131st FSC (Apr 2018): Manchester, UK (R E S U L T S)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Thriller » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am

Talk about lack of tension :lol: the winner was sewn up from like the tenth vote. Congrats trebor, I liked the US entry but didn't expect such a runaway win! I really thought UK, Sweden and Greece would do a lot better and can't believe Belgium came last! :o

Thanks to all the Australia voters, been waiting a long time to enter that one!
Thriller

Postby Grybop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:29 am

Grybop wrote:
There's one song I wanted to enter myself which inevitably gets my 12 points.
Yaassss, happy to see this haunting song win! The ease with which it won is unbelievable. This was one of my fave songs in 2014 and I meant to enter it myself but always pushed it back.

Anyhow, an amazing selection of songs guys, I think the 13th position for Greece was just about what I expected, given that the leftfield camp of the voters would be absolutely torn this month :lol: Thank you franklex for your 12, and Thriller, xtofer and grooveboy for your 8s.

Ukraine should have done better, Poland I understand was weird, but deserved better as well. Real Lies for the UK were responsible for my favourite song of 2014, but hadn't really looked for them since then, good song. Chilean pop can't go wrong, it seems! More, please!

See you next month in... Texas? Maybe!
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby trebor » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:00 am

Grybop wrote:See you next month in... Texas? Maybe!
:wink: :lol:
It's going to take place in Music City (Nashville TN)! 8-)
trebor
Legend

Postby jio » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks for all the points guys. Wasn't really sure how my entry was gonna be received because of the retro vibe of it all but glad it ended up Top 10 (although I wouldn't have minded a bit higher lol)

It was a great great month with many fabulous songs. I adored all of my Top 10 + my #11 (Philippines). I especially loved my Top 4 (the latin 3 + UK) which I downloaded. I have to say I also heard "Pump Up The Jam"'s beat in Chile's entry but besides that it was a whole different song composition so it's OK.

USA was my #12. I did not love it but I did like it and thought it would do great (although I did not think it would win). Big big congrats to Trebor although I have to admit that I was expecting a big country banger instead of the little pop song we got. But big congratulations all the same hopefully you will make up for the lost opportunity in Nashville or Texas lol.
jio
Legend

Postby Affillate » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:42 am

Well done to trebor and US. I remember shazaming this song a little while ago. I enjoyed the vibe of the Malaysian entry as well. Thanks to all the Lithuania voters, Saw I got a few 8's and 10's I think from some of you as I flip flopped from the first column to the second, haha.

[LITHUANIA]
12 points US
10 points MALAYSIA
08 points MOLDOVA
07 points CHILE
06 points GERMANY
05 points UKRAINE
04 points NORWAY
03 points AUSTRALIA
02 points SOUTH AFRICA
01 points GUATEMALA
Affillate
Manager

Postby ConstantinosV » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm

nice winner but australia was the best!!!!!
ConstantinosV
Manager

Postby grooveboy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Congratulations trebor!! I ranked it slightly above Sweden, Greece and Mexico but all 4 songs were standouts of this strong month 8-)
Thanx everyone who voted for Real Lies :D
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby franklex » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:42 am

Thnx to Leychen and Grybop I did not flop :D
this was a good month but votes were PFFFF :roll:

Congrats to trebor! And glad to see Australia and Mexico in top 5 :)
Finland and Greece should be scored much better this month guys!

Belgium and Loїc Bottom, guys really? I was sure it will somewhere in the middle. I guess a lot of us like Loїc and it is 3 time in a row but bottom?!

Btw. Apr was tne most liked month by us this year so far. It got 8.75/10 by ranking I based on (positive, negative or average) comments during the voting time.
Jan     7.72
Feb    4.62
Mar   7.28
Apr    8.75
franklex
Roadie

Postby cheapthrills » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:04 am

Congrats, trebor. I am so excited for the next FSC to be in Denver ;)

Great submission and as soon as I heard it, I felt it would be the winner, and I was equally not surprised to see it dominate in points. It was one choice I kept going back to and I was happy to give it my 12 point vote. Also nice to see Moldova finish so high.

Thanks to those of you who voted for Guatemala. I wanted to choose that country because the person I love most in the world was born there. April is his birthday month. :) I believe this is the first time Guatemala has had an entry in the FSC and I'm glad it had such a high debut.

