Beyoncé ft Slim Thug - Check On It

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Hugo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:38 pm

GetBack wrote:She never sings this song! I am already tired of Deja Vu and Freakum Dress. She should really perform this again in full.
I think she hates this as much as Bootylicious :wink:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Mooriah » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

I like her performance of this on TBE where she pat her weave while chewing on gum. It's so ghetto fabulous I love it :lol:
Emeli | Taylor
Mooriah
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm

hugom2c wrote:
GetBack wrote:She never sings this song! I am already tired of Deja Vu and Freakum Dress. She should really perform this again in full.
I think she hates this as much as Bootylicious :wink:
Really? Her booty-iest choreographies are in both performances/videos! :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Really? But she doesn't perform Déjà Vu in ages!
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
DnBLover
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm

This is one of my favorite Beyonce singles! I love the video and everything. :lol:
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Plym » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:14 am

therealestMC wrote:This is one of my favorite Beyonce singles! I love the video and everything. :lol:
Mine too, I don't know why she hates it!
Plym
Take Care

Postby Guru » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 am

hugom2c wrote:
NothingFails wrote:lol... well, look how well Mariah's cd sold when Beyonce posed on that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mariah does look like Beyoncé on TEOM cover :wink:
Well, she doesn't look like Mariah either on the cover of TEOM :lol:
I dont get why you guys think Bee hates that song? She sung it on all 3 of her live DVD's!!! :-? So surely she cant hate it that much?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby abi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:59 am

I remember watching 'Beyonce Revealed' on E! and she said that she hates this song so much, the lyrics are corny, everything, she never expected the song to be this big.

@preyan yes she did perform it on tour but only the chorus part and she kinda slowed it down.

And no, Beyonce doesn't hate 'Bootylicious', Kelly does. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby RunDevilRun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:17 am

abi wrote:I remember watching 'Beyonce Revealed' on E! and she said that she hates this song so much, the lyrics are corny, everything, she never expected the song to be this big.

@preyan yes she did perform it on tour but only the chorus part and she kinda slowed it down.

Beyoncé has said she hates the word Bootylicious, not the song. I remember her saying that she hates Bug-A-Boo and Check On It, I think it was at MTV TRL some years ago.
I also think she doesn't like Lose My Breath at all.
RunDevilRun
Manager

Postby abi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:34 am

'Bug-A-Boo'? That was my jam!!!!

Oh, that's why she never performed 'Lose My Breath' in ages. It's kinda weird though because during the 'Destiny Fulfilled' interview, the girls explained that they thought 'Lose My Breath' was hot, perfect for a cheer-leader anthem and the drum beat was hot. And now Bey hates it and I don't think Kelly has been performing it lately as well.
abi
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:56 am

:o 'Lose My Breath' was one of my favorite DC singles! Beyonce what is wrong with you honey? :lol:
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby robert989 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 am

abi wrote:'Bug-A-Boo'? That was my jam!!!!

Oh, that's why she never performed 'Lose My Breath' in ages. It's kinda weird though because during the 'Destiny Fulfilled' interview, the girls explained that they thought 'Lose My Breath' was hot, perfect for a cheer-leader anthem and the drum beat was hot. And now Bey hates it and I don't think Kelly has been performing it lately as well.
Where had she said that she hates it? not performing it doesnt mean she hate it :-?
robert989
Superstar

Postby abi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 am

robert989 wrote:Where had she said that she hates it?
the post above me.
abi
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 am

RunDevilRun wrote:
abi wrote:I remember watching 'Beyonce Revealed' on E! and she said that she hates this song so much, the lyrics are corny, everything, she never expected the song to be this big.

Beyoncé has said she hates the word Bootylicious, not the song. I remember her saying that she hates Bug-A-Boo and Check On It, I think it was at MTV TRL some years ago.
I also think she doesn't like Lose My Breath at all.
Why is she hating those amazing singles? :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby mskellyroks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 am

I remember Kelly also saying she hated Bug a Boo. I agree with Beyonce, this is a very annoying song. It is one of my most hated Beyonce songs. Loved it when it was out but cringe when I hear it now. I also find Freakum Dress cringe worthy. I wish she performed Deja Vu more because that is my fave Beyonce song. Also has not performed Summertime in a very long time.
mskellyroks
Groupie

Postby pomporella » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:09 am

I can see why Beyonce don't like Check On It. The song itself is corny (basically a song about how she know guys like looking at her ass) but I like how she uses "You think that I'm teasin'" line in lives 8-)

Now the OT part:
Bug a Boo is a good song but it must be a pain to perform, all those machine-gun lines. Definitely not a material where you can easily show your vocal skills.
Freakum Dress is fabulous, period. Great, unusual concept of the song and full fierce mode on. I don't care if some think she screams the song. Shame it will probably be dropped on next concert tour because of new material.
Deja Vu is the song I can't get into. At first listen it's Crazy In Love Pt.2. Plus "deja vu" is being misused in the song, I can't get over it:/
pomporella
Manager

Postby DnBLover » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:30 pm

^
Déjà Vu is simply one of Beyoncé's best songs. I'd be thrilled if her new album had songs as good as it. It's really amazing, and I want her to make those types of songs.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby cristy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:51 pm

How could anybody hate 'Lose My Breath'? It's practically impossible not to dance when you hear it. :o
cristy
Superstar

Postby pomporella » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:59 pm

^Loose My Breath is amazing 8-)
BLover wrote:^
Déjà Vu is simply one of Beyoncé's best songs. I'd be thrilled if her new album had songs as good as it. It's really amazing, and I want her to make those types of songs.
You mean vocally, lyrically or composition-wise? Beyonce kills this song live but it doesn't do much for me on CD.
pomporella
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:53 pm

I think Beyoncé hates Sasha Fierce's songs. :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby DnBLover » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:10 pm

pomporella wrote:^Loose My Breath is amazing 8-)
BLover wrote:^
You mean vocally, lyrically or composition-wise? Beyonce kills this song live but it doesn't do much for me on CD.
I think is great in every way :D

But definitely the song sounds much better live.. It's one of the songs where the discrepancy between live and studio is bigger.
DnBLover
Legend

Postby Hotness » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:02 pm

This is one of my most favourite songs of all-time. The music video was also perfect.
Beyonce / Destiny's Child Artists of the Decade.

115 Million Records Sold
13 US & UK #1 Singles
16 Grammy Awards
Hotness
Manager

Postby tada » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Hotness wrote:This is one of my most favourite songs of all-time. The music video was also perfect.
i recall 2005 when i first heard it and then its epic music video, it's Beyoncé's classic one 8-)
tada
Legend

Postby Hotness » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Definitely I use to listen to this every day for a year. Loool. I will love this track forever.
Beyonce / Destiny's Child Artists of the Decade.

115 Million Records Sold
13 US & UK #1 Singles
16 Grammy Awards
Hotness
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 pm

It's as if this song never existed, has she ever performed it since it came out?! I loved it back then.
Thriller

Return to The Retro