"Truth Hurts"
"Simple Things"
"Bad Girl"
"Can U Handle It"
"Do It to Me"
"Take Your Hand"
"Sweet Lies"
"Follow Me"

No doubt this album will sell. especially now Yeah! is #1 at the billboard. can't wait for this album 8-) hopefully it'll do well here in europe too.

"Yeah!," Usher's collaboration with Lil Jon and Ludacris, wasn't intended to be a proper single from his upcoming album, Confessions. Released to street DJs and mixtapes, the song was just meant to tease the appetites of Usher fans who've waited three years for the singer's fifth studio disc.

But quickly the appreciation for that song has grown -- in the clubs, on the radio and in the streets. "It just sort of happened," Usher said recently. "You know, you get Lil Jon on a record -- that's crazy. Ludacris? Bring him in. It's lights out, man."

"Yeah!" could be called the first consciously styled "crunk R&B" record. It's an ode both to the distinct grind of Southern rap beats and Usher's own signature soul croon. Even though Usher doesn't want to be known as a hip-hop artist ("Strictly R&B — we're bringin' it back," he boasted), he thinks he could be onto something with this mash-up of genres. "I think you're going to get more R&B/crunk records," he said. "I'm happy that I could be the one to kick it off."

Usher titled his album Confessions because he feels it's his most personal yet. He wrote more songs on this one than on any previous album. "All of us have our Pandora's boxes or skeletons in our closets," he explained. "I let a few of them out, you know. I've got a lot to say. I've got a lot of things and stuff built in me that I just want to let go of."

He was expressing the same sentiment back when he was in the studio, and now Usher has the songs to prove it. On the track "Confessions II," he sings, "Got me talking to myself asking how am I going to tell you/ 'Bout the call I got from the girl/ That I was creepin' with, creepin' with/ Says she's three months pregnant and she's keepin' it."

"It wasn't a specific situation that happened in my life right now," he elaborated. "In other words, I wasn't in a relationship and got another girl pregnant -- right now. But it is something I can relate to and it's something that has happened to me in the past. As I said, I have a few deep, dark ones that I've kept stowed away in a closet for a minute."

A window into his inner thoughts is also there on "Burn," a song about breakups and letting relationships flame out. Said Usher, "It's unfortunate when you have to let a situation go because it's not working. Although you may want to stay, you've got to let it burn."

His explanation has added resonance, since he just broke up with longtime girlfriend Chilli from TLC. "Yeah, I’m single," he smiled, sheepishly. "We're still friends. It's just something that happens in life."

Usher recruited a number of producers to work on Confessions, which drops March 30. Jermaine Dupri, the Neptunes, and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have all written songs with him. Other producers include Vidal and Dre, Lil Jon and Rich Harrison.
honeystacia
Manager

Postby Boogie_2nite » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:06 pm

I quite like Usher and his last album was good.
Some of the titles sound cool :D
*Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*
Boogie_2nite
Superstar

Postby child_destinys » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:19 pm

I heard some of Burn which is about Chilli - its a nice song. I think im gonna get this album - I love Yeah 8-)
You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...
child_destinys
Legend

Postby S4BUK » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:44 pm

8701 was a fantastic album, I'm looking forward to getting this.
S4BUK
Manager

Postby BronxBadBoi » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:38 pm

I hated "Yeah" at first but the damn song grew on me. The video is cool also.
Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
2. Ugly Betty
3. Six Degrees
BronxBadBoi
Superstar

Postby aaliyah_fan » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:44 pm

BronxBadBoi wrote:I hated "Yeah" at first but the damn song grew on me. The video is cool also.
That's exactly how I feel!I've heard some tracks off Confessions and some of them are very HOT.A lot of them are definately for the original Usher fans,with that authentic 90's R&B vibe going on :D
"It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby Hype » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:32 pm

CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby honeystacia » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:09 pm

:-? dont like the cover that much. his nose looks big and he's fully dressed :o :lol:
honeystacia
Manager

Postby Hype » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:04 pm

honeystacia wrote::-? dont like the cover that much. his nose looks big and he's fully dressed :o :lol:
i agree, i was hoping for some super sexy body shot again like 8701...
Hype
Legend

