Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Toadallstar2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 am

johnny_d wrote:
pcdm3 wrote:
GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) is one of her best "hidden" songs...!
+1! I lost my shizz when I first watched 'Braidsmaids' and this was played during the airport scene :lol:
Omg me too! It was the perfect song for it. I was delighted that the film was such a hit that millions of people got to hear that amazing song! Love Britney. <3
hahah me too, I was going nuts. Made the song even more incredible than it already is. :lol:
Toadallstar2
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:11 am

Toadallstar2 wrote:
johnny_d wrote:
pcdm3 wrote:
GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) is one of her best "hidden" songs...!
+1! I lost my shizz when I first watched 'Braidsmaids' and this was played during the airport scene :lol:
Omg me too! It was the perfect song for it. I was delighted that the film was such a hit that millions of people got to hear that amazing song! Love Britney. <3
hahah me too, I was going nuts. Made the song even more incredible than it already is. :lol:
One of her best songs ever!!!

"I came here to have a good time, I just wanna be myself..."
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Dino » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

menime123 wrote:An absolute brilliant GH. Everything up until this point was just pop gold: brilliant songs, amazing videos and an unashamed attempt for super stardom. In many ways, it's the modern version of Madonna's TIC - pop perfection from start to finish. I can't think of anyone with a discography since that could match it in terms of perfection.
Whitney Houston greatest hits could clearly match britneys and geaorge michael.
Last edited by Dino on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dino
Manager

Postby Dino » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 pm

nickf1 wrote:
Dino wrote:
pollei wrote:
nickf1 wrote:
pollei wrote:
MT1788 wrote:2 things. Is it me or is every Britney topic making a comeback after "Gimme More". And since the album stayed 100 weeks in the top 200 how much has it sold to date and it's certifcation so far??
Triple platinum. Over 900,000 :)

Finally I found this thread :) The best greatest hits of the 00's.
EVER imo. :)
okay. EVER :P
Erhm so yall just gonna act as if Whitney Greatest hits album didnt happen in 2000??
as I said IMO.
Well IMO Whitney greatest hits beats britney's and so does Geaorge michaels greatest hits. Those 2 were the greatest of the 00's.
Dino
Manager

Postby Dino » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:46 pm

snwbrder757 wrote:Shania's, Garth's, and Britney's were the best GH's of the 00's.
what about whitney houston, george michael??
Dino
Manager

Postby JimJim » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Dino, did you really just have to post the same thing three times? Copy & paste and the edit button could be your new best friends.

SCHoli wrote:
JimJim wrote:This is really a fantastic compilation and a perfect example of how to do a 'Greatest Hits' era right!
Well, she did no promo for this at all! Not even one performance! So I wouldn't call that era perfect! 8-)
Oh, I guess I was looking at it more from an Australian perspective at the time (she very rarely would visit us anyway). It had:
- New tracks
- Produced new hit singles
- Had a great tracklist
- Contained enough hits to justify its existence

That's all I could ever want from a GH era :lol:
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby GetBack » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:53 pm

The cover of this album is really fierce! 8-) 8-)

By the way, "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart" should have replaced "Outrageous".
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:59 pm

The person in the cover doesn't even look like a real person tho, I mean that anatomy :roll: . . . . the design / idea was cool, but the artificial / fake body was a turn off. Just because of that don't like the cover much.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 pm

MrLeonix wrote:The person in the cover doesn't even look like a real person tho, I mean that anatomy :roll: . . . . the design / idea was cool, but the artificial / fake body was a turn off. Just because of that don't like the cover much.
Each to their own but I loved the cover. Fake or not :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 pm

preyan wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:The person in the cover doesn't even look like a real person tho, I mean that anatomy :roll: . . . . the design / idea was cool, but the artificial / fake body was a turn off. Just because of that don't like the cover much.
Well aesthetically it is a nice cover.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Noahh » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:28 pm

I have always loved the cover for this album. I mean, damn look at her!

As a male teen back then, you just could not NOT like that cover.

*or look at it without getting "excited"* :lol:
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby alxx » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Definitely one of my favourite GH album's though looking back her body on the cover is hilarious :lol:
Do Something and Just Begun are too of my favourite Britney tracks and the Chris Cox megamix is legendary.
alxx
Legend

Postby Brunosbabe » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:43 pm

preyan wrote:Each to their own but I loved the cover. Fake or not :lol:
Me, too, I like it a lot! And I like when I pull that CD out seeing it and being amazed again :)
Anyway, a great GH album, it contained every song I knew from her (I only know 3 albums), it made a nice compilation. Outrageous still slays!
Wish we got the video then :(
DANITY KANE
Brunosbabe
Personal Assistant

Postby mattsky » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:49 pm

preyan wrote:
Me too it's her best one IMO :D
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Westen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:47 pm

I always hated that cover, it doesn;t look real to me
Westen
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 pm

I actually really like the cover, but partially 'cause the limited edition version of the album is really shiny and glossy; those that have it will know what I'm talking about. :lol: It's better than the covers for all of her studio albums.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Yoshie wrote:I actually really like the cover, but partially 'cause the limited edition version of the album is really shiny and glossy; those that have it will know what I'm talking about.
That version is stunning!!

Her best cover to me is just a simple cover between the International (White) version of "Baby one more time" or "In the zone".

Both "Britney" and "My prerogative" covers are overrated and both "Blackout" and "Femme Fatale covers" are underrated.

"Circus" or "Baby one more time" US (Pink) version may be my least favorite cover from a studio album by her, although "B in the mix Vol 2" is her ultimate worst cover of any of her releases. :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I actually would go as far as saying the cover for Blackout is my favourite one of her studio albums. :lol: The design works well when you also consider the back cover and booklet; it looks appropriate as a whole package. Still, I would have opted for a different cover. I always thought that this shoot is stunning: http://britneynorge.com/wp-content/uplo ... kout-4.jpg

The European cover of ...Baby is much nicer than the American one!
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:21 pm

alxx wrote: the Chris Cox megamix is legendary.
My God yes! Easily my favourite megamix ever!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby GetBack » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:03 pm

This would have sold so much more had Jive required her to tour for this era, just imagine a greatest hits tour of Britney in 2004-2005.
GetBack
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:36 am

GetBack wrote:This would have sold so much more had Jive required her to tour for this era, just imagine a greatest hits tour of Britney in 2004-2005.
Some promotion would've been enough. I remember she was rumored to open the 2004 VMAs with My Prerogative. The album could've easily sold 4 million in the US and 10+ million worldwide if she promoted it.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Instinct » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:50 am

The album still sold extremely well though, especially in Asia and Europe. But I agree that she should have promoted it. It would've easily hit 2x Platinum in the US.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Guru » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:29 am

Is the long version of the mega is available on iTunes? :-?
This only has the short version. I think the long version was released on CD Single :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Ivica » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:47 am

Long version exist? lol
Ivica
Legend

Return to The Retro