Kelis - Kelis Was Here

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Thombus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:49 pm

I personally think this is her most commercial album to date, be it less consistent, it still deserves to be huge. Judging by the pop/rnb most people are into these days, i cant see why the album isnt a strong seller!?! Im so confuzzled LOL
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:31 am

Kelis is touring in Europe this Summer, in June and August, ut I don't know all tourdates yet.

I'm going to her concert in Amsterdam, June 13th :D I freakin' can't waaaaaait! :D
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Maripol » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:06 am

Thombus wrote:I personally think this is her most commercial album to date, be it less consistent, it still deserves to be huge. Judging by the pop/rnb most people are into these days, i cant see why the album isnt a strong seller!?! Im so confuzzled LOL
They got the singles wrong with this. Lil Star should have been first. And the artwork is too dark, doesn't stand out like Tasty.

And the fact Kelis can never be bothered to do promo doesn't help :roll:

The summer tour will help in UK, but she'll need another big UK radio hit as well. What's the next UK single?
Maripol
Manager

Postby Thombus » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 pm

I think it may be 'Blindfold me' and then that's it. Kelis has been talking about a fifth album on a different label for a bit now, so I think Kelis Was Here is done with....!
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby Colin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Thombus wrote:I think it may be 'Blindfold me' and then that's it. Kelis has been talking about a fifth album on a different label for a bit now, so I think Kelis Was Here is done with....!
I hope BM does get released, it would be perfectc for the summer.

Then she should leave the Kelis Was Here project, it really did lack following Tasty.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Thombus » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 pm

col89 wrote:
Thombus wrote:I think it may be 'Blindfold me' and then that's it. Kelis has been talking about a fifth album on a different label for a bit now, so I think Kelis Was Here is done with....!

Then she should leave the Kelis Was Here project, it really did lack following Tasty.
It's a shame because it all went wrong due to the cr*p way they handled the release of Bossy...

Look @ Beyonce with 'Deja Vu' and Rihanna's 'Umbrella' - both leading tracks from new albums, released on general sale not much more than a month or so after initially leaking, thus still habve that 'buzz' about em and makin people sit up and notice a new album is bein released.

With Kelis, 'Bossy' leaked in December 2005 and didnt get released until Sept 2006 - therefore it flopped as there was no buzz about it anymore..her album suffered as a result and as such has never quite recovered.

If only the label or w/e had more sense about them, Kelis Was Here could of been massive, instead, its a massive flop...which is a shame indeed.
Thombus
Tran Fan

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:34 pm

I really wouldve like if she would have realised Goodbyes, Trilogy, Weekend, or Aww Sh*t.
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

KELIS WAS HERE- Paradiso, Amsterdam, June 13th

So, I went to the Kelis gig last night, and I can say that it was absolutely AWESOME. Me and my friend we're standing o the front-row, literally laning on the stage and I've seen Kelis from really close! Aaaah! :D

She played all her hits (except for Caught Out There though :() and tracks from all her four albums. She was really nice with the crowd, and took the time to ecieve presents (costum made t-shirt from a big fan, letts and cards). She reacted on what people in the crowd were screaming ("We love your shoes!" - "thanks, they love you too").

What I really liked about it, was that she brought a band with her. A drummer and guitarists. That made some of her songs even sound kinda rocky, and that was great. Kelis wasn't scared to show herself, wearing a tiny skirt, and as you can see on the picture her (cute little) ass wasn't hiding :P

This was the second time I've seen Kelis live, the first time was last year on some big festival, but I've to say that Kelis really is a great performer. Singing, dancing, beng interactive with the crowd'she's just awesome!

Also, Kelis talked about her the fight with her label ( She said she's on an evil label) but that she knows where she's standing now, and that she's already working on a fifth album! 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Frederic » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:11 am

Nice that you've had a great time Benno. Told you already I'm so jealous :P

Kelis rocks, and I can't wait for her new work.
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby Plym » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:31 pm

Great review!
Thanks for the pics!!
Plym
Take Care

Postby Star » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Kelis is performing at G-A-Y this Saturday night 8-)
Star
Sensational

Postby topopMAC1 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:46 pm

col89 wrote:

I know, I don't understand why they've given up on the project here seeing as "Lil' Star" was such a big hit. They should have released "Blindfold Me". If they had done that with some advertising, the album would have been able to sell something!
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:27 pm

They've given up, because Kelis has a fight with her label. Last night on the concert she explained. She has a bad relationship with her label right now, and she's even calling it an 'evil label'.

