Kelis - Kelis Was Here

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby t_dot » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:31 am

Re-Released Songs
"Take Me Out"Bangledesh Crawford
Track produced by Bangledesh Crawford, Kelis Is Re-Releasing "Kelis Was Here" With 2 new tracks on it and This Is the One of the songs it features "Nas".

"My Mark" Swizz Beatz My mark 2006-2007 track produced by Swizz Beatz And With A surprise guest appearence really unexpected, Probably going to be The next Single for Kelis after lil star Kelis Stated on her web diary that "My mark" is going to be one of kelis biggest hits But we will have to wait and see Some of the Lyrics include dissing N.E.R.D(Strange Because Kelis Stated she had nothing against them) & 50 Cent Here is the Tagline of the song Dont get Down Get Up! Get Up! Its My Mark Its hot Its hot The disses of N.E.R.D are pretty obvious which she sings "My milkshake couldve brought all the boys the the yard But they Died i Dont no Why" And 50's diss is pretty obvious aswell "I wear Piggy But dont Like Banks wait a minute there's a 50 cent i aint picking it up"

SOUNDS SUPER HOTT...id its TRUE!?!?!!? 8-) :D
t_dot
Superstar

Postby dcvs » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:41 am

im so mad this album didnt sold good. it's suck a great album

8-)
dcvs
Roadie

Postby urgay » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 pm

wikipedia says trilogy is 4th single :D
urgay
Manager

Postby lisalove_music » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:42 pm

hellohello wrote:New album from the underground songstress. Her first single is I'm Bossy :wink:
I HAVE THE album and it's totally cool
I liek kelis,she's da boss.
When i Come on this forum step aside.Oh Snap.
lisalove_music
Groupie

Postby dgmrnb » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:14 pm

urgay wrote:wikipedia says trilogy is 4th single :D
There hasn't even been a proper 2nd one, I don't know why you people keep on releasing new ones.
dgmrnb
Manager

Postby Hype » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Been listening to this album alot recently. Its defo her best album. Much better than tasty!

I want Weekend to be a single, even though its like Humps pt.2
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby Rock_Steady » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Hows UK sales doing?

Has it lifted any with the release of Lil' Star?
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby aaliyah_fan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:06 pm

^^According to Wikipedia, it went Silver, a while back, in the UK!

This will most likely get it back into the Top 75.
"It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby Thombus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I know this aint gonna happen, but to sell the album Virgin really need to re-release it off the back of 'Lil Star' so as people are actually aware Kelis has a new album out.

Part of the problem as to why it didnt chart so well when it was released was due to the fact 'Bossy' didnt make an impact and so promo for the album was scarce and the general record buying public werent aware Kelis was here had dropped.
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby bkh » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:24 am

Thombus wrote:I know this aint gonna happen, but to sell the album Virgin really need to re-release it off the back of 'Lil Star' so as people are actually aware Kelis has a new album out.

Part of the problem as to why it didnt chart so well when it was released was due to the fact 'Bossy' didnt make an impact and so promo for the album was scarce and the general record buying public werent aware Kelis was here had dropped.
Exactly. If they re-release it right about now with bonus tracks and a DVD, i'm sure it would equal SUCCESS! :D I personally loved "Bossy", but some people really find it awful 8-)

In my personal opinion, I think "I Don't Think So" would be a good choice for the 3rd U.K single, "Blindfold Me" is a simliar style to "Bossy" so that is a no no! "Trilogy" may also be another good choice! "Fire" maybe could be a single? :roll:
bkh
Manager

Postby Thombus » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 pm

^^^^ Hmmm...I dont think 'I Dont Think So' would make a great single tbh...it sounds like something Pink or even Mel C would reject...it's an album filler if that, a track for Kelis to experiment with her rocky side, much like 'Till The Wheels Fall Off'...personally as much as his production annoys me at times, Will.I.Am did Kelis & rock justice, wheread Max Martin let her down imho.

I've heard the original version of 'Fire' with Sean Paul, which was unmastered though. If they re-mastered her vocals and the production a tad, with Sean Paul's vocals on it i'm sure it'll get noticed as the teeny boppers of this generation seem to like Sean paul!

And im anxious for Blindfold Me to be released, i love the track and feel it deserves to be noticed for the beat alone!

Swiftly moving on, has anyone else noticed this week how the album is beginning to get advertised on the TV? I saw woolworths advertise it 6 times last night on Living TV and Channel 4 had it up on there too the other day...hopefully this will increase sales and get the album into the top 40 at least!

I cant see a re-issue, they'd of done it now, but prob havent as it'd cost more money than the small promo burst they've done instead!
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby aaliyah_fan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 pm

It was in Virgin as one of the feature albums, in the Urban section.
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby cortez » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:57 pm

has a re-release been confirmed?
cortez
Manager

Postby Thombus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:51 pm

cortez wrote:has a re-release been confirmed?
No, there wont be a re-release, just the promo has stepped up following lil star..

Im anxious to see if the promo this week has affected sales, im hoping to see the album in the top 40!
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby aaliyah_fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:19 pm

I sure hope that it does enter the Top 40!
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby topopMAC1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Who needs a re-release?! This has climbed from #185 to #65 this week! :D GREAT climb!
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby Frederic » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Greeeeeeeeeat :D :D I told you there was no need for it :-?
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Benjamin » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:41 pm

topopMAC1 wrote:Who needs a re-release?! This has climbed from #185 to #65 this week! :D GREAT climb!
Aww so Bossy! 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby aaliyah_fan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:44 pm

Wooo, let's hope that it continues, next-week 8-) :D
aaliyah_fan
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Frederic wrote:Greeeeeeeeeat :D :D I told you there was no need for it :-?
See it's great that the album has re-entered, but am I being too greedy by wishing for more? It's been heavily advertised the last 2 weeks, well stocked in shops and has just scored a big top 3 hit. But the album is still not back in the top 40?
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Frederic » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Well, I'm hoping for TOP 40 next week ...
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Thombus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:27 pm

:o I didnt think too much bout it when i heard it was in the top 75, but still, what a climb! Obviously the promo paid off - i hope it doesnt slip next week!
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby Hype » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm

SholasBoy wrote:
See it's great that the album has re-entered, but am I being too greedy by wishing for more? It's been heavily advertised the last 2 weeks, well stocked in shops and has just scored a big top 3 hit. But the album is still not back in the top 40?
It might be because, although Kelis is good, She isn't one of those in Demand artists. I dont think much people who don't pay as much attention to music as some of us, would miss her if she didnt release again. does that makes sense?
She's big, but easily forgotten about shortly after.
Hype
Legend

Postby Maripol » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:58 pm

Hype wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:
It might be because, although Kelis is good, She isn't one of those in Demand artists. I dont think much people who don't pay as much attention to music as some of us, would miss her if she didnt release again. does that makes sense?
She's big, but easily forgotten about shortly after.
Said in MW last week, it's sold less than 20k. Last week's sale probably added 5k-ish.

So it's got a long way to go until its sells it's initial shipment.

Good album tho.
Maripol
Manager

Postby Hype » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:20 pm

its an amazing album! :D her best by miles!
Hype
Legend

Return to The Retro