
Fun fact: I always assumed (wrongly, obviously) that Colorado bordered Texas... :oops: (That sneaky streak of Oklahoma land is quite bizarre)
Central time is trash :evil:

You are right - thank goodness for the finger of Oklahoma. They are good for more than just bringing Carrie Underwood to the world.
Vote for songs in the Summertime Madness Tournamentr!
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 am

Incidentally, the song I LOVED from the finale was a flopho submission:

My favourite competition discovery along with Uncle Lucius' Keep The Wolves Away.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby trebor » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:14 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Shout-out to trebor and Thriller for consistently submitting strong entries throughout the game.
That is such a nice thing to say, @JSparksFan! Thank you very much.
I really tried to be (somewhat) creative and offer something outside of the UKMiX confines but still remain true to myself.

cheapthrills wrote:Trebor, you had some really amazing picks and I'm so glad you got this far. Your Legacy song may have been a bust for me, but the other three choices were great! I bet you never thought that someone who can't "stop with pop" would like so many of your songs ;)
What a smooth talker! :lol: Thank you very much; really appreciated.
I knew that Montgomery Gentry would be polarizing and I'm sorry that the visual and lyrical duplicity caused you emotional stress. Yes, it's Troy Gentry who passed away last autumn (i.e. fall, for you)

R.I.P. Troy Gentry
(April 5, 1967 – September 8, 2017)

Wikipedia
Yes indeed, I was very surprised at you liking my entries. But I have officially apologised since I first called you out as a mainstream pop listener.

#stopwithpop #OMG #GOODTIMES :D 8-) Never stop the pop! [ <3 ]

cheapthrills wrote:Central time is trash :evil:
No, Music City rules... ! :D

cheapthrills wrote:You are right - thank goodness for the finger of Oklahoma. They are good for more than just bringing Carrie Underwood to the world.
v v :o

The Oklahoma panhandle's Western edge is out of alignment with its Texas border. The Oklahoma/New Mexico border is 2.1 to 2.2 miles east of the Texas line. The border between Texas and New Mexico was set first as a result of a survey by Spain in 1819. It was then set along the 103rd meridian. In the 1890s, when Oklahoma was formally surveyed using more accurate surveying equipment and techniques, it was discovered the Texas line was not set along the 103rd meridian. Surveying techniques were not as accurate in 1819, and the actual 103rd meridian was approximately 2.2 miles to the east. It was much easier to leave the mistake than for Texas to cede land to New Mexico to correct the surveying error. The placement of the Oklahoma/New Mexico border represents the true 103rd meridian.

Cimarron County in Oklahoma's panhandle is the only county in the United States that touches four other states: New Mexico, Texas, Colorado and Kansas.
This is purely for gossip reasons...

trebor
Legend

Postby trebor » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Appreciations

Huge thanks for leading and hosting this game! It was splendidly rolled out and organised!
Amazingly structured and focussed!
Again, thank you so much for having me on board and for the opportunity to participate.

ImageImageImageImage
Big, big thanks to the jury panel, as well. Without your time and dedication this game could not have taken place.
You were all great and I truly enjoyed reading through all of your comments and judgements!

À la prochaine, hopefully!
Last edited by trebor on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trebor
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Wayne wrote:Incidentally, the song I LOVED from the finale was a flopho submission:

My favourite competition discovery along with Uncle Lucius' Keep The Wolves Away.
She has amazing vocals and her voice reminds me of Cher's a lot.
I didn't go crazy over the song tho :oops: (not that anyone has asked tho :lol:. ).

Keep The Wolves Away on the other hand... Powerful and unusual lyrics and the video enhances the song even more ! Loved it and added it to one of my playlists . Great discover! Thanks !
Last edited by BodyShop on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BodyShop
Manager

Postby sonia85 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Congratulations, @flopho!
sonia85
Manager

Postby Spartan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Congrats to flopho for winning!! Thanks to Wayne for hosting a such a great game.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 pm

So it makes sense I came third in the final as I admit I didn’t put masses of thought into my songs choices but I was pleased to go so far after missing elimination closely in the early stages!

Good to see BETSY get some love! I should’ve thought of her myself.

Well done to Wayne and the judges especially for committing to this!
Thriller

Postby flopho » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:24 am

Only just saw the results, never ever thought I would be in the Top 3, let alone win this! Thank you all so much, especially the great ratings for Daddy Lessons :o really loved participating in this, the excitement reading through the results was real! Hope there'll be another version of this game.

Glad you enjoyed Betsy's track so much cheapthrills and Wayne, I knew I would enter a Betsy song for "You" but kept switching between her holy trinity, almost couldn't decide since they're pretty much equally great (+ Waiting is pretty good too) Lemme do some promo:

Wanted More
Little White Lies
Waiting
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:57 am

I will do another edition of this eventually but I will do it differently - rather than one song deciding fate though, I'd do it on a rolling basis.

R1 - no elimination
R2 - elimination based on R1 + R2 scores.
R3 - elimination based on R2 + R3 scores.
R4 - elimination based on R3 + R4 scores.
R5 - elimination based on R4 + R5 scores.

And so on - looking back for e.g. biscuits went from hero of the hour to zero of the hour (at least this way, everyone's fate is based on two songs).
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Carbon » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm

congrats flopho for the win, and a huge thanks to Wayne for doing a great job as host. love this game and will def participate in the future
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Return to Games