Lady Gaga - Alejandro

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby oaknuys » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Biebz wrote:Yep, this is my fave Gaga track too
Even I think the video was unique despite being totally wacky lol the dave aude remix was on fire too!
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:55 pm

I remember in school, me and my friend were obsessed with the demo (which was the only version out at the time). I made him send me it through bluetooth :lol:
The demo was even better! I clearly remember that too
Awesomeness
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby oaknuys » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Carbon wrote:This has aged so much better than Telephone or Bad Romance, especially the latter
Agreed.
BR is utterly amazing still but Telephone is a dated mess.
Lol
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Biebz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

oaknuys wrote:

I remember in school, me and my friend were obsessed with the demo (which was the only version out at the time). I made him send me it through bluetooth :lol:
The demo was even better! I clearly remember that too
Awesomeness
Yeah, I remember when the official version came out I was gutted because it wasn't as good as the demo :lol: Shame they removed the epic pre-chorus build up
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Fan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 am

I was recently watching the video for the first time in years and I forgot what a stunning piece of work it actually was! I remember it got quite some critism after the epicness of both Bad Romance and Telephone, but I think this video is definitely up there with her best as well.

I love the darkness, which is quite a contrast compared to the song, and the homoerotic vibe it has. She looks incredible as well and the typical Steven Klein style suits her very, very well.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby Noahh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm

I’ve always hated the video for this. One of her worst in my opinion!
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Noahh wrote:I’ve always hated the video for this. One of her worst in my opinion!
Same. I think it's her worst and it doesn't go well with the song (which is one of her best).
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Spartan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:00 pm

One of her better effortsz
Spartan
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:03 pm

"Alejandro" is definately among her worst music videos but I don't think its her worst at all.

"Eh eh (there's nothing else I can say)", "LoveGame", "The edge of Glory", "Applause", the over the top mess that was "G.U.Y" and "Million reasons" are all worse music videos than "Alejandro".
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm

MrLeonix wrote:"Alejandro" is definately among her worst music videos but I don't think its her worst at all.

"Eh eh (there's nothing else I can say)", "LoveGame", "The edge of Glory", "Applause", the over the top mess that was "G.U.Y" and "Million reasons" are all worse music videos than "Alejandro".
Yes!!!!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Gravity » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:05 pm

The video is great but I can't stand the song
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby Carbon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 pm

it's one of her rare songs that didn't age badly. I think it's still quite nice to hear and it's remembered by people, which is what matters as well
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Return to The Retro