Celine Dion - Taking Chances [album]

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby revolta » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Maripol, you posted it twice. :wink:
In a heart full of dust
Lives a creature called lust
User avatar
revolta
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004
Location: :: bottle ::

Postby crazycool » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Click HERE to participate in the Celine Dion - Taking Chances Survivor :D
User avatar
crazycool
Legend
 
Posts: 15749
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007
Location: youkay

Postby ronny83 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:43 pm

New Celine Dion music video, "Alone":

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjM6QyOuDs
Celine Dion - Most Successful Artist Of The Decade in USA
User avatar
ronny83
Manager
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004

Postby Colin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
User avatar
Colin
In The Zone
 
Posts: 25700
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005
Location: On The Metro.

Postby ronny83 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 am

col89 wrote:Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
It IS an official one.
Celine Dion - Most Successful Artist Of The Decade in USA
User avatar
ronny83
Manager
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:13 am

ronny83 wrote:
col89 wrote:Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
It IS an official one.
Just double checked, it is official. Talk about lazy. :o

This must be the night of lazy videos, first Britney and now this.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
User avatar
Colin
In The Zone
 
Posts: 25700
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005
Location: On The Metro.

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:17 am

ronny83 wrote:
col89 wrote:Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
It IS an official one.
Just double checked, it is official. Talk about lazy. :o

This must be the night of lazy videos, first Britney and now this.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
User avatar
Colin
In The Zone
 
Posts: 25700
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005
Location: On The Metro.

Postby Star » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:27 am

Make a proper darned video woman!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
User avatar
Star
Sensational
 
Posts: 21818
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006
Location: Wet patch in middle of bed

Postby tj_club » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 pm

This album turned out to be slightly disappointing I think!

Only one proper video – then nothing!
User avatar
tj_club
Manager
 
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003

Postby Wayne » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:47 pm

tj_club wrote:This album turned out to be slightly disappointing I think!

Only one proper video – then nothing!
She can only do what the record company tells her, blame Sony BMG :wink:
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52745
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm

But they are just so cheap when it comes to Celine. Her record company are forever re-releasing something of hers. Have you seen the bonus CD from Costa for Taking Chances? It seems really pointless to have all those old songs on a bonus CD, that's what her greatest hits is for.
The Let's Talk About Love / Falling Into You / A New Day Has Come 3-CD set, why re-release that? Complete Best - Basically her old hits with a few Taking Chances tracks on. Ultimate Box - You buy all of these seperate...

Eyes On Me and Alone would have performed so much better with actual videos. They released Eyes On Me in the UK with no video and only one performance of it on An Audience With and that's why it ended up peaking at #113. It's such a great song too...
GRM
Manager
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007

Postby tj_club » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Well I think overall Celine’s English comeback was a BIG boring disappointment
User avatar
tj_club
Manager
 
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm

tj_club wrote:Well I think overall Celine’s English comeback was a BIG boring disappointment
I like a few of the songs on Taking Chances but it's not really a wow album.
I think her management are more interested in her tours than her album sales these days. It's been certified Platinum in the U.S, I think they're happy. Do you think there will be any more single releases?
GRM
Manager
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007

Postby Wayne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 pm

This album is dead now, end of. To say it was a dissapointment is an understatement, but that has nothing to do with her material, which IMO was her best since A New Day Has Come. At the end of the day, in a declining music market, in the global music market in particular where sales are down overall, all that matters nowadays is money. And NOBODY but NOBODY has made more money in the last 5 years in terms of concert grosses and album sale grosses coupled with other monetary income than Celine Dion, with the exception of the mega-bands U2 and the Rolling Stones. So naturally, the Record Company is interested more in the concerts, its where she makes all of her money now, I mean look at the figures:

Ireland for e.g. 64,000 fans at an average ticket price of £150 = £9.6million or $19million!! Celine gets to keep 75% of that herself and the record company the remaining 25% for themselves and to pay for Celine's staff. I THINK. Do not quote me :lol:

Whereas in comparison, she will have made roughly 9-10$ for the album sales. Which translates into around $6million. See the difference :wink:

Sony BMG and its divisions have never been interested in Celine vids though: Only Its All Coming Back to Me Now was expensive, supposedly $2.5million. I mean her biggest hit My Heart Will Go On cost........*drum roll*.......$50,000 :o

