The Best Album By...Beyoncé (R2)

Moderators: tdc2000, Spartan

Postby Erotica » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm

+2 1989 - Like A Prayer
+1 1998 - Ray Of Light
+7 2005 - Confessions On A Dance Floor
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:12 pm

RayRay wrote:COADF is so damn overrated
Yoshie
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Yoshie wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Her best album since American Life IMO.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby urbanmusik » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Bedtime Stories :cry:

07 Ray of Light
02 Confessions on a Dance Floor
01 Like a Prayer
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:07 pm

1989 - Like A Prayer (3 points)
1998 - Ray Of Light (3 points)
2005 - Confessions On A Dance Floor (4 points)
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:14 pm

1998 - Ray Of Light 6 points
1989 - Like A Prayer = 2 points
2005 - Confessions On A Dance Floor = 2 points
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Leychen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 pm

1 Like A Prayer
4 Ray Of Light
5 Confessions On A Dance Floor
I was so blind, I could not see | Your paradise is not for me |Last.FM
Leychen
Roadie

Postby Shadowplay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:26 pm

8 points: COADF
1 point: Like A Prayer
1 point: Ray of Light
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby MusicLover88 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 am

Yoshie wrote:
For real.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Goldmoney » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:03 am

MusicLover88 wrote:
Yoshie wrote:
For real.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 am

you guys make me feel her whole discography is overrated.... STOP!

The only truth is that her whole discography in underrated, she should have gotten Album of the Year for True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life and Confessions.
leomedar
Superstar

Postby Jonathan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 am

8 1989 - Like A Prayer
1 1998 - Ray Of Light
1 2005 - Confessions On A Dance Floor
Jonathan
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm

ROL is the album that hasn't aged well IMO. My second least favorite Madonna album of all time.

+7 LAP
+2 COADF
+1 ROL
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Currently at 30 sets of votes - will be looking to close this tomorrow at some point!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby RayRay » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm

leomedar wrote:you guys make me feel her whole discography is overrated.... STOP!

The only truth is that her whole discography in underrated, she should have gotten Album of the Year for True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, American Life and Confessions.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Shadowplay » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 pm

No one can deny the importance of LAP and ROL. I personally would like to see a kind of recognition for COADF, her last masterpiece. Since then she did not deliver anything relevant (bar a few, random album tracks), imho.
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby RHpoz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Like a Prayer - 8
Ray of Light - 1
Confessions - 1
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie

Postby JJeffs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 pm

I just wanna know what people are referring to when they say under- or overrated? Metacritic? What ratings are we referring to when we say these things?
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BodyShop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm

5 Like A Prayer
4 Ray Of Light
1 Confessions On A Dance Floor
BodyShop
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:03 pm

Shadowplay wrote:No one can deny the importance of LAP and ROL. .
I'm sure some could if they wanted to. lol. But I agree they are both important records for both her and pop music. While LAP is a really strong collection of Madonna songs, ROL is more cohesive. Not saying one is better than the other for that reason... but I just had to rationalize it in my mind somehow and that's why I gave ROL an extra point over LAP.

Not to sound whatever, but to me it comes down to the wording. "Best Album by Madonna" vs. "Best Madonna Album". To me there's a difference.

Best Album by Madonna - ROL
Best Madonna Album - LAP

To me, LAP is more of a quintessential Madonna album with it's sonic variety and content. And ROL is probably a stronger album overall, but it's got a sound to it that is very cohesive and singular, and I'm not sure it captures her spirit the way LAP does.

Hope that makes sense.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 pm

JJeffs wrote:I just wanna know what people are referring to when they say under- or overrated? Metacritic? What ratings are we referring to when we say these things?
Its called personal opinion.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
JJeffs wrote:I just wanna know what people are referring to when they say under- or overrated? Metacritic? What ratings are we referring to when we say these things?
Its called personal opinion.
Thanks, I do understand it's all opinion based. But, to me, saying something is "underrated" implies that majority opinion indicates something is not that great, and you disagree with the majority. So I was curious if there was a median or gauge for these ratings.

If it's just a way of saying we think something is really great, or not that great, fair enough.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 pm

JJeffs wrote:Thanks, I do understand it's all opinion based. But, to me, saying something is "underrated" implies that majority opinion indicates something is not that great, and you disagree with the majority. So I was curious if there was a median or gauge for these ratings.

If it's just a way of saying we think something is really great, or not that great, fair enough.
Maybe their opinion is just that its underrated. Maybe someone feel that a certain album should have receive more attention and thinks its underrated because of that. People are free to express what they feel and think.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
JJeffs wrote:Thanks, I do understand it's all opinion based. But, to me, saying something is "underrated" implies that majority opinion indicates something is not that great, and you disagree with the majority. So I was curious if there was a median or gauge for these ratings.

Maybe their opinion is just that its underrated. Maybe someone feel that a certain album should have receive more attention and thinks its underrated because of that. People are free to express what they feel and think.
I think you're missing my intention here by your last sentence. I was genuinely wondering if it's because of the accolades the albums have received that we feel it was deserving of - or not. And if not, fair enough. You're somehow trying to turn this into me not understanding that people are "free to express how they feel and think." That's silly - of course they are. I was asking a genuine question that apparently got lost on you.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 pm

JJeffs wrote:I think you're missing my intention here by your last sentence. I was genuinely wondering if it's because of the accolades the albums have received that we feel it was deserving of - or not. And if not, fair enough. You're somehow trying to turn this into me not understanding that people are "free to express how they feel and think." That's silly - of course they are. I was asking a genuine question that apparently got lost on you.
I think everyone would have a different way to meassure it. I don't think it has to do with accolades or metacritic scores tho.

For example Xtina's "Stripped" got a mediocre score of 55/100 on metacritic and no one says that album is underrated, at the end it got the success it deserved, it scored hits and builded a legacy for her career. The metacritic score didn't play a part on how public perceived it.

On the other hand, there's Madonna's "Music" album which was raved and acclaimed by critics with a great 80/100 score and made many critics year's best lists yet I still think its underrated as I've perceived it tends to be overshadowed by the previous "Ray of light" era which makes "Music" a bit overlooked into my eyes, but thats just me and my way of thinking, other people can think and see it differently.
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to Games