Beyoncé ft Slim Thug - Check On It

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby neyo1fan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:46 pm

GNVilla wrote:I cant believe a terrible song like Check On It has 11 pages of posts talkin about it.
I'm smellin a HATER alert wit Mr. GNeeUs..LOL
User avatar
neyo1fan
Groupie
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006

Postby Taylor23 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 am

Thriller wrote:This is brilliant, loving the chorus, it's down for release on January 16th and will hopefully be a big hit for Beyoncé's comeback 8-)
I know tastes and opinions are different and so is mine but how can this track be "brilliant"?

For my feeling this song is totally overrated. It's one of the most boring chorusses I've ever heard, especially as it offers no real melodic arrangement and the lyrics are very boring. And the vocal variations of Beyonce are quite awful.

Slim Thug makes it even worse...
User avatar
Taylor23
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Location: Germany

Postby mykka » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Ok i changed my mind. Kelly does sing on it.
User avatar
mykka
Legend
 
Posts: 21009
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004
Location: Earth

Postby BronxBadBoi » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 pm

She had a #1 movie and #1 song at same time....Beyonce doing it big...even I have no interest in her movie or song but she doing it big.
Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
2. Ugly Betty
3. Six Degrees
User avatar
BronxBadBoi
Superstar
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002

Postby neyo1fan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Ye she is doing IT BIG..."Check On It" been #1 (4 weeks) on the Hot 100...and #1 (5 weeks) on VH1 countdown..and has peaked at #7 both on TRL, and 106 & Park..the movie opened making over 21.7 million in its first week..at #1...BEYONCE is the first to do this :)
User avatar
neyo1fan
Groupie
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006

Postby LetMeLoveU » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:08 pm

neyo1fan wrote:Ye she is doing IT BIG..."Check On It" been #1 (4 weeks) on the Hot 100...and #1 (5 weeks) on VH1 countdown..and has peaked at #7 both on TRL, and 106 & Park..the movie opened making over 21.7 million in its first week..at #1...BEYONCE is the first to do this :)
Jennifer Lopez had an album #1 and a movie #1 a the same time!!!
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
User avatar
LetMeLoveU
Superstar
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005
Location: the big blue ball next to the moon

Postby ronie_ponie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 am

I know this is reali random but if anybodi knoes can they lz tekll me tha sunglasses that Slim Thug wears in the Check ON It film clip.. they're so hektikk!!!!
ronie_ponie
Groupie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006

Postby DC34ever » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:49 am

there is a remix from maurice nu_soul and a funkymix of Check on it!Does someone know another remix?
It tastes better with music
www.2live4music.com
User avatar
DC34ever
Legend
 
Posts: 14168
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002
Location: H-Town, Germany

Postby sorcerer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:22 pm

The Swizz Beatz instrumental is very basic and strange but hard to sing on it. No real melody on it.
So Beyonce made a "tour de force" to make a hit with it. That's what talent is about.
Now it becomes a classic, even my girl who is not on R&B love that song !
User avatar
sorcerer
Roadie
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005

Postby ZippaDeeDooDa » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am

DC34ever wrote:there is a remix from maurice nu_soul and a funkymix of Check on it!Does someone know another remix?
There's a hip hop remix by the Bama Boyz also.
Better wake up, little sleepy head
Big old world will pass us by
So many things we could do instead
Get what you want with your lucky eyes
User avatar
ZippaDeeDooDa
Manager
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005
Location: UK

Postby ollie44 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:04 am

ronie_ponie wrote:I know this is reali random but if anybodi knoes can they lz tekll me tha sunglasses that Slim Thug wears in the Check ON It film clip.. they're so hektikk!!!!
I reali dunt no butt tri googul oar sumfing cuz thay mite no!
User avatar
ollie44
Superstar
 
Posts: 5933
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003
Location: Bed, probably!

Postby imissu_aaliyah » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:55 am

ollie44 wrote:
ronie_ponie wrote:I know this is reali random but if anybodi knoes can they lz tekll me tha sunglasses that Slim Thug wears in the Check ON It film clip.. they're so hektikk!!!!
I reali dunt no butt tri googul oar sumfing cuz thay mite no!
LMAO, LMAO I couldn't resist
WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC
User avatar
imissu_aaliyah
Manager
 
Posts: 4601
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004
Location: RIGHT HERE (The Boogie Down)

Postby ronie_ponie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:29 am

If anybodi knows or can find out plz tell me! im desperate to know what they are!
ronie_ponie
Groupie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006

Postby La_Trell » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:39 am

I think the song was made for Destinys Child originally because Kelly kept saying, 'we just did a song with Slim Thug" she kept referring 2 it as 'we' but then all of a sudden, it became Beyonce did a song with slim thug'. anywayz, the other guy confirmed that Ms.Rowland is on the credits so i dont know why pple are still doubting.
La_Trell
Groupie
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005

Postby geminidragon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:09 am

neyo1fan wrote:
GNVilla wrote:I cant believe a terrible song like Check On It has 11 pages of posts talkin about it.
11 pages (make that 12) and counting...thats what u call the power of Beyonce` Knowles!!! :D :D :D YAY!
Faves ATM:
Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
Kat deLuna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)
J. Holiday - Bed
User avatar
geminidragon
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005
Location: Jamaica

Postby Taylor23 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 am

geminidragon wrote:
neyo1fan wrote:
GNVilla wrote:I cant believe a terrible song like Check On It has 11 pages of posts talkin about it.
11 pages (make that 12) and counting...thats what u call the power of Beyonce` Knowles!!! :D :D :D YAY!
I'd rather call it "the power of a misguided taste"... :lol:
Anyway, I know we're all entitled to our opinions.

