Girls Aloud - I Think We're Alone Now

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby Star » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Love the cover. One of their best. :P
User avatar
Star
Sensational
 
Posts: 21818
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006
Location: Wet patch in middle of bed

Postby Rock_Steady » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Star wrote:Love the cover. One of their best. :P
Yeh i agree, one of the best covers they have done. 8-)
Rock_Steady
Manager
 
Posts: 1799
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006

Postby Benjamin » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:28 pm

Such a great cover :D

And i wouldnt be surprised if they'll release "Money" after this, because they're seem to be very popular right now.
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 61455
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby djstewartt » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:49 pm

Saw the girls perform on Strictly Come Dancing last night, fabulous! Used the male dancers from the show for the peformance, really made it.
This song has grown on me such a lot, and the new version mixes well into something kinda ooh when i am djing lol
djstewartt
Groupie
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005
Location: Brighton

Postby Skelofect » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:56 pm

^ Someone already said that.

Anyway their performance on Strictly Dancing was amazing!!!!! I'm so hooked on the radio edit...maybe it's just me but it's like they reworked it so much the original beats dont even sound like they're there. Though maybe I just cant pick it up. A + to Xenomania...I'm so impressed and they've fixed all the problems I had with the album version.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend
 
Posts: 23776
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002
Location: Home Sweet Vortex

Postby Yoshimo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:02 pm

Skelofect wrote:I'm so hooked on the radio edit...maybe it's just me but it's like they reworked it so much the original beats dont even sound like they're there.
Yeah, I'm really hooked on it too. I still don't like some of the switched vocals - Kimberley seriously sounds constipated - but the absolute kick-arse bassline makes up for it. 8-)
The alternative to the real world.
User avatar
Yoshimo
Manager
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005
Location: Somewhere you can't find me

Postby steophonic » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Much better than I thought it would be. It's really catchy and they have put their own mark on the song. I like it!
User avatar
steophonic
Music Junkie
 
Posts: 21934
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004

Postby westhammer » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Nice cover! Davids one is better though :lol:

I wasnt too fond of this on first listen, it sounded a bit fast or something, like a disco version gone wrong but its actually pretty good. Im glad theyre back in the spotlight. The break definitely did them well
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
User avatar
westhammer
Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004

Postby Skelofect » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:28 pm

westhammer wrote:Nice cover! Davids one is better though :lol:
Thank you, sir.

I got the GH yesterday, the album version really sounds so flat next to this radio edit.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend
 
Posts: 23776
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002
Location: Home Sweet Vortex

Postby Frederic » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:02 pm

Only #50 on downloads alone :-? I guess people will start buying this when they've got a Christmassy feeling :lol:
User avatar
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad
 
Posts: 24010
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005
Location: Belgium

Postby martinp » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:19 pm

It's only charted this low because from about Wednesday onwards the single hadn't been available to buy for some reason :-? I reckon it'll easily be top 5 next week!
User avatar
martinp
Legend
 
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002
Location: London

Postby Benjamin » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:29 pm

martinp wrote:It's only charted this low because from about Wednesday onwards the single hadn't been available to buy for some reason :-? I reckon it'll easily be top 5 next week!
Top 5 would be great :D Wooo
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 61455
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Thriller » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:01 pm

Yeah once the single version is on iTunes it'll be fine, they always sell well physically anyway. I reckon Top 5 is a possibility, Top 10 is a dead cert surely.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 73800
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby urbanmusik » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:34 pm

BanZai wrote:
martinp wrote:It's only charted this low because from about Wednesday onwards the single hadn't been available to buy for some reason :-? I reckon it'll easily be top 5 next week!
Top 5 would be great :D Wooo
Whole lotta history climbed from 83 to 6 so its possible. Though it is Christmas!
User avatar
urbanmusik
The College Dropout
 
Posts: 21210
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006
Location: Belfast

Postby Colin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:42 pm

urbanmusik wrote:
BanZai wrote:
martinp wrote:It's only charted this low because from about Wednesday onwards the single hadn't been available to buy for some reason :-? I reckon it'll easily be top 5 next week!
Top 5 would be great :D Wooo
Whole lotta history climbed from 83 to 6 so its possible. Though it is Christmas!
It will make the Top 5 easy.

But McFly will be worst competition. I hope GA beat them.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
User avatar
Colin
In The Zone
 
Posts: 25700
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005
Location: On The Metro.

Postby Skelofect » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:49 pm

I read somewhere they were tipped to be #2 but I agree I think the song could go top 5 with it being Christmas and all that it'd make people be willing to buy it more. Top 10 at least I'd think.
Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...
Skelofect
Legend
 
Posts: 23776
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002
Location: Home Sweet Vortex

Postby martinp » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:55 pm

col89 wrote:
urbanmusik wrote:
BanZai wrote:
martinp wrote:It's only charted this low because from about Wednesday onwards the single hadn't been available to buy for some reason :-? I reckon it'll easily be top 5 next week!
Top 5 would be great :D Wooo
Whole lotta history climbed from 83 to 6 so its possible. Though it is Christmas!
It will make the Top 5 easy.

But McFly will be worst competition. I hope GA beat them.
Hmm I dunno - the last time McFly released a song with the album already out it got to #9 :lol:
User avatar
martinp
Legend
 
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002
Location: London

Postby Bhaggers » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:58 pm

Does anyone have the radio edit that anyone can PM me? I'd really appreciate it!
tell the others you've gone to sea...
User avatar
Bhaggers
Superstar
 
Posts: 9794
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006
Location: blue island

Postby VelvetFire » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:27 pm

Kimberley seriously sounds constipated
Yeah her vocals sound weird. But overall like the song and it stays in my head all day once i've heard it.
A poor excuse is better than none at all
User avatar
VelvetFire
Manager
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006
Location: Durham

Postby westhammer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Hopefully this will get Top 5. Anyone know how its doing?

Id say #3 would be a good bet, possibly #4, as Leona and Take That will most certainly be ahead of them
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
User avatar
westhammer
Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004

Postby martinp » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Currently at #7, not too bad considering not many downloads seem to have been added :-? I'm guessing they'll overtake McFly who are top 3 (they always tail off), and the Pogues who are just above and are just charting on downloads.
User avatar
martinp
Legend
 
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002
Location: London

Postby Thriller » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:10 pm

I read they're 500 copies away from #5 so I hope they'll be at least that come Sunday.
User avatar
Thriller
Moderator
 
Posts: 73800
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003
Location: UK

Postby jonjoe » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 pm

There 6# 200 away from top 5.

Songs now up to 75# in itunes top 100 and 7# in pop100
<333
jonjoe
Roadie
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006

Postby martinp » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Nope they're actually #7, I've got sales figures. The Pogues are at #6. Moving up itunes so hopefully they'll continue to rise!
User avatar
martinp
Legend
 
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002
Location: London

Postby westhammer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Seems kinda weird that the downloads have been muffed up! I thought this would be a comfortable Top 5 but what do I know! At least theyre getting played in the clubs anyway. None of the stuff from Chemistry managed that
You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er
User avatar
westhammer
Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004

Return to The Retro