By the way, when was the last time that none of the countries finishing in the top five were European? :o
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby trebor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:45 am

cheapthrills wrote:By the way, when was the last time that none of the countries finishing in the top five were European? :o
It's a... first!
In the period of 2011 to 2018 there were two instances of 4-1 finishes;

103rd FSC (Dec 2015): Bradford, UK
01. Argentina (Grybop) 93
02. Austria (Mainshow) 86
03. Israel (mondflug) 81
04. US (aboldmule) 78
05. South Africa (Thriller) 75

54th UKMIX Forum Song Contest: Yaoundé, Cameroon (Nov 2011)
01. United States 117
02. Canada 101
03. Italy 89
04. New Zealand 86
05. Australia 77
trebor
Legend

Postby Grybop » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:40 am

^^ Congrats on your win btw :lol:
Belgium and Loїc Bottom, guys really? I was sure it will somewhere in the middle. I guess a lot of us like Loїc and it is 3 time in a row but bottom?!
Re: Belgium, I thought the video tried too hard and that sort of dragged the song down as well - which in truth was unremarkable. I loved Loic in Eurovision a few years back, but I'm not sure his output since then lived up to the expectations that performance built for him. Perhaps Doctor did not deserve to finish last normally, but this was no ordinary month either.
They need rappers like me
So they can get on their ****' keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chun-Li
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby Mainshow » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Wow! Didn't expect to end up being Top 10 with Moldova! - Another succes for the Romanian language. That's amazing, thank you guys!

Congrats to trebor! - Personally, I was not a fan of the song but that huge margin was incredible! Getting such an amazing score in such a strong month is a huge achievement! Well done!

Personally, I think that Germany is underrated. Canada & Argentina were amazing entries as well! - Belgium's rank was shocking!
Mainshow
Legend

Postby trebor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:16 pm

(Broken Bells: James Mercer & Danger Mouse)

Thank you, guys! :D
Really don't know what to say...
The victory was so obvious that it killed all suspense while the voting was unveiled; I missed that special spark this month.
Anyhow, happy that the Broken Bells found such acclaim. The song entered has been a favourite of mine for years now and it regularly pops up in my weekly chart.
The songs that I was really rooting for: Canada & Finland did moderately well, and I am really sorry that South Africa ended up that low. I really liked it.
Sweden was my number 11, the UK was at 12 (got handicapped by West End Girls) and Australia was at #13 (probably the best production but didn't fully resonate with me). The rest didn't make the cut; with Belgium coming in last.
I will start the new contest and thread in about 9 to 10 hours.
See y'all in Nashville TN for the 132nd FSC (May 2018); and good luck to all the participants.
I am going to drop the USA. (It would be nice if it went to someone who hadn't a chance at it in at least the 12 past months!)
trebor
Legend

Postby HC55555 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:35 pm

15 - 27/04 | VOTE! Whoever fails to vote during this period cannot participate in the following contest.
WHAT? I just read this, it's bulls***, I was a few hours late but I still voted. If I knew this rule (I just read it now), I wouldn't even waste my time on listening all songs and voting 'em fairly, and would just appear next month. Or worst; as I announced on the 27th (last day to vote), I was listening and judging the songs, this took me until just after midnight; if I knew this stupid rule beforehand, I coud have just thrown in a random vote and would still make it before deadline.

So this rule is stupid AF as it goes against fair play and punishes users who play this regularly. It's also not like this game is in a golden age and we have to cut out users, last month we barely reached 20 players and yet you're banishing 10% of them. This rule should be applied for those who doesn't even vote at all, or to "Very Late Vote"rs at least. There's only 12 of these contents per year and I'm just going to miss one because I missed a deadline by a few hours for the first time in years? I'm mad, if I'm being punished for this (other than 10 points reduction which was catastrophic enough) I won't be playing ever again.
HC55555
Manager

Postby HC55555 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 pm

Probably my last month playing given that stupid rule saying I can't compete because I sent my votes 3 hours late. A shame I never achieved great success with my own country in here, but at least I tried. Thanks to all Argentina voters, a lot of 7s and even a 12 (thanks heppolo!) :D

I would have liked a Guatemala win but I'm glad for the Latin representation in the Top 5 - I would have NEVER expect Mexico so high! It was one of the songs I had to cut off and it bothers me I couldn't give it any points. It sounds like Argentinian folklore so that would have opened the gates for me to send an entry of that genre in future contests.
HC55555
Manager

Return to Games