Celine Dion - Most Successful Artist Of The Decade in USA
ronny83
Manager

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:13 am

ronny83 wrote:
col89 wrote:Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
It IS an official one.
Just double checked, it is official. Talk about lazy. :o

This must be the night of lazy videos, first Britney and now this.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:17 am

ronny83 wrote:
col89 wrote:Darn, I thought it was going to be an official one. :(
It IS an official one.
Just double checked, it is official. Talk about lazy. :o

This must be the night of lazy videos, first Britney and now this.
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Star » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:27 am

Make a proper darned video woman!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Star
Sensational

Postby tj_club » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 pm

This album turned out to be slightly disappointing I think!

Only one proper video – then nothing!
tj_club
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:47 pm

tj_club wrote:This album turned out to be slightly disappointing I think!

Only one proper video – then nothing!
She can only do what the record company tells her, blame Sony BMG :wink:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm

But they are just so cheap when it comes to Celine. Her record company are forever re-releasing something of hers. Have you seen the bonus CD from Costa for Taking Chances? It seems really pointless to have all those old songs on a bonus CD, that's what her greatest hits is for.
The Let's Talk About Love / Falling Into You / A New Day Has Come 3-CD set, why re-release that? Complete Best - Basically her old hits with a few Taking Chances tracks on. Ultimate Box - You buy all of these seperate...

Eyes On Me and Alone would have performed so much better with actual videos. They released Eyes On Me in the UK with no video and only one performance of it on An Audience With and that's why it ended up peaking at #113. It's such a great song too...
GRM
Manager

Postby tj_club » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Well I think overall Celine’s English comeback was a BIG boring disappointment
tj_club
Manager

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm

tj_club wrote:Well I think overall Celine’s English comeback was a BIG boring disappointment
I like a few of the songs on Taking Chances but it's not really a wow album.
I think her management are more interested in her tours than her album sales these days. It's been certified Platinum in the U.S, I think they're happy. Do you think there will be any more single releases?
GRM
Manager

Postby Wayne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 pm

This album is dead now, end of. To say it was a dissapointment is an understatement, but that has nothing to do with her material, which IMO was her best since A New Day Has Come. At the end of the day, in a declining music market, in the global music market in particular where sales are down overall, all that matters nowadays is money. And NOBODY but NOBODY has made more money in the last 5 years in terms of concert grosses and album sale grosses coupled with other monetary income than Celine Dion, with the exception of the mega-bands U2 and the Rolling Stones. So naturally, the Record Company is interested more in the concerts, its where she makes all of her money now, I mean look at the figures:

Ireland for e.g. 64,000 fans at an average ticket price of £150 = £9.6million or $19million!! Celine gets to keep 75% of that herself and the record company the remaining 25% for themselves and to pay for Celine's staff. I THINK. Do not quote me :lol:

Whereas in comparison, she will have made roughly 9-10$ for the album sales. Which translates into around $6million. See the difference :wink:

Sony BMG and its divisions have never been interested in Celine vids though: Only Its All Coming Back to Me Now was expensive, supposedly $2.5million. I mean her biggest hit My Heart Will Go On cost........*drum roll*.......$50,000 :o

I am very curious to know Celine's ACTUAL worth and annual income, it FAR exceeds that of what is reported in the media. We can safely assume that she pocketed $300 million + profits from Vegas and the rest :o :o :o
Wayne
Administrator

Postby GRM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:17 pm

04wayne wrote:This album is dead now, end of. To say it was a dissapointment is an understatement, but that has nothing to do with her material, which IMO was her best since A New Day Has Come. At the end of the day, in a declining music market, in the global music market in particular where sales are down overall, all that matters nowadays is money. And NOBODY but NOBODY has made more money in the last 5 years in terms of concert grosses and album sale grosses coupled with other monetary income than Celine Dion, with the exception of the mega-bands U2 and the Rolling Stones. So naturally, the Record Company is interested more in the concerts, its where she makes all of her money now, I mean look at the figures:

Ireland for e.g. 64,000 fans at an average ticket price of £150 = £9.6million or $19million!! Celine gets to keep 75% of that herself and the record company the remaining 25% for themselves and to pay for Celine's staff. I THINK. Do not quote me :lol:

Whereas in comparison, she will have made roughly 9-10$ for the album sales. Which translates into around $6million. See the difference :wink:

Sony BMG and its divisions have never been interested in Celine vids though: Only Its All Coming Back to Me Now was expensive, supposedly $2.5million. I mean her biggest hit My Heart Will Go On cost........*drum roll*.......$50,000 :o

I am very curious to know Celine's ACTUAL worth and annual income, it FAR exceeds that of what is reported in the media. We can safely assume that she pocketed $300 million + profits from Vegas and the rest :o :o :o
She'll get a very small amount for album sales as she is just the voice - no writing or production credits. And her songs won't get many royalties because they aren't very big on airplay or digital downloads. Also, the record company have to pay the writers and producers which could be costly. She gets her money from touring. Especially from Live In Vegas, there were no travelling costs to pay as it was just in the one place which probably resulted in more money in Celine's pocket or paid the costs for Taking Chances.
GRM
Manager

Postby greek_boy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:19 pm

has TC reached 1m in Europe?
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Wayne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:42 pm

greek_boy wrote:has TC reached 1m in Europe?
Yeah! Brunosilva gave figures earlier in the 'Taking Chances' topic :wink:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby irishguy28 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 pm

A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

Complete the title of Céline Dion's 34th studio album, released in 2007: Taking -?

The answer given:

Flight.
irishguy28

Postby Guru » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am

irishguy28 wrote:A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

Complete the title of Céline Dion's 34th studio album, released in 2007: Taking -?

The answer given:

Flight.
Chances damnit, chances! :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby Colin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:02 am

irishguy28 wrote:A question on yesterday's edition of BBC Two quizshow, Eggheads:

The answer given:

Flight.
I have a better question: Why were you watching Eggheads? :lol:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Wayne » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:06 am

I am deeply offended! I watch the show a lot, and the one ****ing time I don't ****ing watch it, a question about Celine ****ing Dion comes up. Stupid skinny cow. :roll:

Ahhh rant over :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby crazycool » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:46 pm

^ :lol: <3!
crazycool
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am

Looking back in this topic, you can clearly see how much I stanned for Celine - still do, but not as bad as I once did! :lol:

Anyway, looking back - this was a great album, accompanied by a great tour. I Got Nothin' Left is such a gem.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am

This album includes some great songs, I hope her new record will be as good as this one.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby sambo9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm

04wayne wrote:Looking back in this topic, you can clearly see how much I stanned for Celine - still do, but not as bad as I once did! :lol:

Anyway, looking back - this was a great album, accompanied by a great tour. I Got Nothin' Left is such a gem.
I really like "I Got Nothin' Left", but why did they shift the key up? She sounds like a chipmunk. This (original) version is better.
sambo9
Legend

Return to The Retro