She's moving on to the next project though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Sayhey » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Tis a shame as IMO there is still life left in Kelis Was Here

but

IMO after Lil Star was a sizeable hit they should have struck whilst iron was hot and released I Don't Think So/Appreciate Me then Til The Wheels Fall Off then maybe Handul/Circus or maybe even Living Proof.

Defo more single potential then Tasty or Wanderland
Last edited by Sayhey on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sayhey
Personal Assistant

Postby topopMAC1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:52 am

BanZai wrote:They've given up, because Kelis has a fight with her label. Last night on the concert she explained. She has a bad relationship with her label right now, and she's even calling it an 'evil label'.

She's moving on to the next project though.
I wonder which label she means as she's on a different label in the UK than the U.S. She's been with Virgin in the UK since the beginning I think!
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby engin_ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:44 pm

OMG!! I Saw Kelis Thursday night.. She was awesome!! This is from my blog: :D

:daydream: So here's the full story.. I'll never talk about the performance again :angry: :no:

So first me + a friend got there. The weather was horrible, it was raining the whole time. But we stood there waiting for the doors to open. We there met this Star Trak-fan and talked about music etc etc. Then we got in there at 20:00. And we walked to the stage, there weren't a lot of people. We made sure that we would be in the middle so that we would be in front of her during the show. My friend got us some beer a couple of times and stood there waiting lol.

At 21:15 the pre-show started.. It was a dutch female singer.. She did some R&B songs and she was quite good. She had a big ass though but she was cute. She was finished at 21:45 and the front row was all hyped up.. (the other people just stood there :straightface: Dutch people are quite most of the time and never get loose).

So we waited and waited.. Waited for Kelis to come.. We where getting quite bored and where actually thinking she wasn't gonna show up. A lot of artists do that when they're in Holland. They smoke weed in the afternoon and then are too **** up to perform so they just cancel it. We where waiting and waiting so the Star Trak-guy showed us some films he made with his cellphone. The day before Kelis performed in Amsterdam and he was there too. She had this skirt on and we could clearly see her thong lol..

So finally at 22:30 when everyone was expecting a guy to show up and say the show was cancelled the band came on stage.. the lights went out. They started Millionaire.. (One my all time favs) So I started jumping lmao and screaming. So then finally she came on stage.. She was beautiful :daydream: She had these tight black jeans and a blouse that was like a disco-ball. She had brown hair. So she came on stage and started singing the song.. I was screaming my ass lol but she didn't really connect the first couple of songs. She just walked on stage to the band.. and turned her back to the audience a couple of times :tumbleweed:

performing Millionaire

Millionaire: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHKEmgvxhRY

Then the band immediately continued and started playing Keep It Down. We where still jumping and screaming like fags lol. She noticed us cause the audience was kinda dead. She then smiled at as a couple of times and we started screaming louder lol.

She then did another song I forgot.. She talked with us a couple of times; said how happy she was to be here etc etc bla bla.. We ofcourse screamed things like: "KELIS UR BEAUTIFUL!!" "KELIS UR THE BOSS!!" And she smiled a couple of times and said thank you.. We where like :daydream: :daydream:

She then did Get Along Without You.. It was kinda hard to interact with her cause she was so concentrated and closed her eyes the whole song. After that song I screamed: "THAT SONG SAVED MY LIFE" And she again said "Thank You" I was jumping up and down and then she held my hand :hype:

She then did Perfect Day.. 99% of the audience didn't know the song but that was my fave on Wanderland so me + my friend + the Star Trak-stan started jumping again ofcourse and singing along. She walked to the left and right during the first verse. Then during the second verse.. SHE LAYED IN FRONT OF US LMFAOOO :hype: She was basically singing the whole song to us.. We where like OMFG!! during the whole song.. We could grap her tits if we wanted.. We could've smacker her face lol.. We where that close. She saw us singing along to the whole song and then she pointed at me.. I reached out to her hand and kissed her hand lmfaooo.. :dead: She was like "awww that's cute" but ofcourse continued singing the song. Then the Star Trak-fan started smoking weed and tried to give it to Kelis.. She was like noo.. I can't lol.. Then the guy breathed the weed-air into her face and she inhaled it all lmaoo.. :dead: After the song she said Thank You again but this time she was basically saying it to us :daydream:

