Mariah Carey - Without You

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Erotica » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Gravity wrote:This is one of the first songs I've ever heard from Mimi, it's a classic. Probably her biggest hit in Europe as well.
was my first Mariah song I heard too, at least I think so
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:00 am

Her greatest cover by far.
Who else matters?
dhenapie
Manager

Postby YASgawd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 am

dhenapie wrote:Her greatest cover by far.
See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low
YASgawd
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Is there anyone here who prefers Nilsson's version or is it just me? :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:57 pm

This is my favorite song of hers ever. This is the song that introduced me to Mariah and I remember being instantly in love with her. Since then, I discovered her whole discography and she ultimately became my favorite artist of all time. This song will always be special to me.
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 am

This was the song that made me a MC fan. I liked Hero but this song touched me :P
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Gravity » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Is there anyone here who prefers Nilsson's version or is it just me? :lol:
You and every radio station in Croatia. They play his version all the time :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby hellohello » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:11 am

CrazyCrazy wrote:Is there anyone here who prefers Nilsson's version or is it just me? :lol:
In UKMiX land, it's just you lol...

This song is overrated, overplayed and just plain awful.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Gravity wrote:
You and every radio station in Croatia. They play his version all the time :lol:
Nice to hear. :P
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:42 pm

I love the humming adlib she used to do for the second verse during the Daydream tour.
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby LongingHeart » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Gravity wrote:
Really? I have never heard his version. I'm pretty sure everyone in germany thinks it's a original Mariah song :P
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby RayRay » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:04 pm

^ Nilson is also not the first to sing the song. Eventhough he and Mariah are most famous for singing it.
RayRay
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:18 am

As a huge Mariah Carey fan myself I consider this to be too boring to even fathom!
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:As a huge Mariah Carey fan myself I consider this to be too boring to even fathom!
When I bought the album back in 1993 I used to skip this song. Thought it was too boring as well. Then it was released in early 1994 as the third single and I thought it would go nowhere on the charts. I couldn't believe how fast it went up to #1 all over Europe. It was massive and everywhere on radio and tv. Although I skipped the song on the CD, I couldn't escape it anymore and it slowly grew on me till I loved it so much that it became one of my all time favorite Mariah songs. :D :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:As a huge Mariah Carey fan myself I consider this to be too boring to even fathom!
When I bought the album back in 1993 I used to skip this song. Thought it was too boring as well. Then it was released in early 1994 as the third single and I thought it would go nowhere on the charts. I couldn't believe how fast it went up to #1 all over Europe. It was massive and everywhere on radio and tv. Although I skipped the song on the CD, I couldn't escape it anymore and it slowly grew on me till I loved it so much that it became one of my all time favorite Mariah songs. :D :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 pm

ken leeeeeeeeeee 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:15 am

RayRay wrote:
Great :D you made me wonder how differently we experienced music back then without Youtube or streaming platforms.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:04 pm

^ We had to wait till a song was played on the radio to hear it. Or we had to buy the cd. And when you bought the cd, you usually played the whole album or otherwise you had to keep changing cd's in the player.

To watch videos more often, I recorded them on VHS from tv. But often the beginning and/or end would be missing, as I started recording too late. Or sometimes they didn't play the whole video.

Before the cd, I recorded songs from the radio and the start or end of the song would be missing as well, or you would hear the DJ talk through the intro and/or end.

People are so blessed now. We can listen to any song without missing any part.

Oh, and lyrics... now you can look up any lyric you like. Back in the day, I'd put the cd on hold every few seconds to write down the lyrics myself...

It did make people listen to certain artists more. I only bought one cd per month. So I listened to them over and over and over. Now we add any song we like to our playlists and delete them as soon we get bored by them.
RayRay
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:52 am

I don't use this
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby LambChild » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:15 am

TheRealest wrote:I don't use this
Same. I find the studio version rather boring.

However I think some of the live renditions she did in both the Music Box & Daydream eras significantly add to her legacy.

I mean-
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:06 pm

The fact that Kween was able to get a pop cover of a classic rock staple into the top 10 of black radio speaks to her complete resonance with the public at that time! :cry:
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby SawyerHewitt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm

CLASSIC.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby TheRealest » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Goldmoney wrote:The fact that Kween was able to get a pop cover of a classic rock staple into the top 10 of black radio speaks to her complete resonance with the public at that time! :cry:
She was really a force
TheRealest
The Queen

Return to The Retro