That's Where You Take Me :cry:
pollei
Legend

Postby swiftie13 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

pollei wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:What is it?
When I get the album I'll watch out for that track :wink:
God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.
swiftie13
Legend

Postby pollei » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:15 am

swiftie13 wrote:
pollei wrote:
swiftie13 wrote:What is it?
When I get the album I'll watch out for that track :wink:
You should. It's my most played Britney track ;)
pollei
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:26 am

This is her most nostalgic era for me, I love the edginess of this record! 8-) 8-)
GetBack
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:05 am

My good god! I cannot never forget i played Overprotected almost about a million times everyday while singing it as loud as possible... The whole fiasco came to an end when my neighbor called me on the phone and literally told me to shut the hell up lollllll

Overprotected is pure genius!
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:18 pm

oaknuys wrote:My good god! I cannot never forget i played Overprotected almost about a million times everyday while singing it as loud as possible... The whole fiasco came to an end when my neighbor called me on the phone and literally told me to shut the hell up lollllll

Overprotected is pure genius!
LOL :lol: . . . But yeah, "Overprotected" is definately one of Britney's best and most perfect singles. I would even go as far as placing it as one of Britney's 5 best singles ever.

Can we take a moment to praise the track "Lonely"? , one of the strongest ones on the record for sure. 8-)
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Noahh » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:00 am

MrLeonix wrote:Can we take a moment to praise the track "Lonely"? , one of the strongest ones on the record for sure. 8-)
Absolutely!! :D
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:18 am

Lets also appreciate this masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsJir4zKs_s

"When I found you" was not included on the US version of "Britney" but it was included on nearly every international edition of the album and to this date I still think its one of Britney's most stunning recordings. This song is inside my personal top 50 Britney songs.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am

MrLeonix wrote:Lets also appreciate this masterpiece:

"When I found you" was not included on the US version of "Britney" but it was included on nearly every international edition of the album and to this date I still think its one of Britney's most stunning recordings. This song is inside my personal top 50 Britney songs.
It's in my edition, I was surprised she cut three great songs in the US version. :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 pm

GetBack wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:Lets also appreciate this masterpiece:

It's in my edition, I was surprised she cut three great songs in the US version. :D :D
Its in my edition as well (I'm from Latin America) :D

Yep I agree. This album is very solid, but my only problem is that there are a couple of songs that despite being cool could've been replaced. "I love Rock N roll" was unnecessary especially when she had the masterpiece "Before the goodbye" and track 9 "Let me be" is inferior to "I run away". About "Thats where you take me", I think is actually a very good song I like it a lot but I prefer "When I found you" to it to be honest. But I'm glad they still added those songs as bonus tracks and didn't let them unreleased.

The overall album is very good pop. 9 tracks on it are very solid ("I'm a slave 4 U", "Overprotected", "Lonely", "I'm not a girl not yet a woman", "Boys", "Anticipating", "Cinderella", "Bombastic love" and "Thats where you take me") and the 3 bonus / international tracks ("When I found you", "Before the goodbye" and "I run away") are masterpieces.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jrnleblanc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:42 pm

This is her girliest album, it's basically her 'True Blue'.

Britney was the last album where she marketed her music to girls before branding herself as a 'gay diva' with ITZ.
jrnleblanc
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:57 pm

jrnleblanc wrote:This is her girliest album, it's basically her 'True Blue'.

Britney was the last album where she marketed her music to girls before branding herself as a 'gay diva' with ITZ.
I agree this is a heavily girly album, her girliest perhaps. She indeed ventured herself into more Gay territory afterwards, but she never went Gay radical like Gaga, Kylie or Cher. The female audience always remained an important core for her career and music, she is more of a Girls / Gays artist equally. "In the zone" still included songs about boys, female masturbation and girl power, lets not forget the Girl power anthems on "Circus" like "Womanizer" or "Shattered Glass" and flirthy songs like "Leace & Leather" and her "Femme Fatale" album which is definately a girls' album, one of her girliest as well for sure.

