Britney Spears | Britney

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby GetBack » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:02 am

menime123 wrote:It sounds like they're trying to cover up her lack of vocals, but she could easily pull the full vocal for that bit off.
I think they just did it for the atmospheric effect, Britney's vocals for her first four albums were actually really strong.
GetBack
Legend

Postby arab » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:33 pm

MrLeonix wrote:The bonus tracks "Before the goodbye", "I run away" and "When I found you" are masterpieces.
Thank God, WIFY is a standard track on european version of the album. Agree all 3 songs are fab, esp I Run Away. Overall, I find Britney as her worst album to date. That's Where You Take Me is horrible as fukc. It should have never been recorded by any artist. Can't decide what song is worse - this one or Dear Diary...
arab
Coldplayer

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:35 am

This album is actually one of her best ever!
GetBack
Legend

Postby MrDiva » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:40 am

arab wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:The bonus tracks "Before the goodbye", "I run away" and "When I found you" are masterpieces.
Thank God, WIFY is a standard track on european version of the album. Agree all 3 songs are fab, esp I Run Away. Overall, I find Britney as her worst album to date. That's Where You Take Me is horrible as fukc. It should have never been recorded by any artist. Can't decide what song is worse - this one or Dear Diary...
I bet you meant Britney Jean being her worst. How on earth in 'Britney' her worst album? It's superior to both Bomt and Oidia and definitely to BJ! Maybe even to Circus.
LIKE VICTORIA FOX ON FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaFoxNow/
Follow me on Instagram @mrdeeva
MrDiva
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:38 pm

MrDiva wrote:I bet you meant Britney Jean being her worst. How on earth in 'Britney' her worst album? It's superior to both Bomt and Oidia and definitely to BJ! Maybe even to Circus.
He actually stans for "Britney Jean" and says its a great album :lol:

Regarding "Thats where you take me", I think its a nice / cute song, better than the entire BJ album :wink:
Last edited by MrLeonix on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Great record. I underrated it for a long time. This was the first time where Brit began to experiment with different styles and genres, even though Oops!..., which I actually prefer to this, is also very good.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Yoshie wrote:Great record. I underrated it for a long time. This was the first time where Brit began to experiment with different styles and genres, even though Oops!..., which I actually prefer to this, is also very good.
Yep, She evolved / upgraded her sound with this one and incorporated other genres such as R&B, Pop-Rock and Neo-Disco.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby arab » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

MrDiva wrote:
arab wrote:
I bet you meant Britney Jean being her worst. How on earth in 'Britney' her worst album? It's superior to both Bomt and Oidia and definitely to BJ! Maybe even to Circus.
No, Britney is my least fav album :wink: I have problem with ranking her albums. My fave is Blackout, ITZ at runner-up position and Britney at 8. The rest depends on my current mood :lol:
There are few classics (still stanning hard for Overprotected-original version), but there are too many fillers IMO. Don't like Boys (single version is fire), Anticipating (cheesy, quite embarrassing tune), Let Me Be (weak imitation of R'n'B) and mentioned That's Where You Take Me. Loney is 50/50. The rest is great or fab :wink:
arab
Coldplayer

Postby Yoshie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't like Anticipating or her cover of I Love Rock n' Roll.

I enjoy everything else, and as Leonix said the three bonus songs are fantastic and should've replaced these two tracks for me; they work with the remainder of the record better than A or ILRNR which I think sound out of place.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:29 pm

I never got the hate "Anticipating" receives, for me its even one of the highlights of the album, a cute fresh song from Britney exploring with Neo-Disco plust fits the era and the album very well.

I agree with "I love Rock and Roll" being unecessary on the tracklist tho. I never liked "Let me be" that much either and I find "What its like to be me" overrated by her fans.

From Best to worst, I'd rank the tracks like this:

1. Overprotected
2. Cinderella
3. I run away
4. Before the goodbye
5. Lonely
6. When I found you
7. Bombastic love
8. I'm a slave 4 U
9. Anticipating
10. I'm not a girl not yet a woman
11. Boys
12. Thats where you take me (Until this is the decent part)

this is the weak part:

13. What its like to be me
14. I love Rock N Roll
15. Let me be

"Before the Goodbye" should have replaced "What its like to be me", "I Run away" should have replaced "I love Rock N Roll" and "When I found you" should have replaced "Let me be" on the standard edition.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Ivica » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Highlights:
Let Me Be
Overprotected
Cinderella
I Run Away
Before The Goodbye
Lonely
When I Found You
Bombastic Love
I'm a Slave 4 U

these are good ones
What It's Like To Be Me
Boys (video version)
I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
I love Rock N Roll
That's Where You Take Me

filler
Anticipating

this is only Britney's album which doesn0t have standout album track/s, like Breathe On Me, Unusual You, etc..
Ivica
Legend

Postby Thriller » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:09 pm

"Cinderella" should've been a single instead of bloody "I Love Rock N Roll". One of the best album tracks she ever did.
Thriller

Postby GetBack » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:19 am

The remix of "Boys" made the song really better than the original!
GetBack
Legend

Postby larces » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Thriller wrote:"Cinderella" should've been a single instead of bloody "I Love Rock N Roll". One of the best album tracks she ever did.
GetBack wrote:The remix of "Boys" made the song really better than the original!
+1 to both!
larces
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:52 am

This album never gets old for me!
GetBack
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:01 pm

This album revolves around Overprotected! One of her best ever songs. I confess i played it thousands times by the time i thought my ears were about to bleed lol ..by the way, darkchild ruined it altogether while the original album version happens to be Utterly brilliant.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Qween » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 pm

I used to love this album so much back in the day.
Let Me Be and Overprotected >>>>>>
Two of her best songs ever.
Throwin' shade cause I'm paid, laid and I'm curvy...
Qween
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Oh no no no no. I'm gonna have to be the stan for ILRAR then because I bloody love it. Sexy vocal alert. Although random choice considering the death of the jukebox.

She really needed at least 2 more singles from this. There isn't a bad song. In fact the only negative about the whole album is the artwork :lol:

Actually I'll have to say the original Boys is crap, but they knew it and corrected their mistake. Not many people do that! :lol:

Love Lonely, Anticipating and Cinderella.

Basically. I miss this Britney.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Westen » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:34 pm

I loved this album back in the day and I still enjoy it a lot.

I cant listen anything outside Britney-ITZ-Blackout anymore except for few singles
Westen
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:13 am

"Lonely", "What It's Like To Be Me" and "Before the Goodbye" are three of my all-time favorite Britney songs. Plus, she absolutely KILLED Lonely and WILTBM on the DWAD Tour. The dancing was out of this world.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:38 am

There's is no filler song here.
GetBack
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:02 am

GetBack wrote:There's is no filler song here.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby theArmy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:34 pm

omggg, you guys made me re-discover LONELYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I ADORED THAT SONG !!!! :D :D :D :D :cry:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby theArmy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:01 pm

BETTER OFF ALONE N I WON'T TURN BAKK
U THOUGHT THAT I'D BE LONELEEEEEEH
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "BRITNEY"

14 years ago, "Britney" was released in Europe! It has sold 11 to 15 million records worldwide and it reached #1 in the US, Canada Austria, Switzerland, Germany & Israel and it gave us some of Britney's best gems like "Cinderella", "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman", "Bombastic Love", "Before The Goodbye" and her singature song "I'm a Slave 4 U" - Wow! I cannot believe that my favourite album by Britney turned 14 today!!!

#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to The Retro