Kelis laying in front of us :daydream: *orgasm*

Kelis performing song for me :daydream: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UgcLKoAYpo
Kelis inhaling weed :notworthy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFsKV0FHlww

She then sang some other songs.. Milkshake, Lil' Star, Blindfold Me, Till The Weels Fall Off etc etc

She then started singing Rolling Through The Hood.. At the end of that song I started to scream but my voice was **** up lol. She did hear me though.. I screamed "I'LL RIDE FOR YOU KELIS!!!" and she smiled at me :daydream:

Then she did Bossy.. The whole crowd went wild :shake: At the end I screamed: **** 50 CENT!!! And she laughed lol for like 20 seconds.. She then said in a real sarcastic way: "That's not nice" and then she winked at us :o :hype: We ofcourse melted again :dead:

She did some other songs.. And closed with Trick Me. My friend had brought his album and then she signed it.. She talked with some other people at the end and then she walked away.. She turned around and looked at us and we ofcourse died again.. Screamed our asses off.. She looked at us like "Ya'll are crazy lol" and then walked away :sigh:

signing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=idP4rWjP2Tg&mode=user&search=

I then stole her water and her setlist lol :dead:

Then we immediately left cause we had to catch the train otherwise we would be sleeping on da street lol. In the train some people recognized me lol.. They told us that the audience was just chilling and kinda quiet and that we 3 where the only people jumping and screaming lol.. Some people said we where crazy :dead:
Just watch me burn!
engin_
Groupie

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:35 am

Great review! Glad you had a great time.I've seen Kelis wednesday in Amsterdam, so know how you feel :D I'm still in the Kelis-Vibe lol. She rocked the house.

Must be one of the most underrated artists!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby cristy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:37 am

Great Review!
cristy
Superstar

Postby engin_ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:25 am

BanZai wrote:Great review! Glad you had a great time.I've seen Kelis wednesday in Amsterdam, so know how you feel :D I'm still in the Kelis-Vibe lol. She rocked the house.

Must be one of the most underrated artists!
Yeah.. She's awesome. Not the best singer but who cares.. Her songs, her attitude, her stage presence.. She's the shit 8-) :D
Just watch me burn!
engin_
Groupie

Postby Cassette » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:22 pm

engin_ wrote:OMG!! I Saw Kelis Thursday night.. She was awesome!! This is from my blog: :D

:daydream: So here's the full story.. I'll never talk about the performance again :angry: :no:

So first me + a friend got there. The weather was horrible, it was raining the whole time. But we stood there waiting for the doors to open. We there met this Star Trak-fan and talked about music etc etc. Then we got in there at 20:00. And we walked to the stage, there weren't a lot of people. We made sure that we would be in the middle so that we would be in front of her during the show. My friend got us some beer a couple of times and stood there waiting lol.

At 21:15 the pre-show started.. It was a dutch female singer.. She did some R&B songs and she was quite good. She had a big ass though but she was cute. She was finished at 21:45 and the front row was all hyped up.. (the other people just stood there :straightface: Dutch people are quite most of the time and never get loose).

So we waited and waited.. Waited for Kelis to come.. We where getting quite bored and where actually thinking she wasn't gonna show up. A lot of artists do that when they're in Holland. They smoke weed in the afternoon and then are too **** up to perform so they just cancel it. We where waiting and waiting so the Star Trak-guy showed us some films he made with his cellphone. The day before Kelis performed in Amsterdam and he was there too. She had this skirt on and we could clearly see her thong lol..

So finally at 22:30 when everyone was expecting a guy to show up and say the show was cancelled the band came on stage.. the lights went out. They started Millionaire.. (One my all time favs) So I started jumping lmao and screaming. So then finally she came on stage.. She was beautiful :daydream: She had these tight black jeans and a blouse that was like a disco-ball. She had brown hair. So she came on stage and started singing the song.. I was screaming my ass lol but she didn't really connect the first couple of songs. She just walked on stage to the band.. and turned her back to the audience a couple of times :tumbleweed:

performing Millionaire

Millionaire: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHKEmgvxhRY

Then the band immediately continued and started playing Keep It Down. We where still jumping and screaming like fags lol. She noticed us cause the audience was kinda dead. She then smiled at as a couple of times and we started screaming louder lol.