GNVilla, I'm with u. ;)
User avatar
Taylor23
Groupie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Location: Germany

Postby magkas » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:48 pm

5 weeks number one ;) GO BEYONCE
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I love you
Come back home...
User avatar
magkas
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005
Location: Greece

Postby mykka » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:51 pm

I'd actually like to see James Blunt climb to #1. Its ridiculous that he's selling over 100,000 each week at #1 whilst Beyonce is at #7 with less than half of what he's selling and is still #1.
User avatar
mykka
Legend
 
Posts: 21009
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004
Location: Earth

Postby LetMeLoveU » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:19 pm

mykka wrote:I'd actually like to see James Blunt climb to #1. Its ridiculous that he's selling over 100,000 each week at #1 whilst Beyonce is at #7 with less than half of what he's selling and is still #1.
It is :x
i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!
User avatar
LetMeLoveU
Superstar
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005
Location: the big blue ball next to the moon

Postby La_Trell » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:30 pm

this is 2 much!! 12 nearing 13 pages on one silly song. i hope Blunt takes over next week but honestly theres no song out there dats good enough except for Blunt or Neo.
La_Trell
Groupie
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005

Postby geminidragon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm

Taylor23 wrote:
geminidragon wrote:
neyo1fan wrote:
GNVilla wrote:I cant believe a terrible song like Check On It has 11 pages of posts talkin about it.
11 pages (make that 12) and counting...thats what u call the power of Beyonce` Knowles!!! :D :D :D YAY!
I'd rather call it "the power of a misguided taste"... :lol:
Anyway, I know we're all entitled to our opinions.

GNVilla, I'm with u. ;)
so "we're all entitled to our opinions..." yes, so how y wud u consider sum1's taste misguided...sorry i'm just a bit lost. anyways...its cool. share ur opinions!
Faves ATM:
Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
Kat deLuna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)
J. Holiday - Bed
User avatar
geminidragon
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005
Location: Jamaica

Postby geminidragon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:27 pm

La_Trell wrote:this is 2 much!! 12 nearing 13 pages on one silly song. i hope Blunt takes over next week but honestly theres no song out there dats good enough except for Blunt or Neo.
He will probably take over next week...Beyonce` is gettin much more airplay, thats why she's still at number one :roll: 'I'm Beatiful' is a good song so if Blunt goes to 1 then its all cool!


5 weeks @ number...radio loves Beyonce`! :P
Faves ATM:
Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
Kat deLuna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)
J. Holiday - Bed
User avatar
geminidragon
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005
Location: Jamaica

Postby geminidragon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:38 am

geminidragon wrote:
La_Trell wrote:this is 2 much!! 12 nearing 13 pages on one silly song. i hope Blunt takes over next week but honestly theres no song out there dats good enough except for Blunt or Neo.
He will probably take over next week...Beyonce` is gettin much more airplay, thats why she's still at number one :roll: 'I'm Beatiful' is a good song so if Blunt goes to 1 then its all cool!

5 weeks @ number...radio loves Beyonce`! :P
Yup as predicted... Beyonce has fallen to number two so that means James Blunt is number one. But Sean Paul's Temperature is the greatest airplay gainer, rising 4-3, so that's a hot one than *MIGHT* take over number one soon. It's really gettin a lot of airplay! I was at the studio when his camp heard the news. You know what's funny cause Beyonce' called him and said that she loves the song :D :o
Faves ATM:
Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
Kat deLuna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)
J. Holiday - Bed
User avatar
geminidragon
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005
Location: Jamaica

Postby Hype » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:31 am

Pimp_Juice wrote:
TheSource wrote:
Pimp_Juice wrote:I can clearly hear Michelle on this track as well as Kelly. Beyonce should really make her own songs if she wants to call them a Beyonce track...
LMAO! OK this is really going too far now. Michelle is not on the track.
She is mate, stop being ignorant :x
Oh! for the love of GOD!

It's a beyonce track! NOT Destiny's Child!

Dont you understand? It comes under FALSE ADVERTISING! It's against the law! Stop being stupid. Neither are on it, Its a beyonce track!

Kelly is on the credits as an execuive producer! If someone had cared to look properly! Michelle is there too.

Anyway, I find it strange how the song has done so well, Cos its not as fantastic as Crazy In Love, or Cater 2 U, but everyone adores it!... strange. Still think the other track Woman Like Me woulda done even better!
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
User avatar
Hype
Legend
 
Posts: 12523
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Plym » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:50 pm

Hype wrote:It's against the law!
No, its not lol Even though I don't think Kelly IS on the track, it certainly wouldn't be false advertising if she was!

And you answered your own question here:
Hype wrote:I find it strange how the song has done so well
Hype wrote:everyone adores it!
User avatar
Plym
Take Care
 
Posts: 32370
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005
Location: London

Return to The Retro