I am very curious to know Celine's ACTUAL worth and annual income, it FAR exceeds that of what is reported in the media. We can safely assume that she pocketed $300 million + profits from Vegas and the rest :o :o :o
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52745
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:17 pm

04wayne wrote:This album is dead now, end of. To say it was a dissapointment is an understatement, but that has nothing to do with her material, which IMO was her best since A New Day Has Come. At the end of the day, in a declining music market, in the global music market in particular where sales are down overall, all that matters nowadays is money. And NOBODY but NOBODY has made more money in the last 5 years in terms of concert grosses and album sale grosses coupled with other monetary income than Celine Dion, with the exception of the mega-bands U2 and the Rolling Stones. So naturally, the Record Company is interested more in the concerts, its where she makes all of her money now, I mean look at the figures:

Ireland for e.g. 64,000 fans at an average ticket price of £150 = £9.6million or $19million!! Celine gets to keep 75% of that herself and the record company the remaining 25% for themselves and to pay for Celine's staff. I THINK. Do not quote me :lol:

Whereas in comparison, she will have made roughly 9-10$ for the album sales. Which translates into around $6million. See the difference :wink:

Sony BMG and its divisions have never been interested in Celine vids though: Only Its All Coming Back to Me Now was expensive, supposedly $2.5million. I mean her biggest hit My Heart Will Go On cost........*drum roll*.......$50,000 :o

I am very curious to know Celine's ACTUAL worth and annual income, it FAR exceeds that of what is reported in the media. We can safely assume that she pocketed $300 million + profits from Vegas and the rest :o :o :o
She'll get a very small amount for album sales as she is just the voice - no writing or production credits. And her songs won't get many royalties because they aren't very big on airplay or digital downloads. Also, the record company have to pay the writers and producers which could be costly. She gets her money from touring. Especially from Live In Vegas, there were no travelling costs to pay as it was just in the one place which probably resulted in more money in Celine's pocket or paid the costs for Taking Chances.
GRM
Manager
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007

Postby greek_boy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:19 pm

has TC reached 1m in Europe?
User avatar
greek_boy
Legend
 
Posts: 30459
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006

Postby Wayne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:42 pm

greek_boy wrote:has TC reached 1m in Europe?
Yeah! Brunosilva gave figures earlier in the 'Taking Chances' topic :wink:
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52745
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 pm

A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

Complete the title of Céline Dion's 34th studio album, released in 2007: Taking -?

The answer given:

Flight.
irishguy28
 
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970

Postby Guru » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am

irishguy28 wrote:A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

Complete the title of Céline Dion's 34th studio album, released in 2007: Taking -?

The answer given:

Flight.
Chances damnit, chances! :lol:
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 25180
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Colin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:02 am

irishguy28 wrote:A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

Complete the title of Céline Dion's 34th studio album, released in 2007: Taking -?

The answer given:

Flight.
I have a better question: Why were you watching Eggheads? :lol:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
User avatar
Colin
In The Zone
 
Posts: 25700
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005
Location: On The Metro.

Postby Wayne » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 am

I am deeply offended! I watch the show a lot, and the one ****ing time I don't ****ing watch it, a question about Celine ****ing Dion comes up. Stupid skinny cow. :roll:


Ahhh rant over :lol:
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52745
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby crazycool » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:46 pm

^ :lol: <3!
User avatar
crazycool
Legend
 
Posts: 15749
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007
Location: youkay

Postby Wayne » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am

Looking back in this topic, you can clearly see how much I stanned for Celine - still do, but not as bad as I once did! :lol:

Anyway, looking back - this was a great album, accompanied by a great tour. I Got Nothin' Left is such a gem.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52745
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am

This album includes some great songs, I hope her new record will be as good as this one.
User avatar
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole
 
Posts: 14654
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008

Postby sambo9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm

04wayne wrote:Looking back in this topic, you can clearly see how much I stanned for Celine - still do, but not as bad as I once did! :lol:

Anyway, looking back - this was a great album, accompanied by a great tour. I Got Nothin' Left is such a gem.
I really like "I Got Nothin' Left", but why did they shift the key up? She sounds like a chipmunk. This (original) version is better.
User avatar
sambo9
Legend
 
Posts: 19247
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006

Return to The Retro