Beyoncé - B Day

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Favourite tracks?

1. Beautiful Liar (feat. Shakira)
9
6%
2. Irreplaceable
17
11%
3. Green Light
16
10%
4. Kitty Kat
9
6%
5. Welcome To Hollywood
0
No votes
6. Upgrade U (feat. Jay-Z)
23
15%
7. Flaws And All
4
3%
8. If
3
2%
9. Get Me Bodied (Extended)
6
4%
10. Freakum Dress
10
7%
11. Suga Mama
11
7%
12. Déjà Vu (feat. Jay-Z)
18
12%
13. Ring The Alarm
6
4%
14. Resentment
5
3%
15. Listen
8
5%
16. World Wide Woman
0
No votes
17. Check On It
4
3%
18. Amor Gitano (feat. Alejandro Fernández)
2
1%
19. Creole
0
No votes
20. Still In Love (Kissing You)
2
1%
 
Total votes : 153

Postby DOSSOME » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Upgrade U>>>>
Errr...Nice attempt but sit anyway
User avatar
DOSSOME
Legend
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013

Postby TIfan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Kitty Kat should have been a hit.

This album sucked so badly. :cry:
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:32 pm

4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
User avatar
SawyerHewitt
Manager
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013
Location: Plainfield, Wisconsin

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm

HER. BEST. ALBUM.
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 16386
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby Gravity » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Goldmoney wrote:HER. BEST. ALBUM.
YASSSSSSS PREACH
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
Superstar
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Heartplace

Postby Guru » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Freakum Dress is the ish. This song is so ahead of its time!!!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 22736
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Yoshie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

TIfan wrote:This album sucked so badly. :cry:
Repent your sins.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 21638
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Yoshie wrote:
TIfan wrote:This album sucked so badly. :cry:
Repent your sins.
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 16386
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby ArmyOfMe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Up until self-titled, I didn't think she could top this.
Now it's my second fave from her, tied with Lemonade.

Ofc, I'm not counting that messy deluxe edition.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby Yoshie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:Ofc, I'm not counting that messy deluxe edition.
+1 I enjoy the additional songs, and some of the bonus tracks that were included on the original release are great too (Creole and Back Up >>>>>>>>>>>), but the structure of the deluxe edition is a mess. The standard release is far more coherent.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 21638
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Goldmoney » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm

The deluxe is trash tho.
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 16386
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 pm

It’s the deluxe that made me a fan :lol:

I loved it - but I hear absolutely no difference in that tagged on remix of BL at the end :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 9277
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Jesper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 pm

menime123 wrote:It’s the deluxe that made me a fan :lol:

I loved it - but I hear absolutely no difference in that tagged on remix of BL at the end :lol:
Me neither, I literally spend a week hearing it with headphones, on my stereo, on my iPod, just to find out what was different :lol:
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 21811
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 pm

This album really defined Beyoncé for me. There are so many beyoncéisms within it; I love how frantic and off-the wall the song-writing is.

I agree that the deluxe tracklisting is a mess. They added some bops, but the flow of the standard was perfect.

I've split them into two discs on iTunes.

Disc 1
01 Deja Vu (feat. JAY-Z)
02 Get Me Bodied
03 Suga Mama
04 Upgrade U (feat. JAY-Z)
05 Ring the Alarm
06 Kitty Kat
07 Freakum Dress
08 Green Light
09 Irreplaceable
10 Resentment
11 Encore for the Fans
12 Listen
13 Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix)

Disc 2
01 Beautiful Liar (with Shakira)
02 Welcome to Hollywood
03 Flaws and All
04 Still in Love (Kissing You)
05 If
06 World Wide Woman
07 Lost Yo Mind
08 Back Up
09 Creole
10 My First Time
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20145
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby menime123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Jesper wrote:
menime123 wrote:It’s the deluxe that made me a fan :lol:

I loved it - but I hear absolutely no difference in that tagged on remix of BL at the end :lol:
Me neither, I literally spend a week hearing it with headphones, on my stereo, on my iPod, just to find out what was different :lol:
Well it’s 20 seconds shorter, but god knows where :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 9277
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby TheRealest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 am

Goldmoney wrote:
Yoshie wrote:
TIfan wrote:This album sucked so badly. :cry:
Repent your sins.
User avatar
TheRealest
The Queen
 
Posts: 13585
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009
Location: USA

Postby Guru » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:26 am

urbanmusik wrote:This album really defined Beyoncé for me. There are so many beyoncéisms within it; I love how frantic and off-the wall the song-writing is.

I agree that the deluxe tracklisting is a mess. They added some bops, but the flow of the standard was perfect.

I've split them into two discs on iTunes.

Disc 1
01 Deja Vu (feat. JAY-Z)
02 Get Me Bodied
03 Suga Mama
04 Upgrade U (feat. JAY-Z)
05 Ring the Alarm
06 Kitty Kat
07 Freakum Dress
08 Green Light
09 Irreplaceable
10 Resentment
11 Encore for the Fans
12 Listen
13 Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix)

Disc 2
01 Beautiful Liar (with Shakira)
02 Welcome to Hollywood
03 Flaws and All
04 Still in Love (Kissing You)
05 If
06 World Wide Woman
07 Lost Yo Mind
08 Back Up
09 Creole
10 My First Time
Isn’t Disc 1the original release?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 22736
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Goldmoney » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 am

WWW is so ratchet :lol:
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 16386
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby TIfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 am

Kitty Kat should have been the first single. Would have changed Pop culture forever.
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby Goldmoney » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:00 am

She already did that with Single Ladies
User avatar
Goldmoney
Legend
 
Posts: 16386
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009

Postby urbanmusik » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Guru wrote:Isn’t Disc 1the original release?
Yeah, no need to mess with perfection.
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 20145
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby Yoshie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm

It frustrates me that Lost Yo Mind is so low in quality. I need a high quality version of it... the difference in recording in comparison to the other songs is painfully obvious.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 21638
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Gravity » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't like Lost Yo Mind, but Back Up is perfect.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
Superstar
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Heartplace

Postby TIfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:30 pm

"If" was a vocal masterclass. She reminded of Barbra Streisand from the 70's.
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby GetBack » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 pm

This is her best album. Of course, she grew as an artist with the recent two albums but those two albums don't hold up to the replay value and nostalgia of B'Day unfortunately. "Back Up" and "Creole" should have been in the standard edition.

Yoshie wrote:It frustrates me that Lost Yo Mind is so low in quality. I need a high quality version of it... the difference in recording in comparison to the other songs is painfully obvious.
I was about to say the same, the volume is turned down lower as compared to the other tracks. :-? :-?
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 27222
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010
Location: Philippines

Return to The Retro