Britney Spears - In The Zone

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Favourite songs?

1. Me Against The Music (feat. Madonna)
8%
2. (I Got That) Boom Boom (feat. Ying Yang Twins)
7%
3. Showdown
5%
4. Breathe On Me
17%
5. Early Mornin'
5%
6. Toxic
14%
7. Outrageous
4%
8. Touch Of My Hand
11%
9. The Hook Up
5%
10. Shadow
4%
11. Brave New Girl
2%
12. Everytime
14%
13. Me Against The Music (feat. Madonna) [Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix]
2%
14. The Answer
1%
15. Don't Hang Up
2%

Total votes : 195

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Hands down to In the Zone's most underrated track:

Moby simply delivered with this stunning song, I wish she had collaborated with him again, they did a brilliant job in this dark urban experimental track, this has always been one of my favorite Britney songs.

The dark and hpynotic sound of this song always captures me and I love the lyrics they're so hard partying and badass.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 am

I remember the time when I didn't like this album as much because I was so used to the bubblegum pop Max Martin Britney but this album really became my fave later on. There is no bad song.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Breathe on Me
Early Mornin'
Toxic
Touch of My Hand
Everytime
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:10 pm

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Breathe On Me, which Britney definitely did love, was slated to be In The Zone's fifth single but as a result of the injury, the campaign was cut short.
:cry:

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... te__20682/
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 pm

"Breathe On Me" would be on par with "Toxic" as her greatest work today.

Shame it never happened, Britney clearly loves it.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:51 am

"In the Zone" was released 15 years ago today!

"In the Zone" is the fourth studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on November 12, 2003 through Jive Records. Its music incorporates dance, house, reggae, trip hop, and hip hop styles with instrumentation from guitars, drums, synthesizers, strings, and Middle Eastern musical instruments. Its themes range from love, dancing, empowerment, and in the case of songs such as "Touch of My Hand", sex and masturbation. Contributions to the album's production came from a wide range of producers, including Bloodshy & Avant, R. Kelly, Trixster, Moby, Guy Sigsworth and The Matrix.
With nearly 350 million streams, "In the Zone" is currently Britney's most streamed album on Spotify.

01 - 242,706,735 - Toxic
02 - 50,325,339 - Everytime
03 - 17,838,123 - Me Against the Music
04 - 7,902,036 - Outrageous
05 - 6,698,283 - Breathe on Me
06 - 5,436,643 - (I Got That) Boom Boom
07 - 3,574,393 - The Hook Up
08 - 2,612,531 - Touch of My Hand
09 - 2,280,500 - Showdown
10 - 1,596,395 - Brave New Girl
11 - 1,499,126 - Early Mornin'
12 - 1,495,138 - Me Against the Music (Rishi Rich's Desi Kulcha Remix)
13 - 1,283,674 - Shadow
14 - 515,138 - Don't Hang Up
15 - 383,966 - The Answer
NPR included the album on "The 50 Most Important Recordings of the Decade" list, calling it "a primer on the sound of pop in the '00s". Happy 15th anniversary to this career defining era! It's extremely hard to imagine Britney's career without this album, and without a "Toxic". Still her greatest work to date IMO. :D

Instinct
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:13 am

Yaay . . Happy anniversary to the great "In The Zone". My personal favorite Britney era.

Still super pop and mainstream yet her most artistic and experimental record, it revamped her sound completely. It's pretty urban and vibey and I it features the highest of Britney Spears' recordings, from brilliant tunes like "Toxic" to the greatest songwriting moment of her career "Everytime".

The first 3 singles were all global hits everywhere and it's music videos showcased Britney as a dancer ("Me Against The Music"), as a Popstar ("Toxic") as a songwriter ("Everytime").

