129th FSC (Feb 2018): Valparaíso, Chile (RESULTADOS)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby jio » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 pm

I am happy with my 10th position cause I was thinking my song could go either way... Also I am surprised the UK only ended up 15th, that was a fantastic song (and video), surprised also with the US, although I didn't like it at all personally I was expecting it to be a contender for the top. Congrats to Undercover and Australia for winning, didn't see that one coming at all but of course I could see it was a great song. Other than that I loved the Faroe Islands and I was actually thinking it would be between Mainshow and cheapthrills this month (sorry mondflug didn't see you coming at all). And of course positively surprised Kazakhstan ended up so high, congrats trebor, it was a cool song
jio
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Australia and France were imo two fav at first listen, great choices by Undercover and jio!
leomedar
Legend

Postby Affillate » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Congrats Australia.

BTW, there was an error in my votes grybop (didn’t affect anything up top) I gave 5 points to GERMANY (that quirky Cherie song) and not Greece. ;)

There were a few dance jams this month, Italy, Belarus, Argentina etc. I liked the groove of Philippines so gave it my 12. Thanks to all the voters for Fiji this month.
Affillate
Manager

Postby westhammer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 pm

That's my highest placing for ages so delighted with that! Thanks to all who voted for New Zealand

I had originally rated Australia as one of my favourites but it fell flat on further listens! Well done to Spain & Switzerland
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Knowing I had given Faroe Islands the 12, the whole time I thought Mainshow had it until those 5 points from franklex came through. I thought it was such a great song and it would have been cool to have a winner be from there! I would have also liked to see Canada and France make the top five.

The message of the song I submitted was important to me and I am glad I got to share it with everyone. I was fairly sure it would finish in the lower half given how unconventional and angry it is. And I submit the song late. But I'm elated that were a few people who appreciated what it was. Thanks navi, trebor, Thriller, and CPB <3
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby mondflug » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm so glad my song did well. It's very underrated here in Spain. It does deserve more credit. Things won't change but at least I'm giving them joy (I will forward them these results 8-)). Thanks for everyone who voted for it.

I liked Australia, even though I liked other songs more, but it's good it wins. Switzerland was my favourite this time. It's outstanding - different, unique and catchy.
mondflug
Manager

Postby ConstantinosV » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 pm

congrats to australia and faroe.. incredible entry from mainshow!!
ConstantinosV
Manager

Postby Grybop » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Affillate wrote:BTW, there was an error in my votes grybop (didn’t affect anything up top) I gave 5 points to GERMANY (that quirky Cherie song) and not Greece. ;)
Sorry about that, but to my defence, the drag & drop feature in the new Scorewiz script is a little painful to use! Correction made!
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby heppolo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 am

congrats to Undercover, I already knew that awesome Hatchie song but just had to give 12 points to Faroe Islands as ''I Tokuni'' was my #6 song of 2016.
Thanks to everyone who voted for my really old entry.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Undercover » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:33 am

What a surprise! I was afraid that this song stylistically will be "too old" for most of our listeners and will end somewhere in the middle of the list. Glad I was wrong. Thanks for your votes. Happy to join FSC's "Club 4". :D

See you somewhere it the deserts of Australia. :)
Undercover
Superstar

Postby HC55555 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 pm

My 12 points wasn't for Norway but New Zealand. It doesn't change that much since it's still #6, but at least my entry gets a better placement without those Norwegian extra 12 points :lol:

OMG, that finale... congrats to Australia (my #2 this month) but Faroe losing by one point makes me want to reverse their placements in my voting list (I gave just 4 points to Faroe) lol I mean, a) it would've been cooler to have a winner from Faroe Islands; b) I really thought nobody would vote for "Í tokuni" and I hate throwing away votes, so that maybe defined why I didn't give it 5, 6 or more points; and c) as someone pointed out, "Sure" is great at first listens but then gets Meh, as opposite to "Í tokuni" which I'm loving more every day.

Anyway, both really good songs, congrats to the users who submitted 'em!

flopho wrote:
HC55555 wrote:This is also the first month I gave a ZERO, so this month's average must be the pits. I usually find redeeming qualities in all songs, but this month one of the worst songs I ever heard in my life was submitted. Can't wait to see if it gets some points...
Had a similar experience, when I read this I was sure it's about my entry, but now I wonder if we're talking about the same song, excited! :lol:
Not at all, in fact your entry was my 12th.

Grybop wrote:^^ Make sure you reveal all after the results have been posted :lol:
Okay, I know it's probably the biggest hit in this month's list but the song I HATE is Brazilian entry "Vai malandra". I was rooting for it... to get LAST PLACE but clearly CandyPerfumeBoy had earwax the day he ranked entries :lol:

Thanks to everyone who voted for "Una Na". As usual, I flop with my own country :oops: I doubt I'll win ever again but let me figure out what I do next month.
HC55555
Manager

Postby westhammer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:17 pm

^Girl I want those 12 points thank you :lol:

Also the entry I'm considering for next month has a sample, can I present it now in the hopes I get the country?!
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
westhammer
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Thank you to everyone having voted for the Faroe Islands! I didn't expect to end up being so high and wow, only one/two point/s were missing to win. I was so close :D - Anyway, Congrats to Undercover! ;) - I am glad to see Kazakhstan and Switzerland that high! Love both songs + Greece was also very special and a great entry (I think it got robbed, though). - Personally, I loved this month and I can't wait for March ;)
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Affillate » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 am

New thread?
Affillate
Manager

Postby leomedar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Affillate wrote:New thread?
lol we are all waiting! Of course Ill come 5 mins late with all key countries taken...
leomedar
Legend

Postby mondflug » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:49 pm

My F5 key is already worn out :lol: :lol:
mondflug
Manager

Postby ConstantinosV » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Aaaa still waiting :p
ConstantinosV
Manager

Postby xtofer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Congrats to Australia! It was on the middle part of my shortlist for a while but it ended up 8th in my final list! Didn't honestly expect it to win but it did so well!

I guess i'm the only one who liked the Spanish entry so much! It's cool how ASMR mix so well with a tropical beat. :lol: The "meow meow meow" part in the chorus was stuck in my head for days. The Faroe island entry was my #5 but I honestly regret I didn't chart it higher, it could have won. I'm glad of New Zealand's and Sweden's placing.
xtofer
Legend

Postby Grybop » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 pm

HC55555 wrote:My 12 points wasn't for Norway but New Zealand. It doesn't change that much since it's still #6, but at least my entry gets a better placement without those Norwegian extra 12 points :lol:
Ahhhrghhh Apologies mate! Fixed now!
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Return to Games