1. Ray of Light
2. Confessions on A Dancefloor
3. Music

:D
MJH
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sat May 17, 2014 1:07 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
nekoo3372 wrote:Forbidden Love would be great 4th single, instead of awful Jump - the worst song on whole album
"Jump" is neither awful or the worst song on the album IMO. Plus there's not really a song in that album that can qualify as "Awful", the entire album is a gem from its best track to its weakest one.
Push and I Love NY are beyond awful
spiritboy
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 pm

spiritboy wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
nekoo3372 wrote:Forbidden Love would be great 4th single, instead of awful Jump - the worst song on whole album
"Jump" is neither awful or the worst song on the album IMO. Plus there's not really a song in that album that can qualify as "Awful", the entire album is a gem from its best track to its weakest one.
Push and I Love NY are beyond awful
Jump sounded fresh and hip at its time, what was worrying was its weird video production, madonna was just swinging around the pipes with that weird wig and dancers scenes from the outdoor shots simply merged into it in a nonsense way lol even the cheap-produced video of Get Together was more creative lol (speaking of Get Together, i still love that track to pieces! Such underrated gem)
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sat May 17, 2014 3:36 pm

oaknuys wrote:(speaking of Get Together, i still love that track to pieces! Such underrated gem)
"Get together" is the best song on "Confessions on a dancefloor" , and IMO its not underrated, It is the only Grammy nominated song of the album as it deserved 8-)

Chart-wise it didn't do that good, but I think everyone can appreciate its quality.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
oaknuys wrote:(speaking of Get Together, i still love that track to pieces! Such underrated gem)
"Get together" is the best song on "Confessions on a dancefloor" , and IMO its not underrated, It is the only Grammy nominated song of the album as it deserved 8-)

Chart-wise it didn't do that good, but I think everyone can appreciate its quality.
Glad that u liked it as well, i feel in love with it instantly and it became my favorite release off the COAD, eventhough HU and S were both really amazing, GT was even better.

Yup, i was referring to its low sales, sad to see it didnt do better commercially.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby larces » Sat May 17, 2014 6:46 pm

'Get Together' is my fave Madonna song. The production is out of this world, especially at 3:38 8-)

I would say the weakest track is either 'Future Lover' or 'I Love New York'. I just cannot get into them :-? The rest is flawless though.
larces
Legend

Postby grooveboy » Sat May 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Yasss, y'all better stan for "Get Together"

That song deserved so much better video :(
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby clayton75 » Sun May 18, 2014 2:33 am

I love both Get Together and Jump. They are my go-to songs on this album. I think Jump was the most accessible song on the album and i love the lyrics/message. I Love New York and Push are both sonically great, but some of the lyrics and their choruses make them my least favorite songs on the album.

Overall COADF is a very strong showing in her discography. It's very unified in the same way that ROL and Erotica are - there's a sonic flow to it that really works and it seems very inspired in every way.
clayton75
Manager

Postby GaGarazzi » Sun May 18, 2014 4:08 am

Love all the single releases from this album and Isaac would have to be my favourite album track. I would love her next effort to be at this quality.
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby luckyONE » Sat May 21, 2016 8:38 pm

The first compact disc that I have ever bought.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDaLkHiL4QH ... ecting.cds

I was 11 and tried to convince everyone to become a Madonna fan. Kinda embarassing when you look back, but whatever (eventually my sister became a fan too and begged me to take her with me to the RH Tour 2015!). 8-)

I remember going downstairs to my mom and showing the CD and saying "that's what i bought today!" and she said "and that's what you like??" :lol: :lol: ooh, if we only knew!

Love this record!

Hung Up
Forbidden Love
Like It Or Not

are my favorite tracks!

larces wrote:I would say the weakest track is either 'Future Lover' [...]
mine, too. never got into it. the opening @ CT is great, but the song itself is kinda zzzzzzz
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Future Lovers the weakest track? Are you pissing me? :lol:

Push is clearly the weakest, but there's not a bad song here 8-)
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Sat May 21, 2016 9:49 pm

for me Future Lovers is the weakest track too, but I love all songs. The album and the era is perfect, everything about it
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm

Erotica wrote:for me Future Lovers is the weakest track too, but I love all songs. The album and the era is perfect, everything about it
Really? Future lovers? It's perfect
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 am

Shouldn't this be in the retro section now? :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 am

I can't believe this only had 12 pages! :o :o :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Sun May 22, 2016 12:27 am

GetBack wrote:I can't believe this only had 12 pages! :o :o :lol: :lol:
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby MrDiva » Sun May 22, 2016 12:27 am

MusicRecords wrote:Shouldn't this be in the dance section now? :lol:
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 pm

'Like It Or Not' is one of her finest album tracks.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby hellohello » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

This is a great album but I wouldn't put it as among her best albums. I like that the songs flow well together and compliment each other but I do get tired of this quickly.

Best songs are:

Forbidden Love
Future Lovers
Get Together

Worst:

I Love New York
Push
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 pm

As of 2017, my current favorite song on "Confessions" and the one I consider the best from it is "Let it will be".
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 am

"I Love New York" is the only annoying song here, that should have been in messy albums like Rebel Heart or MDNA.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 pm

^ I think "I love New York" only flaw is the lyrics, but the production is still superb. I don't really dislike any song on "Confessions" it was such a strong and powerful record.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby RockTheBoat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:31 am

The lyrics to I Love New York are a bit cringeworthy, but I agree the production to the song is great and I think it captures the vibe and the chaos of NYC perfectly.
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:33 pm

MrLeonix wrote: I don't really dislike any song on "Confessions" it was such a strong and powerful record.
It really was and I can't believe it's almost 12 years ago. She'd argue that it wasn't (and it wasn't in the traditional sense), but for all intent and purpose it was a comeback of sorts: a return to major popularity.

If only she could pull it off again.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 am

Now I can see things for what they really are
I guess I'm not that far
I'm at the point of no return
Just watch me burn

E P I C
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Return to The Retro