I'd say her albums have been marketed mainly to these audiences:

- Baby one more time: Kids, Teens and Girls
- Oops I did it again: Teens and Girls
- Britney: Girls
- In the zone: Girls / Gays
- Blackout: Gays
- Circus: Girls / Gays
- Femme Fatale: Girls
- Britney Jean: Gays
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby SocietysBoy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Really? Idk, I remember all the boys from my school bopping to Blackout and Circus back in the day
SocietysBoy
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:16 am

SocietysBoy wrote:Really? Idk, I remember all the boys from my school bopping to Blackout and Circus back in the day
I also remember that while I was at high school it didn't matter which gender you were or your sexual orientation, I remember many boys listened to Britney as well, she and Eminem were pretty much the most popular acts at my school in general. It started to be a "gay thing" as soon as I started College / University. I guess its because teenagers (no matter the gender) also liked her but grown up men not much.

Most girls I know from 15 to 30 like Britney tho. Here in Latin America she's very liked.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 am

I have so many good memories dating back to this album (actually Britney first 4 albums).
For me, this one and In The Zone are her best albums, although I also LOVE Blackout. Maybe I'm just placing the first ones higher due to nostalgic reasons :lol:
I'm a Slave 4 You is so sexy and she was like the hottest woman on Earth!
I also LOVE overprotected and played it to death back in the day and could never really get enough of it.
I'm Not a girl not yet a woman video used to be played like every 5 minutes here in Brazil so it was impossible not to love it as well.
I love this album!
BodyShop
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:09 am

Well she was everywhere with this era.

First, you couldn't turn MTV on without watching "I'm a slave 4 U" at #1 on every countdown they had, and all of the videos being played 24/7 on MTV. This era was also long with many singles and music videos but apart of that she was just everywhere, she had a deal as the image of Sketcher, she had her deal with Pepsi and its commercials, she had a promotional song and commercial for the Football world cup through Pepsi, she released her first film "Crossroads" and she also had a cameo on the Austin Powers film, she was on every award and TV show, interviews and documentaries everywhere, her relationship with Justin was in every magazine, there was the tour, etc, etc . . . then you went to school and everyone was talking about her: "Did you watch her new video?", "Did you see what she did at the VMAs"?, "Do you prefer Britney or Xtina?" etc, etc . . . . You just couldn't escape from her :lol: She topped the Forbes list with this era.

Two of the singles stand out for me. "I'm a slave 4 U" is pure classic Britney, not to mention it was one of her career defining moments and the music video is stunning and legendary and "Overprotected" which IMO is one of her best and most perfect singles ever.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:21 am

Yes, Overprotected is pop heaven. It's infectious! I love it to this day
BodyShop
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 am

This was definitely one of the best times to be a Britney fan.

The promo was on point, the Vegas concert was brilliant, the VMA performance was memorable and the album was amazing!

I didn't even pay attention to the low chart placements in the US (which we all know why) since she was everywhere.
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:32 pm

This album has what is probably Britney's most underrated single of her entire career which is "Overprotected", while the song reached the top 10 in several countries back in the day the truth is that after that it fell into forgotten status, Britney rarely performed it ever since, little is mentioned about it these days, it wasn't even included on the main tracklist of "The singles collection" and unlike many of her early years hits its not on her classics status singles and its not performed on her "Piece of me show" either despite being one of her Grammy nominated songs. Her most criminally underrated single.

The song is epic and no kidding one of the 5 best singles of her entire career, one of the most perfect pop songs of the 00s scene with a stunning vocal performance Britney provided to it (probably Britney's best vocal performance for an uptempo song), the original music video for the album version is also heavily underrated, I think she looks stunning on it and the black outfit is one of her best looks in a music video, on the other hand I find everything about the Darkhild version and video overrated.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Bloody love this album. The album tracks are perfect and I think Lonely, Cinderella and Boombastic Love could have been big hits.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Inspired to listen to this because of the thread. I remember every beat but can't remember lyrics :lol:

Growing up my CD didn't have I Run Away. I love it! I LOVE Britney but was never interested in b sides or unreleased stuff - if it's on the album I'd listen.

But I'm on Spotify now, as CDs are a thing of the past. So IRA is now on the album, and I love it. Except for the distortion on her 'big' vocal at the end.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:52 am

I actually love the vocal distortion at the end of "I Run Away". :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:09 am

It sounds like they're trying to cover up her lack of vocals, but she could easily pull the full vocal for that bit off.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 am

The bonus tracks "Before the goodbye", "I run away" and "When I found you" are masterpieces.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:02 am

menime123 wrote:It sounds like they're trying to cover up her lack of vocals, but she could easily pull the full vocal for that bit off.
I think they just did it for the atmospheric effect, Britney's vocals for her first four albums were actually really strong.
GetBack
Legend

Return to The Retro