Postby gaz_uk » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:25 pm

Ooh, I wanted to get that album. When is it out in stores? I absolutely love "Yeah" - I actually heard that for the first time when I was in a Skechers store in Paris on my sociology trip last week, but didn't realise it was him until I saw the video a few days ago.
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby child_destinys » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:54 pm

I was just on NiveaFAN and in the music section there was a track called ATL - I thought it was a new Nivea song but its not really, she sings on it with Bone Crusher and Pastor Troy - but it's over the Yeah music - I like it. You can get it here:

http://niveafan.com/html/music.html
child_destinys
Legend

Postby Lili » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:09 pm

I really dislike 'Yeah' right now...kinda disappointing cuz I <3 Usher.
I laugh more than I cry
You piss me off, good-bye
Lili
Manager

Postby San » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:23 pm

BronxBadBoi wrote:I hated "Yeah" at first but the damn song grew on me.
The same happened with me, but I still think it's not that good of a song :lol: .
San
Manager

Postby Lynx » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:21 pm

BronxBadBoi wrote:I hated "Yeah" at first but the damn song grew on me. The video is cool also.
Right on, Homez!

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah! 8-)
Gotta hold on to..New Sensation...A New Sensation.
Lynx
Manager

Postby child_destinys » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:53 pm

Burn is great - you can get the full thing here:

http://www.cybertlcworld.net/Audio/burn.mp3

It has an annoying "Brought to you by CyberTLC" thing occsiaonlly, but still. Its got a U Got It Bad vibe to it - love it 8-)
child_destinys
Legend

Postby TRX » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:31 pm

I still haven't got his first album, grr. I went into hmv and they had sold out so I was gutted :cry:
TRX
Manager

Postby neoxphuse » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:11 am

Burn is absolutely fantastic, Usher style. Revamped, and stepping it up another step with that song.
neoxphuse
Groupie

Postby Hype » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:34 am

i hate songs with talky bits in..except alicia's u dont know my name..otherwise its a great song!
Hype
Legend

Postby crazyman324 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:11 pm

Yeah=my fave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! badabadada im lovin it!lol
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby honeystacia » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:49 pm

so burn is the 2nd single. it entered billboad hot 100 at 65 as the Hot Shot Debut 8-)
honeystacia
Manager

Postby crazyman324 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:06 pm

honeystacia wrote:so burn is the 2nd single. it entered billboad hot 100 at 65 as the Hot Shot Debut 8-)
cool!!! i just downloaded burn, and i think it is a wicked tune!!!!
saw usher on TRL yesterday and i personally find him a bit annoying, yet still cool. :-?

i found it funny when he said t"here are a lot of beautiful women here today" and there was a really ugly cow at the front :lol:
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby Sticky_Nicky » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:49 pm

From the new album "Confessions" I have heard on a promo, Seduction, Truth Hurts, Simple Things, Burn and Yeah.

Seduction is a real nice slooow groove easy listening.

Truth hurts is a beat more of an upbeat. The production on this is wicked. Its a real cool laid back track and usher flows over the beat so smoothly.

Simple things is a similar track to the previous. It is a bit more focused on Usher's vocals though. It reminds me of a Michael Jackson track because the hook is very similar to an MJ style.

Burn is quite a personal track and there is a lot of emotion in Usher's voice and also the track itself; the guitar is very prevailant and brings a lot of emoition with it. Usher's flow on this track reminds me of bone thugs and harmony, the way he speeds up and slows down and changes tone frequently is very similar.

Then Yeah as everyone must have heard by now is by far my favourite being a massiv Lil Jon fan myself. Its a club banger, sure to be around for ages.

I have no doubt r'n'b/usher fans will enjoy the album.
Love handles?! Gym'll fix it!
Sticky_Nicky
Groupie

Postby honeystacia » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:52 pm

i'm buying it :o this will be the first usher album, but theres a 1st time for everything 8-) and does anyone know the real tracklist seeing as the one i posted doesn't have Seduction :-?
honeystacia
Manager

Postby LostAvenger » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:54 pm

Surprised you don't have My Way & 8701! :o
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby honeystacia » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:10 pm

my sister got 8701 so i just borrowd it. (think i still have it here somewhere :-? ) and i really don't know why I don't have my way. i remember almost buying some special edition, but didn't have enough money. i should get that album someday :lol:
honeystacia
Manager

Return to The Retro