Want to share secrets? - A RayRay exclusive

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Okay everyone, I've thought about a new game. I hope you are gonna like it and will participate. :D

SECRETS - A RayRay exclusive

Explanation of the game:
- four people sign up to share a "secret" via pm
- the secret is about a theme I'll choose
- when I have received the four secrets, I'll present them here
- next everybody who wants to participate, match every secret to a person
- for every right answer you will get one point
- at the end of every month, we'll have a winner
- at the beginning of every month, we'll have four new people to share a secret

Example:
- four people sign up: Ben, Trish, Max and Steve
- theme is family; Ben, Trish, Max and Steve pm me a family story no one here knows about
- I present the four stories here
- people guess who's story fits with Ben/Trish/Max/Steve
- after some days, I'll hand out the points and we move on to the next theme till the month is over

I don't know anything about graphics, so no fancy lay-out, but a good game nonetheless.
Last edited by RayRay on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 pm

First four people to sign up can share there "secrets".

RayRay
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Good idea. I think there was something similar in Airwrecka’s game years ago and it worked well. One suggestion I have is, instead of 4 people, maybe you could allow it to be any number of people within a 24 hour period and then we just match name to secret?

1. biscuits The Diva
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Spartan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm

biscuits wrote:Good idea. I think there was something similar in Airwrecka’s game years ago and it worked well. One suggestion I have is, instead of 4 people, maybe you could allow it to be any number of people within a 24 hour period and then we just match name to secret?

1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
I think this would work better with the amount of people who'll probably be interested. Great idea though RayRay! 8-)
Spartan
Legend

Postby jio » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Spartan wrote:
biscuits wrote:Good idea. I think there was something similar in Airwrecka’s game years ago and it worked well. One suggestion I have is, instead of 4 people, maybe you could allow it to be any number of people within a 24 hour period and then we just match name to secret?

1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
3.jio, not jLo
I think this would work better with the amount of people who'll probably be interested. Great idea though RayRay! 8-)
jio
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Okay, I extend it to 5 people and see how it goes.

1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
3.jio, not jLo
RayRay
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm

1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
3.jio, not jLo
4. AlphaMale
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm

1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
3.jio, not jLo
4. AlphaMale
5. DOSSOME
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 am

DOSSOME wrote:1. biscuits The Diva
2. Spartan
3.jio, not jLo
4. AlphaMale
5. DOSSOME
Thank you so much for being the first five to share your secrets here! :D

The first theme is "music". Tell me (via pm) a story about "music" that no one here have heard from you before.
- something that happened when you saw an artist live in concert
- an argument you had with a friend about a favorite artist
- parents breaking your cd's for playing them too loud
etc. etc. etc.

Tell it in a way that doesn't make it too obvious it is about you. This way it will be more fun for the rest to guess which story belongs to whom.

You have till Wednesday to go back in your mind and share your best/worst/funniest experience.

On February 1 the game will start. I will post your stories that day and it is up to everyone here to guess which story belongs to who.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Two secrets in my inbox. Waiting for the other three. :-)
RayRay
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Hope I get in time next month to share a secret! I'll be participating in this one, though! :)
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby cheapthrills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 pm

This looks fun :)
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm

I've got all five stories and they are all good. I really wonder if you all are gonna guess, who wrote what.
It's hard to wait till February 1 to start. So I might start a little early as February only has 28 days, I don't think anyone will mind if we add a few days of January.
RayRay
Legend

Postby trebor » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm

I think you may start now if you have all the stories.
This sounds all very interesting! :D
trebor
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

May I present to you 5 secrets with "Music" as theme:

Secret A:
When I was a teenager, I hid all my Dad’s CDs for about a year so that we would play only my music in the house.

Secret B:
The bet was on... we would meet after school for a truth or dare. I was a good student... actually too good, straight As... so nobody really thought I'd dare... because truth or dare was essentially dare or dare for any newbie like me. Nobody cared about our truths. We didn't had much to share anyway.

So the dare they gave me was pick a store and rob something. But not something anything. Something useful. But what if I get caught? My own dad had a shop right in the centre, knew all other shopkeepers, it was a small town after all, if I got caught, my life would finish before it started.

"Ha? do you wanna back off? chicken, chicken", was the response.

So OK, I'd rob... a cassette I said. It was the easiest thing I could rob. See, music stores had no protection back then because they had nothing original. Everything was pirated so who cared if something got lost? No, they said. That's too easy. You'll rob 7 cassettes, one for each one of us. OK

Headed to the cassette store. Heard the music... a bit like house but more minimal... kinda weird, interesting... approached the girl:
-Who's that? I said... -No idea, she answered

The other guys were making the sign of chickens behind me, I had to move

"Got to have her love
With me, need her love
Got to have her love
With me, need her love

Come on, come on now

There's nothing in this world I won't do
Girl, to get a taste of you
Come on and give me some lovin' now"

the music kept playing, I loved the song but I was also dizzy from fear. The girl approached me again...
-Can I help you, kid? Yeah, I wanna know who's the dude singing, I said

She left, approached the other woman. I took 7 random cassettes as fast as I could from right in front of me and put them in my pockets. There was another kid opposite me. Looked at me with huge stary eyes. "Shhhh!" I pointed at him with my finger. Luckily he complied. She returned. The name is "Guy", the song is "Her", do you want it? Sure, I said. Brought the cassette, paid for it, left... along with 7 random stolen cassettes. I passed the dare.

