Usher - Confessions

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Guru » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Legendary album 8-)
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Seven years later and it's gone diamond. 8-)
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:06 pm

A great contemporary R&B record. Shame "Bad Girl" was never released as a single.
abi
Legend

Postby sanim02 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm

abi wrote:A great contemporary R&B record. Shame "Bad Girl" was never released as a single.
Or Throwback and Red Light. I think it could've survived another year throughout 2005 if he released these 3 songs as singles. Would've made him being M.I.A. till Here I Stand a little more bearable ha! I mean if Katy Perry can do it.. :P
sanim02
Personal Assistant

Postby abi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 pm

^I've never liked those two, though both are definitely better than "Caught Up". Or "Follow Me" - love that song too!
abi
Legend

Postby Play » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Caught Up was my jam back in the day! 8-)
Play
Legend

Postby RamsayK » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Goldmoney wrote:Seven years later and it's gone diamond. 8-)
:D Diamond it deserves! Ahhhh
RamsayK
Personal Assistant

Postby Noahh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 pm

preyan wrote:Legendary album 8-)
Noahh
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:07 pm

emilhot wrote:This thread died after the 1 million debut in America! :o :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If this was released today with those monster sales, the thread would have an additional five hundred pages by now!
GetBack
Legend

Postby RaFanatic » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 pm

This is one of the first album i bought :) Still great!
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Listening to this album now and nostalgia can be a beyatch! RnB was on its way to its peak! Every single song on this album is single material to me! A well deserved 10 million records in the US alone! Now that's history right there!!! 8-)

And the DVD to this era is amazing! The live concert :P :P :P
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Weird how I never commented on this thread at the time... from memory, I wrote a review for "Confessions" which was published on this site.

...Anyways. I love this album. My least favourite part of the record is "Yeah!" but thats because its so disjointed from the rest of the album. But soooo many good tunes on this - "Superstar", "Bad Girl", "Simple Things", "Truth Hurts", "Do It To Me"... all classic.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby ludichris » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:23 pm

preyan wrote:Every single song on this album is single material to me!
To me the last part of the album is pure fillerville apart from Do It To Me. :lol: It's like the male version of Never Say Never, he had it going on until a point and then the fillers came and spoiled it for me. I prefer the more mature and varied Here I Stand.
ludichris
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Even My Way and 8701 were better albums actually! The strength of this album relied on the brilliant singles and the fact that R&B was at its peak when this was released.
GetBack
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm

This was his best album to me by far. A pure R&B classic. Even though it has a couple of fillers.

Usher doesn't have any flawless albums unfortunately. :-?
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby abi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 am

One of the best contemporary R&B albums of all time. "Yeah" however, is sooooo overrated. Some standout non-singles including "Follow Me", "Take Your Hand", "Confessions Part I" and of course the should've-been-released "Bad Girl".

Funny this thread being bumped because actually I just discovered one track from JT's The 20/20 Experience ("Spaceship Coupe") that really reminds me of this album.
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:01 am

abi wrote:One of the best contemporary R&B albums of all time. "Yeah" however, is sooooo overrated. Some standout non-singles including "Follow Me", "Take Your Hand", "Confessions Part I" and of course the should've-been-released "Bad Girl".

Funny this thread being bumped because actually I just discovered one track from JT's The 20/20 Experience ("Spaceship Coupe") that really reminds me of this album.
You need to see and hear Yeah! in a club to know it's real effect and popularity! Even the fat chicks come out :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby abi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 am

preyan wrote:
abi wrote:One of the best contemporary R&B albums of all time. "Yeah" however, is sooooo overrated. Some standout non-singles including "Follow Me", "Take Your Hand", "Confessions Part I" and of course the should've-been-released "Bad Girl".

You need to see and hear Yeah! in a club to know it's real effect and popularity! Even the fat chicks come out :lol:
Looool people in the club will go crazy to everything no matter how bad the song is. Like a few years ago my friends went crazy in a club. What they were hearing: some amazing song that made them wanna dance. What I was hearing: noise. That's it. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:11 am

abi wrote:
preyan wrote:

Looool people in the club will go crazy to everything no matter how bad the song is. Like a few years ago my friends went crazy in a club. What they were hearing: some amazing song that made them wanna dance. What I was hearing: noise. That's it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think you're getting old abi :oops:
This song is 9yrs old. Not many songs from then and prior have this same effect. Not even Beats By Dre's have the same effect in my bedroom...tried it :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby Affillate » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:23 am

Yeah! is such a party smasher. Listening to a few of the album tracks, funny theres a bit of a block of 3 slow R&B 'Lets do it' jams in Thats What Its Made For, Can You Handle It and Do It To Me there in the mid-latter end of the album.
Affillate
Manager

Postby Guru » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Well deserved diamond status :)
Guru
Guru

Postby toni_pest » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 am

Ugh, all of the singles from this were overplayed to the max. Hated them all except Yeah!, My Boo was the worst.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Plym » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:29 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:Usher doesn't have any flawless albums unfortunately. :-?
he could have if he just trimmed the filler!
get rid of a few tracks off 8701, confessions and here i stand and theyd be perfect!
Plym
Take Care

Postby intosoul » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:56 am

It took me ten years to get into Yeah! but now... what a great song!

Should I check out this album now? :oops:
intosoul
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:44 am

It was great during the time, it's not really his best album.
GetBack
Legend

Return to The Retro