Kelly Clarkson - Sober

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:52 pm

To me this is probably her most underrated song. It showcases her voice perfectly. It's a Shane Rca wouldn't release and promote it.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby Guru » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:46 pm

You don’t want to know how much you’ve made my day or week or month or even year.
This song was a screaming fall or winter hit for her. The album may not have been what her label wanted but this song was aligned to what they’d want out of her; a commercial hit :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Yoshie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 pm

A flawless song taken from her strongest record. This should have been massive; it's absolutely criminal that this is the hit that never was.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:05 am

For me, it was one of the few digestible songs when I first played My December. As the rest of the album grew on me, this managed to retain all of the beauty that made it an early favourite. The bridge is so overwhelming. :cry:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby chrguy66 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:30 am

Thank you soooooo much! This song and album as a whole has always been underrated and deserved so much better. Brilliant and beautiful. Will always be miffed this never got a fair shot.
chrguy66
Roadie

Postby Guru » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:05 am

I a,ways pictured a video where she was walking along the side of a small street that had small coffee shops and tables outside and it’s snowing (and she has a red hoodie on) :oops:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Guru wrote:I a,ways pictured a video where she was walking along the side of a small street that had small coffee shops and tables outside and it’s snowing (and she has a red hoodie on) :oops:
Haha I always picture music videos for songs. It's how I try and fall asleep at night.

Nice to see so much support for the song tbh
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby thankfulforkelly » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:58 pm

I adore this song and it’s definitely one of Kelly’s best, but it has zero hit potential. At least it’s become a real fan favourite, always her most requested song for the fan request section of her tours.
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby BehindBreakaway » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:I adore this song and it’s definitely one of Kelly’s best, but it has zero hit potential. At least it’s become a real fan favourite, always her most requested song for the fan request section of her tours.
I disagree. Some of her biggest hits have been ballads. I don't see why this would be any different.
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby mattsky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
mattsky
Superstar

Return to The Retro