Madonna - Confessions On A Dancefloor

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby GetBack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 am

My only complaint about this era is that "Get Together" got such a low key release. It should have been the second single too, it's just one of Madonna's strongest records ever.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MusicLover88 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Sorry is such a bop
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Her last masterpiece.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:53 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:Her last masterpiece.
You're so right. She's had some great tunes since Confessions but it was her last brilliant album. Absolutely no fillers. 5/5.
Happiness ain't prison, but there's freedom in a broken heart
mattsky
Superstar

Postby hellohello » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 pm

I think that American Life was her last artistic masterpiece. Confessions was just really really good imo.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:11 am

hellohello wrote:I think that American Life was her last artistic masterpiece. Confessions was just really really good imo.
I slightly disagree. COADF is severely underestimated purely because it came after the holy trio of albums. But it's strength is its perceived simplicity... when it's just as complete and complex as the three that came before it imo.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MusicLover88 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:07 pm

God this era was perfect.

She was everywhere, absolutely everywhere. I remember 13 year olds jamming to Hung Up.
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby Westen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 pm

MusicLover88 wrote:God this era was perfect.

She was everywhere, absolutely everywhere. I remember 13 year olds jamming to Hung Up.
Shame she killed it with GT video, it killed the hype. Era could've been much bigger/better. Promo ended by the time album was released (+ Grammys in Feb 2006)

5th single in Q4 2006 could've pushed album top 2xP in US
Westen
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 am

MusicLover88 wrote:God this era was perfect.

I remember the sheer unbearable anticipation before her EMA performance. What a great era!
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:14 am

This has to stand amongst one the best dance albums ever recorded by a female. I like how everything was so R&B-oriented at the time and USA dominated yet Madonna came with a totally different sound of what was on the charts. She paved the way for the sound shift we saw in the upcoming years.
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Grybop » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:39 am

GetBack wrote:My only complaint about this era is that "Get Together" got such a low key release. It should have been the second single too, it's just one of Madonna's strongest records ever.
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby LotsOfLove » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:53 pm

GetBack wrote:My only complaint about this era is that "Get Together" got such a low key release. It should have been the second single too, it's just one of Madonna's strongest records ever.
THIS!

Get Together is such a perfect song. That production is everything.

I think singles should have been like this :

Hung Up - Get Together - Sorry - Let it will be ( and then if they wanted to continue with a fifth single : Like it or not)
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby hellohello » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:51 pm

"Get Together" should of had a much better video.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby RayRay » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:19 pm

I love this album so much. Only didn't like it was sequenced together.
Nowadays I usually listen to the separate tracks otherwise it sounds weird when it suddenly stops before the song has really ended.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:26 pm

This album should be cherished more!
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby RockTheBoat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:23 am

hellohello wrote:"Get Together" should of had a much better video.
Agreed. Considering she was performing it during album promotion around the time of Hung Up, and with the response it got, it deserved a much better video. Such a shame the videos went so downhill after Sorry for this era...
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:15 am

She was busy on tour that's why the video is cheap!
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:54 pm

I can't believe this record is almost 12 years old.

There's a lot of inspiration and creativity on this album, both musically and lyrically. The production is glorious and Stuart Price did a wonderful job with it. The continuous mix is fantastic, but it's always interesting for me to hear the unmixed version of the record too. I do think it's overrated and it's by no means among my favourite Madonna albums, although I will be spinning this in the following days to celebrate its anniversary.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Yoshie wrote:I can't believe this record is almost 12 years old.

There's a lot of inspiration and creativity on this album, both musically and lyrically. The production is glorious and Stuart Price did a wonderful job with it. The continuous mix is fantastic, but it's always interesting for me to hear the unmixed version of the record too. I do think it's overrated and it's by no means among my favourite Madonna albums, although I will be spinning this in the following days to celebrate its anniversary.
It’s funny, but I alway gravitate towards COADF this time of year - I know it was released in November, but it is such a great album for the period between the end of summer and Christmas... I can’t believe it’s 12 years old. In many ways, she’s never been quite as big a star since.

Hung Up is still a bloody good song, but the real masterpieces for me are Get Together, Future Lovers and Like It or Not.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Yoshie wrote:I can't believe this record is almost 12 years old.

I have both versions of the album. The only time I listen to the mixed version is when I want to hear the whole thing. But for playlists and single plays, I need the separate songs. i love listening to it on vinyl from time to time.

This album still sounds great to me - reminds me of seeing her perform at Coachella that spring. And certain songs have very prominent memories attached.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Westen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 pm

This reason why this may be my favorite album by her even tho i think ROL is better, and even Music and Erotica, is because it's such a fun to listen to it, it's her easiest album to listen to, i can play it every single day and i won't get bored. Production is simply amazing.

It's like updated version of her debut.

Like someone said this album so winter-ish for me, i have tradition for 10 years ow, i play it most during winter time and it's always the last album i listen in a year on 31st December :lol:
Westen
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:18 pm

I only really listen to Spotify nowadays and whilst both mixed and unmixed versions are on there, it’s rare I listen to the mixed version. I was listening to COADF today actually, and when HU ended I wished I was listening to the mixed version.

I also listen to Confessions Remixed from time to time too, which is a bloody good remix album of this album. Stuart did well, she definitely got her money worth when she worked with him :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Does the vinyl use the unmixed version of the album? I'd imagine so because to have the continuous mix suddenly cut off in between changing discs would be a disadvantage.

The right singles were selected from this album, although I think Forbidden Love, which has always been one of my favourites -- possibly my second favourite song behind Isaac -- was single worthy as well, and would've made an appropriate fifth single.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 pm

I wanted Forbidden love as single too
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Erotica wrote:I wanted Forbidden love as single too
+1

I used to listen to the remixed versions a lot as those were the only versions released on CD.

But nowadays I listen via Spotify and I choose the unmixed versions as I never listen to the album from start to finish anymore.
RayRay
Superstar

Return to The Retro