Sugababes - Overloaded: The Singles Collection

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby ilovemyGA » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:00 pm

thats ok^^^

we can have different opinions. that was ages ago, and we're both still Babes fans. so that's all that matters. :)
ilovemyGA
Manager

Postby Guru » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 am

Bought the DVD last week from Amazon and had the CD when it came out. The ladies are soooo classic! They actually had some decent video's! I LUUURV their ballads!

Cant believe they did not break the US market as yet? I love Heidi's voice/looks, and Keisha is a beautiful girl!

Have to say that Siobhan is damn beautful as well. Why did she leave the group? :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby jason2379 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 am

I really would LOVE just one song with all of the babes in it 8-) Imagine, it would be brilliant, the current Sugababes pop sound, Mutya's RnB style of music and then Siobhan's amazing left-field ghostly pop! It would be Superp. Though I doubt we will ever hear it :( :P
Embarrassed to be apart of this mess 8-)
jason2379
Superstar

Postby ilovemyGA » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm

ilovemyGA wrote:siobhan is hunched over and, no offense to her, the babes are better without her. her voice wasn't so hot.
i can't believe i even said that! lol. that was before i got siobhan's album Ghosts. her voice is fantastic. its just that i don't think it fit the sugababes songs well, so it didnt sound as great as her solo stuff.
ilovemyGA
Manager

Postby jason2379 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:31 pm

She has the best voice that has come from the Sugababes...love ghosts and all the singles shes released :D
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Guru » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:05 am

jason2379 wrote:She has the best voice that has come from the Sugababes...love ghosts and all the singles shes released :D
The babes have her to thank for life for launching their stardom! I was shocked to hear that she was on lead and main vocals for Overload! The video is also fresh in that it was cheap and they were soooo young back then.

The world needs a new pop group! I know the babes have what it takes. If they crack the US, they should not go urban!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby jason2379 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:44 am

preyan wrote:
jason2379 wrote:She has the best voice that has come from the Sugababes...love ghosts and all the singles shes released :D
The babes have her to thank for life for launching their stardom! I was shocked to hear that she was on lead and main vocals for Overload! The video is also fresh in that it was cheap and they were soooo young back then.

The world needs a new pop group! I know the babes have what it takes. If they crack the US, they should not go urban!
Well AYN is so pop and their trying to break the US with that, so I doubt they will go urban! They would be wise to keep the pop sound....
jason2379
Superstar

Postby Tyzer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 pm

I was sick of the other cover, so I made this one. Obviously inspired by Britney's single collection, but who cares ;) Hope u like it!
Tyzer
Roadie

Postby Guru » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:37 am

Tyzer wrote:I was sick of the other cover, so I made this one. Obviously inspired by Britney's single collection, but who cares ;) Hope u like it!
LMFAO
Good cover!!!
Can you make a Destiny's Child one too? Please?
Guru
Guru

Postby Nava22 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:19 pm

^^ Nice cover! Some of you guys who design stuff on here put the official designers to shame!!

But why put Jade on there, she doesn't feature on the album?!
"Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!
Nava22
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Amazing!
GetBack
Legend

Postby Tyzer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Nava22 wrote:^^ Nice cover! Some of you guys who design stuff on here put the official designers to shame!!

But why put Jade on there, she doesn't feature on the album?!
She does on my tracklist ;) I just keep adding new tracks to it. That's why I wanted a new cover. And thanks for the compliment!
Tyzer
Roadie

Postby The47thbelmon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I always had the doubt if this was called just "Overloaded" or "Sugababes overloaded".
The47thbelmon
Roadie

Postby Guru » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 am

The47thbelmon wrote:I always had the doubt if this was called just "Overloaded" or "Sugababes overloaded".
Oh the irony! LOL
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Bump to say that SB2.0 was pure fiyah! 8-)
Guru
Guru

Postby Westen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:14 pm

2.0 really had something special, they were so young but their music was very mature and it had massive appeal to everyone. They were so cool to like
Westen
Legend

Postby Mikerocha » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:18 pm

This sold 570,000 copies in the UK with just a top 10 single.
They had selling power back in the day.
“B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Westen » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Mikerocha wrote:This sold 570,000 copies in the UK with just a top 10 single.
They had selling power back in the day.
Actually 650,839, Overloaded: The Singles Collection 8-)
Westen
Legend

Postby MCUK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:33 am

They need to update this album. To think u can't currently get an album with all their top 10 singles on it :o
There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey
MCUK
Roadie

Postby Erotica » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Westen wrote:2.0 really had something special, they were so young but their music was very mature and it had massive appeal to everyone. They were so cool to like
this is true
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby mattsky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Erotica wrote:
Westen wrote:2.0 really had something special, they were so young but their music was very mature and it had massive appeal to everyone. They were so cool to like
this is true
I agree. 2.0 were great
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Westen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Ok, how amazing is this compilation?
Hit after hit after hit after hit.
Masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece.
Every single song sounds timeless. And not like they were mostly recorded +14 yeas ago!

You can use line up changes all you want in order to discredit them but the fact is that every line up change brought something new to the table and their music. Amelle shines on Good to be gone and Easy. I often forget how good these 2 new songs are. I love production on them (electronic pop rock). Shame GTBG was canceled as single.

My only complaint is album cover, it's terrible. Easily their worst album cover.
Westen
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 pm

I don't like the cover too.

But Easy was such a great single. Sadly it seems to be a bit forgotten. Maybe it's my favourite single from them
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:22 pm

Erotica wrote:I don't like the cover too.

But Easy was such a great single. Sadly it seems to be a bit forgotten. Maybe it's my favourite single from them
Yeah, it's shame they made it forgotten by pulling it out of stores. They only used it to promote album before it drops. :(

I can't tell which one looks the worst on the cover :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 pm

In my opinion Amelle always looked worst on the album cover ^^
Erotica
Legend

Return to The Retro