"Toxic" is the biggest female song of 2004 and one of the greatest recordings of the 21st century and "The Onyx Hotel Tour" is IMO her best show. And on top of that this album also features the best album tracks of her career ("Breathe On Me" and "Touch Of My Hand").
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:27 am

I love it, but I was majorly pissed at the time when the whole thing got cancelled because of her knee.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Main Album Rank:

1. Toxic
2. Touch Of My Hand
3. Breathe On Me
4. Everytime
5. Early Mornin'
6. Showdown
7. The Hook Up
8. Brave New Girl
9. Shadow
10. Me Against The Music
11. (I Got That) Boom Boom
12. Outrageous

Including bonus tracks and songs from the era:

1. Toxic
2. Touch Of My Hand
3. Breathe On Me
4. Everytime
5. Early Mornin'
6. Showdown
7. The Hook Up
8. Brave New Girl
9. Girls & Boys
10. The Answer
11. Shadow
12. Me Against The Music
13. (I Got That) Boom Boom
14. Outrageous
15. Don't Hang Up
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:39 am

Ugh my favorite Britney album. Love everything about it.
A bit sad that Toxic kind of overshadows the entirety of the album now, but it’s also a hell of a tune so I accept that.
I am so sad that they never continued after the Outrageous mess. This incident was the beginning of her fall. I wish they would’ve just let her recover during 1-2 weeks and then continue shooting the video and the era.

I am sure we could’ve gotten 6 songs from this era. So sad that it ended after 3 (and a half). Breathe on me was waiting to be released after Outrageous. And what could’ve been the 6th single? Perhaps Touch of my hand, Shadow, The Hook Up.

A perfect pop album which achieved a lot but could have achieved even more!
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 am

The album that shaped my childhood. I love it so much. Every single thing about it. It was just perfection from beginning to end.

I agree with LotsOfLove that Toxic overshadows what an amazing body of work ITZ is, especially MATM is criminally underrated - even among fans.

Literally every single song could have been a single and would probably have been a hit.

She was just on top of her game in 2003/2004. Every promo performance she just SLAYED. There was no stopping her.

Just perfection.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am

Such a great album with great singles, all in all such a good era.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Erotica wrote:Such a great album with great singles, all in all such a good era.
Only negative is how short an era it was.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:06 pm

It's weird because it was a quite short era (specially compared to her previous eras) yet still felt like there was so much, documentaries, promo and performances everywhere, hundreds of interviews and TV specials, few but long lasting singles, commercials, European tour (unlike the DWAD tour which didn't have a European leg), DVD with bonus exclusive tracks, lots of nominations and awards (even a Grammy win), etc.

Also I low-key associate the "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" release and it's couple singles as part of the ITZ era, even though it really and technically isn't part of ITZ it still felt like a closing chapter of the ITZ period for some reason, in fact they were somehow interconnected since "I've Just Begun (Having My Fun)" included on GH:MP was actually and originally released with the "In The Zone" DVD. Not to mention that the bonus disc of the GH:MP limited edition heavily relied on ITZ remixes (including "Breathe On Me") while the GH:MP DVD included footage of the "Outrageous" music video.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm

To some extent I would even say the ITZ era extends to "Chaotic". The "Chaotic" DVD besides showing Spears & Kevin relationship also chronicles and documents her preparation, backstage moments and performance of her "Onyx Hotel Tour" and the title track of the EP ("Chaotic") is an ITZ song too.

A majority of the footage was originally shot for Spears' own reality series to document the European leg of The Onyx Hotel Tour in the spring of 2004. Spears fell and injured her left knee during the shooting of the music video for "Outrageous", causing the remainder of the tour and the series to be cancelled.
Despite this, all the tour footage shot was still used and present in the "Chaotic" show and DVD. That was the closest we got from a professional release of something involving the "Onyx Hotel Tour".
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm late to the fifteenth anniversary party, but I've been spinning this after revisiting Britney's catalogue during the past week. Blackout remains her peak, but In the Zone is always a close second; such an inspired record with off the wall productions. It was innovative for its time but its production remains fresh and timeless.
Yoshie
Legend

Return to The Retro