Sugababes - Overloaded: The Singles Collection

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Rock_Steady » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:18 pm

We havent got a topic for the package yet so i thought i'd start one up. :D

Well it scheduled for release on 13 November 2006 courtesy of HMV but it might be subject to change.

The title of the package is yet to be confirmed, unless they will leave it as the "greatest hits".

The track listing will consist of the singles:

Overload
New Year
Run For Cover
Soul Sound
Freak Like Me
Round Round
Stronger
Angels With Dirty Faces
Shape
Hole In The Head
Too Lost In You
In The Middle
Caught In A Moment
Push The Button
Ugly
Red Dress
Follow Me Home

As usual there will be extra tracks, maybe 2 or more.

It has been confirmed by the sugababes themselves that they have re-recorded the first 4 singles off the "one touch" album.

We can only hope for a "special edition" one with a dvd of the videos and some extras.

Plus they might release a live dvd of their 2006 UK tour, seems that they havent done a live dvd before and it was a huge tour!
Last edited by Rock_Steady on Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby mIGU » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Looking forward this album.
I'm a new Sugababes fan (Taller In More Ways era - on) so it might be great to have in one record the very best off their material.

This is a dead certain record I'll have on my collection.
mIGU
Personal Assistant

Postby Colin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing all the rerecordings but Overload the most :P

I hope there will be three new amazing tracks that they can release. Sugababes always have the perfect first single that you can't get enough of 8-)

Hope there will be a bonus DVD too 8-)
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby seven » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm looking forward to Heidi on Run For Cover i loved her on tour doin this track.
seven
Roadie

Postby blade699 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Apparently there may only be two new songs

I guess they'll save the best stuff for the next album!

Suprised they've put Soul Sound on there, but if they do then that's very loyal of them
blade699
Manager

Postby Luv_Keisha » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 am

Mutya stated that Keisha and Heidi have re-record the songs from One Touch. (Thank You now I can hear RFC w/ my fave version of Sugababes).

I'm pretty sure that Red Dress, Follow Me Home and the 2 added songs will be w/ Amelle
I take myself to be my lawful wedded bitch
Luv_Keisha
Manager

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:14 am

Luv_Keisha wrote:Mutya stated that Keisha and Heidi have re-record the songs from One Touch. (Thank You now I can hear RFC w/ my fave version of Sugababes).
Why would Keisha & Heidi re-record those songs (as opposed to Amelle & Heidi, or more likely, all three) as Keisha is the only original member still in the group?

And why would Mutya be saying anything about it, as she is no longer in the group?

:roll:
irishguy28

Postby Rock_Steady » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:23 am

irishguy28 wrote:
Luv_Keisha wrote:Mutya stated that Keisha and Heidi have re-record the songs from One Touch. (Thank You now I can hear RFC w/ my fave version of Sugababes).
Why would Keisha & Heidi re-record those songs (as opposed to Amelle & Heidi, or more likely, all three) as Keisha is the only original member still in the group?

And why would Mutya be saying anything about it, as she is no longer in the group?

It was originally said that they re-recorded the "one touch" songs with heidi's vocals over siobhans.

And apparently mutya refused to her vocals been recorded over.

So it might just be heidi's vocals appearing on the new versions and amelle's only on the new tracks and the new versions of the singles off "taller in more ways".

Basically its all speculation, maybe their just trying to keep us on our toes and surpise us?

Theres to much rumours and fake accumilation over it, to decide whats what hehe.

I hope that "spiral" will be on it, but its not one of their singles, but may appear as a bonus track, hidden track or a previously unreleased track? Can't wait for it anyway dudes! :D
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:24 am

Rock_Steady wrote:I hope that "spiral" will be on it, but its not one of their singles, but may appear as a bonus track, hidden track or a previously unreleased track? Can't wait for it anyway dudes! :D
Get the William Orbit album...it's a fantastic album.

I think it's unlikely that Spiral will turn up on this Greatest Hits. It seems an impasse occurred with Sanctuary not wanting to tamper with the original, and Universal not wanting a "new release" with an old voice.
irishguy28

Postby krzxxx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:33 am

ant wait for this the version of run for cover and overload that they sang on their tour was amazing with amelle and heidi in it!

also looking for the new album which will follow this!!
Tell Your Wasted Time....
krzxxx
Manager

Postby Luv_Keisha » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:40 am

Mutya stated it on her myspace account. Plus I think it could be true b/c it would sound f**ked up if Heidi was the only person re-recording the One Touch songs. Having Mutya and Keisha sound like children and than this adult voice. Makes sense to me.
I take myself to be my lawful wedded bitch
Luv_Keisha
Manager

Postby Rock_Steady » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 pm

HMV have named the package:

Overloaded: Greatest Hits

I thinks its nice they have called it that as it was their first single. And it fits well i think. :D

Might not be true but its not far off yet.
Last edited by Rock_Steady on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby Colin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:51 pm