She then did another song I forgot.. She talked with us a couple of times; said how happy she was to be here etc etc bla bla.. We ofcourse screamed things like: "KELIS UR BEAUTIFUL!!" "KELIS UR THE BOSS!!" And she smiled a couple of times and said thank you.. We where like :daydream: :daydream:

She then did Get Along Without You.. It was kinda hard to interact with her cause she was so concentrated and closed her eyes the whole song. After that song I screamed: "THAT SONG SAVED MY LIFE" And she again said "Thank You" I was jumping up and down and then she held my hand :hype:

She then did Perfect Day.. 99% of the audience didn't know the song but that was my fave on Wanderland so me + my friend + the Star Trak-stan started jumping again ofcourse and singing along. She walked to the left and right during the first verse. Then during the second verse.. SHE LAYED IN FRONT OF US LMFAOOO :hype: She was basically singing the whole song to us.. We where like OMFG!! during the whole song.. We could grap her tits if we wanted.. We could've smacker her face lol.. We where that close. She saw us singing along to the whole song and then she pointed at me.. I reached out to her hand and kissed her hand lmfaooo.. :dead: She was like "awww that's cute" but ofcourse continued singing the song. Then the Star Trak-fan started smoking weed and tried to give it to Kelis.. She was like noo.. I can't lol.. Then the guy breathed the weed-air into her face and she inhaled it all lmaoo.. :dead: After the song she said Thank You again but this time she was basically saying it to us :daydream:

Kelis laying in front of us :daydream: *orgasm*

Kelis performing song for me :daydream: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3UgcLKoAYpo
Kelis inhaling weed :notworthy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFsKV0FHlww

She then sang some other songs.. Milkshake, Lil' Star, Blindfold Me, Till The Weels Fall Off etc etc

She then started singing Rolling Through The Hood.. At the end of that song I started to scream but my voice was **** up lol. She did hear me though.. I screamed "I'LL RIDE FOR YOU KELIS!!!" and she smiled at me :daydream:

Then she did Bossy.. The whole crowd went wild :shake: At the end I screamed: **** 50 CENT!!! And she laughed lol for like 20 seconds.. She then said in a real sarcastic way: "That's not nice" and then she winked at us :o :hype: We ofcourse melted again :dead:

She did some other songs.. And closed with Trick Me. My friend had brought his album and then she signed it.. She talked with some other people at the end and then she walked away.. She turned around and looked at us and we ofcourse died again.. Screamed our asses off.. She looked at us like "Ya'll are crazy lol" and then walked away :sigh:

signing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=idP4rWjP2Tg&mode=user&search=

I then stole her water and her setlist lol :dead:

Then we immediately left cause we had to catch the train otherwise we would be sleeping on da street lol. In the train some people recognized me lol.. They told us that the audience was just chilling and kinda quiet and that we 3 where the only people jumping and screaming lol.. Some people said we where crazy :dead:
Is this a dream?!? :-?

If not then you must have had an amazing night :D Just sounds too good to be true!
Cassette
Groupie

Postby dusiek » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:51 pm

has anyone been to the G-A-Y performance? I've heared it was awesome... any reviews?
dusiek
Groupie

Postby Star » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Finally got to hear this :oops:
A really good album!
Star
Sensational

Postby urgay » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Star wrote:Finally got to hear this :oops:
A really good album!
It's Been Released A Year. How Have You JUST Heard It :lol:
urgay
Manager

Postby HBIC » Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Been jamming to this album so much recently!! It's so damn good

"when he want it he blindfolds me, then I get sexy on him get sexy on him likeeeee"
HBIC
Legend

Postby Westen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:44 pm

This album is very creative, but i love FT and Food so much that i don't have time to focus much on this, but i have to pay it more attention, and revisit her first 2 albums until she releases K7 8-)

Btw, i hate when there are different tracklists (M!ssundaztood), which one are you using? Which one fits album better? Help me out :lol:
Westen
Legend

Return to The Retro