Kelly Rowland - Like This (ft. Eve)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby cristy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:36 am

flowers wrote:like this on us itunes is at #74 and #82...if combined it's in the top30..
i dont think it's already peaked on the hot100..next week it could rise some spots
Let's hope so.
cristy
Superstar

Postby topopMAC1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Down to #19 in Australia!

She was only top 15 in the UK midweek but she's managed to climb back into the top 10 - four weeks inside the top 10 now - 5 weeks in the top 20! :D
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby topopMAC1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:05 pm

UK chart run:

19-4-5-8-10

This isn't going anywhere in a hurry! :D
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby Plym » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:06 pm

topopMAC1 wrote:UK chart run:

19-4-5-8-10
A month in the Top 10 is really good!
Plym
Take Care

Postby Colin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Plym wrote:

19-4-5-8-10
Doing very well! Better than Scooch. :lol:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Guru » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:31 pm

Plym wrote:

19-4-5-8-10
Well, come to think of it, yeah! 4 weeks in top 10! Not bad at all... Oh well, rather we look at the positive side of things! Right? :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Jark » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:56 pm

A new peak of 30 on the Hot 100! Up from 50 last week and it's previous peak was 47 8-)
Jark
Superstar

Postby Frederic » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 pm

That's great! :o :)
Frederic
Good Boy Gone Bad

Postby topopMAC1 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Jark wrote:A new peak of 30 on the Hot 100! Up from 50 last week and it's previous peak was 47 8-)
Ooh great! :D I was hoping it'd climb!
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby Aurelia » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 am

I really wished this song would go top 10.
Aurelia
Manager

Postby CanYouKeepUp » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:18 am

:O! A bit of hope for this song then! At least it cracked the Top40, just outpeaked Le-Toya's Torn too. Maybe it'll sustain the album for a couple of weeks at least, but she needs to get Comeback out a.s.a.p. to keep the album momentum.
CanYouKeepUp
Manager

Postby Guru » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:17 am

topopMAC1 wrote:
Jark wrote:A new peak of 30 on the Hot 100! Up from 50 last week and it's previous peak was 47 8-)
I guess we have the album launch to thank. Never saw this coming... not such a huge climb that is! I'm hoping that she will crack Top 20 but doubt it. But lets see...

And why, oh why, do we have to compare everyone with everyone??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Compare to illustrate something worthwhile, not fighting for chart peaks, etc.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Jark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:04 am

preyan wrote:
topopMAC1 wrote:
I guess we have the album launch to thank. Never saw this coming... not such a huge climb that is! I'm hoping that she will crack Top 20 but doubt it. But lets see...

And why, oh why, do we have to compare everyone with everyone??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Compare to illustrate something worthwhile, not fighting for chart peaks, etc.
I agree and to be honest comparing chart peaks in America is pretty useless because songs can spend a long time hovering around a certain number or can go in high and drop like a stone; its not like Britain at all! Anyway the song had a reasonable digital boost this week but airplay must be on the up too :D which hopefully means she can stay nice and high.
Jark
Superstar

Postby dereon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:22 am

OEEHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
dereon
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:24 am

She climbed thanks to the album sales.. that's the reason the downloads increased so much.

I expect a big fall next week.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby dereon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:29 am

BanZai wrote:She climbed thanks to the album sales.. that's the reason the downloads increased so much.

I Hope That You Are SO NOT Right! :x
dereon
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 am

dereon wrote:
BanZai wrote:She climbed thanks to the album sales.. that's the reason the downloads increased so much.

I Hope That You Are SO NOT Right! :x
Unfortunately, I might have to agree! But I just saw and she is #3 on iTunes R&B chart!!! Well, lets see :oops:
Guru
Guru

Postby dereon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Hmmmm Let's See Which Songs Are In The Top 10 :roll:

Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
Timbaland - The Way I Are

Who The HELL Could This Be In The Top 10 And " Like This " Not!! i Really Think She Really Gets No Chance In America... People Are Saying It's Matthew Knowles Fould!! That's Really Not True She Promoted It Very Much In Europe!! And She Also Promoted It In One Of The Biggests Shows In America!! By The Way How Could " Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar " Come In The Top 10 I Didn't Saw Any Promotion Of Them...??
Soooo I Think The Problem Is She Is 222222222 Underated !!!!!