Rock_Steady wrote:HMV have a named the package:

I thinks its nice they have called it that as it was there first single. :D

Cool idea! :D

I've been playing their music all week. I so can't wait to hear the first single from the GH. 8-)
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Rock_Steady » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Rock_Steady wrote:HMV have named the package:

I thinks its nice they have called it that as it was their first single. And it fits well i think. :D

Well i reckon its the official title but its not confirmed officially, unless anyone else has info on this?
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby vladi » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:38 am

I have forgotten one of the confirmed new tracks is 'Strung Out'
Feels like some kinda rush
Yeah yeah so good,
Wanna show you how I feel can't get it enough
Turn it up!
vladi
Groupie

Postby blade699 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:16 pm

Rock_Steady wrote:
irishguy28 wrote:

It was originally said that they re-recorded the "one touch" songs with heidi's vocals over siobhans.

And apparently mutya refused to her vocals been recorded over.

So it might just be heidi's vocals appearing on the new versions and amelle's only on the new tracks and the new versions of the singles off "taller in more ways".

Basically its all speculation, maybe their just trying to keep us on our toes and surpise us?

Theres to much rumours and fake accumilation over it, to decide whats what hehe.

I hope that "spiral" will be on it, but its not one of their singles, but may appear as a bonus track, hidden track or a previously unreleased track? Can't wait for it anyway dudes! :D
Mutya's permission isn't needed to re-record the OT singles, as the label the babes are with now bought the rights to them

So I presume this means all the OT singles will be re-recorded with Heidi/Amelle
blade699
Manager

Postby ww_adh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:42 am

I think re-recording the One Touch singles is a really bad idea. While I think Heidi is a better singer than Siobhan, and clearly more important as a member of the group, I don't think that means they should just write Siobhan off like she was never there. Besides, a version of "Overload" with Heidi was never a hit, so it shouldn't be on a "greatest hits" collection.
Check out my new blog! http://wwadh.blogspot.com
It's all about UK and US pop music.
ww_adh
Roadie

Postby Star » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:25 am

Facts about Overloaded:Greatest Hits

1-Keisha & Heidi will appear on ALL tracks
2-Amelle will only appear on 'Red Dress' 'Follow Me Home' and the new tracks
3-Siobhan's vocals will NOT appear on the album
4-Mutya has been back in the studio with Keisha & Heidi to re-record their first 4 singles 'Overload' 'New Year' 'Run For Cover' 'Soul Sound'
5-Mutya refused permission for Amelle to re-record her vocals for all the other tracks

I wonder what the cover will be like..
I wanted all 5 girls past & present to be on it.. ..that seems highly unlikely now
Star
Sensational

Postby gaz_uk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:28 am

I don't understand why they don't just leave EVERY song alone, and only include the single versions - they were the actual hits afterall. :-?
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:39 am

gaz_uk wrote:I don't understand why they don't just leave EVERY song alone, and only include the single versions - they were the actual hits afterall. :-?
I have to agree actually. I feel that the versions with Siobhan from the first album were the best, like gaz said it's stupid to re-record the hits...
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Rock_Steady » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:12 pm

Tiger wrote:
gaz_uk wrote:I don't understand why they don't just leave EVERY song alone, and only include the single versions - they were the actual hits afterall. :-?
I have to agree actually. I feel that the versions with Siobhan from the first album were the best, like gaz said it's stupid to re-record the hits...
I agree too. They're the originals! Plus they were the singles they got released with Siobhan on them. So in fact they should have left them. But oh well.
Rock_Steady
Manager

Postby krzxxx » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:25 pm

id prefer amelle to be on more of the tracks!!!!
Tell Your Wasted Time....
krzxxx
Manager

Postby gaz_uk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:54 pm

It does seem a bit hypocritical (did I spell that right?) that Heidi is recording over Siobhan's vocals but Amelle can't re-record ANY of Mutya's vocals. :-?
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
gaz_uk
Superstar

Postby SeeForever » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:27 am

Surely a Greatest Hits should have the songs in their original form- with the original vocallists??

I don't mind them adding new versions of some of the old tracks as bonus tracks at the end of it- but I can't understand why they have to fiddle around with the earlier songs :evil: :evil:

Overload is still my favourite Sugababes song and I don't want them taking out Siobhan's vocals
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Rock_Steady » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:08 am

Taken from MTV UK:

Sugababes will release a greatest hits album, called Overloaded: The Singles Collection, on November 13.

The disc will feature all the big hits from the girls’ past four albums and two new tracks.

Despite having two changes of line-up during their six years as a band, they’ve become one of the most successful female groups ever.
Original member Keisha, Heidi, and new girl Amelle can pat themselves on the back for bagging more top 10 singles than the Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child, All Saints and ‘80s favourites Bananarama.
Let’s just hope this album signals a fresh start and not an end to the funky pop trio as we know them…

The album will be preceded by a new single on October 30.
Rock_Steady
Manager

Return to The Retro