Gave the cassettes to my friends and went back to the store. The kid was still there. Waited for him and gave him my "Guy" cassette. He had no idea who it was but took it anyway. Without "thank you". So I passed the dare, stole 7 cassettes, gave them all away, bought one original too with my own money and gave it away too. Now I was broke for the week and absolutely nothing to show for it... damn!!!!

Secret C:
when I was in school, I was embarrassed to tell people I had never been to a concert so I used to lie and say I had seen George Michael in concert with my mom

Secret D:
I was 16 when I travelled from Lisbon to London completely on my own to see the opening night of my favorite artist.
It was september of 1993, there was no internet, never had been abroad before, and apart from speaking english I knew nothing about London. How to get to my hotel, how to get from my hotel to the venue and London felt so so big compared to Lisbon.
But I was not afraid, well I was but the excitment of being in London and going to that concert, all that adrenaline, kept the fear away!
My parents didn't wanted to let me go, it was a full year of arguments and compromises so that I could go!
To this day, I not sure why on earth did they let me go, but they did!
Turns out, it's not that dificult to go around London and visit places!
Of course, the first place I went, was the venue of the concert so that I could make no mistakes on the day of the concert!
I got there, 25th of september, very early in the morning and there were already, I think thounsands of people.
I quickly made some friends, but funny enough, not one was english! French, Belgiums, Brasillians, Spanish.
We drank, we sang, we danced and we run, boy how we runned when those doors were open.
I had the time of my life, but all those months of expectation and all of a sudden, the concert was over.
I cried, I laughed, I had chills down my spine I had all emotions in me in those two hours!
It's a memory That's it's carved in me as one of the best times of my teenager years!
I was so high on being happy and excited, that afterwards I hardly could remember anything from the show! Only a few days after everything sunked in!
And everytime I see the dvd, I still get chills remembring those days!

Secret E:
Here it goes : So I had just joined Uni a couple of months earlier and had made a few friends in school. There was an R. Kelly concert happening in town later in the month and one of the friends figured I might be interested and suggested we should attend. I was willing to but I was dead broke, couldn't even afford a haircut let alone a concert in support of a platinum album (Double Up) :cry: .. The other friends weren't really interested, maybe cause they either didn't like the artist or the music so the plan basically flopped... Two days later I got a text from Tony (the friend who suggested we should attend the concert) saying he had bought an extra ticket and if I was interested, I could have it. Are you kidding me? Of course I wanted to go. The concert was great until the very end but as we were preparing to leave, Tony suggested we should head to his place since it was late & that he'll drop me to my place the next morning. Y'all know how these stories end ;-)

These secrets belong to:
biscuits The Diva, Spartan, jio, AlphaMale and DOSSOME.
Combine the secrets to these members and pm me. In a few days I will let you know who had the most correct answers.
You can discuss a little here. If you are sure about some of those secrets don't say why (yet), as others may still have to guess.

Bonus point:
You can score one bonus point if you get the next question right:
Who changed his secret and handed in a new one as he felt a little ashamed about his original entry?

So all in all, you can score 6 points. Good luck!
RayRay
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Can I guess too? Or maybe not or else people would find out what's mine :oops:
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Secret E, I don't know how those stories end. I am so confused. Please add every single detail. ;)
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby BodyShop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm

This is fun :D
Secret D is sooooooo easy hahahahaha
BodyShop
Manager

Postby RayRay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

cheapthrills wrote:Secret E, I don't know how those stories end. I am so confused. Please add every single detail. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:06 pm

AlphaMale wrote:Can I guess too? Or maybe not or else people would find out what's mine :oops:
You have to wait. In March I'll ask new members to tell me their secrets.
But this month (February) you are only allowed to tell me your secrets.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 pm

BodyShop wrote:This is fun :D
Send me a pm with the combinations you think fit.
Good luck! :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Sent my guesses. I'm only sure of one secret though, it's so obvious :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 pm

RayRay wrote:
BodyShop wrote:This is fun :D
Send me a pm with the combinations you think fit.
Good luck! :D
Sent :D
BodyShop
Manager

Postby jio » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Mmmm something's comin' over
mmmm something's comin' over meeee
my baby's got a secreeeet
jio
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Funny to see how BodyShop and spiritboy have slightly different guesses.
Don't forget you can score a bonus point by guessing who "deleted" his secret and asked me to replace it with another one.
RayRay
Legend

Return to Games