Y'all Can See How Mad I Am, Really Can't Understand Why Such An Incredible Artist With A Classic Album Couldn't Even Sell 100.000 Copies In The First Week!!
It Should Be Over 500.000!
dereon
Legend

Postby Jark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:12 pm

dereon wrote:Hmmmm Let's See Which Songs Are In The Top 10 :roll:

Who The HELL Could This Be In The Top 10 And " Like This " Not!! i Really Think She Really Gets No Chance In America... People Are Saying It's Matthew Knowles Fould!! That's Really Not True She Promoted It Very Much In Europe!! And She Also Promoted It In One Of The Biggests Shows In America!! By The Way How Could " Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar " Come In The Top 10 I Didn't Saw Any Promotion Of Them...??

Y'all Can See How Mad I Am, Really Can't Understand Why Such An Incredible Artist With A Classic Album Couldn't Even Sell 100.000 Copies In The First Week!!
Calm down! If you're going to make examples of unworthy songs in the Top 10, dont pick on Timbaland :lol: His is one of the best! There's worse stuff, sh!t like Shop Boyz or whatever it is!
Jark
Superstar

Postby dereon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Jark wrote:

Calm down! If you're going to make examples of unworthy songs in the Top 10, dont pick on Timbaland :lol: His is one of the best! There's worse stuff, sh!t like Shop Boyz or whatever it is!
What Do You Mean... Do You Wanna Tell Me That Crap Timbaland Single Is Better Then " Like This "!
dereon
Legend

Postby Jark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:15 pm

dereon wrote:
Jark wrote:

What Do You Mean... Do You Wanna Tell Me That Crap Timbaland Single Is Better Then " Like This "!
Equally good, I'd say! Like This certainly isn't Kelly's best whereas The Way I Are definitely is Timbo's best. And the rock remix...thats somethin' else!!!
Jark
Superstar

Postby dereon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:21 pm

Jark wrote:
dereon wrote:
Jark wrote:

Equally good, I'd say! Like This certainly isn't Kelly's best whereas The Way I Are definitely is Timbo's best. And the rock remix...thats somethin' else!!!
Ok That's Your Taste.. I Really Can't Stand His Productions!! But Ok I Am Hating Now For Nothing I Just Gave An Example :wink: ... Only Thing i Know The World Is Changed In A Unbelieveble Negative Way!!The Thing That Hurted Me The Most In The Music Industry EVER Is That Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad Is A Masive Succes I Just Can't Believe That !! It Is Such A Crap Album!! And People Call It Her Best Are Y'all Kidding Me..! And People Are Saying That Kelly's Album Is Ok...
dereon
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:34 pm

Bottom line, America aint diggin' Like This right now!!! SO live with it!!! Kelly has an equal chance, just like everyone else!!!! :roll:

Surely her current charting should be an indication of something (not good)???
Guru
Guru

Postby Jark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm

preyan wrote:Bottom line, America aint diggin' Like This right now!!! SO live with it!!! Kelly has an equal chance, just like everyone else!!!! :roll:

Surely her current charting should be an indication of something (not good)???
I agree. #30 on the Hot 100 is really respectable, bearing in mind that in the US you need both downloads and radio support on your side, and it's building up sales as it's been hovering around the #50 mark for a while. She's been promoting so if America dont like it, they dont like it!

There's no need to get 'hurt' by Good Girl Gone Bad having big success :lol: I love it a lot and so do a lot of other people, but rihanna has always been more of a love/hate artist; it's just that a lot of people are loving her and her music right now, and good for her!
Jark
Superstar

Postby Colin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Well at least Like This jumped 20 places to make the Top 30, even if it does plummet again next week. That is a respectable number and not a flop.

Maybe it just wasn't America's cup of tea. Anyways, there's still plenty of hope for a Top 10, it just doesn't look like it will be Like This.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Return to The Retro