Beyoncé - 4

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby hellohello » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Dance For You is a thousand times better than Lay Up Under Me and Schoolin' Life.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Postby Noahh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:56 pm

intosoul wrote:
abi wrote:
I wish there was a radio edit for this song somewhere too. The 3rd verse on the album version is unnecessary and waay too long.
You. Are. So. Crazy. Right. Now.
Every second of this song is heavenly bliss !!!!
THISSS!!!

No-one should ever make a shorter edit of this sensual masterpiece.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby intosoul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Noahh wrote:
intosoul wrote:
abi wrote:
I wish there was a radio edit for this song somewhere too. The 3rd verse on the album version is unnecessary and waay too long.
You. Are. So. Crazy. Right. Now.
Every second of this song is heavenly bliss !!!!
THISSS!!!

No-one should ever make a shorter edit of this sensual masterpiece.
I wish this and "1 + 1" didn't have visuals.
intosoul
Superstar

Postby Guru » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm convinced this is my fave era ever, sound wise.
I appreciate her last 2 albums but this is something special. Not into the popular urban jams like Party which I see a lot of people like but Love On Top, Dance For You, the woman anthem RTW, and my ultimate vocal anthem 1+1 :P

Watching the Roseland DVD music videos now :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Hugo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:49 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Jesper » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Cute cover by Leona
Jesper
Legend

Postby Guru » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Was it ever revealed why Live In Roseland excluded the only song on the album, Start Over
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 am

Guru wrote:Was it ever revealed why Live In Roseland excluded the only song on the album, Start Over
Idk why she's never performed it. Maybe it's too much vocally live or something. She is belting the whole song damn near lol.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 am

I mean, "Start Over" shouldn't be a problem when she kept performing "Listen" every damn night on The Beyonce Experience & I Am... World Tour. I guess she just doesn't like the song (?).
abi
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 am

abi wrote:I mean, "Start Over" shouldn't be a problem when she kept performing "Listen" every damn night on The Beyonce Experience & I Am... World Tour. I guess she just doesn't like the song (?).
Idk the only song she doesn't seen to like is Lay Up Under Me, she even excluded it from the re-release :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 am

Jesper wrote:
abi wrote:I mean, "Start Over" shouldn't be a problem when she kept performing "Listen" every damn night on The Beyonce Experience & I Am... World Tour. I guess she just doesn't like the song (?).
Idk the only song she doesn't seen to like is Lay Up Under Me, she even excluded it from the re-release :lol:
Idk why :cry: . That's my shit lol
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 am

I don't even remember how "Lay Up Under Me" sounds like nor I do realize it's been removed from the re-release so I think she made the right choice. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:10 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Idk why :cry: . That's my shit lol
It's a bop and I was dissapointed to see her excluding it, atleast we have the original deluxe versions that have it included

abi wrote:I don't even remember how "Lay Up Under Me" sounds like nor I do realize it's been removed from the re-release so I think she made the right choice. :lol:
:lol: But it was an odd move, Bey is Queen of odd re-releases and adding a lot of random stuff, so to see her excluding one of the tracks seems odd. But I guess it was the start of TrollYoncé, because she also never released Grown Woman as actual track, only as video and Standing On The Sun never got a release of the original version, yet we got the remix on the More EP :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby abi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:48 am

Wait, did they just re-arrange the tracklist again on her Spotify? Because I could've swore the album started with "Love On Top" when I first saved the album from Spotify but now it's back to "1+1" again a.k.a the original tracklist.

Anyway, I was just playing this album again from start to finish and urggghhh it's such a damn great album. It's definitely between this or Self-titled as her best album for me.

No matter how many times I call out "Best Thing I Never Had" for being basic, it is still such a good jam and I still remember all the words from the bottom of my heart. Also, I was just listening to "Lay Up Under Me" for the first time in 32058 years and I actually think the song is pretty cute. :lol: Also, is it just me or the melody kind of resemblances Michelle's "We Break The Dawn" in some parts?

Edit: Wait ok so, apparently when you search "4 Beyonce" on Spotify, the re-arranged version of the album pops out with "Love On Top" as the first track BUT when you click to her profile and choose the album section, the original version with "1+1" as the first track appears instead. Weird. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 am

1+1 the album opener on the original.
LOT the album opener on the revised tracklist.
Guru
Guru

Postby ludichris » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 am

The revised tracklist is WAY better. How are you going to start an album with a stripped down ballad and end it with a noisy uptempo. Who does that?
ludichris
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:44 am

This is in Retro????

hellohello wrote:Dance For You is a thousand times better than Lay Up Under Me and Schoolin' Life.
!!!!!!!!
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Spotify's like

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

I was listening to "Schoolin' Life" and the first line struck me with so much nostalgia.

This is for them 20-somethings
Time really moves fast, you were just sixteen

I was 16 when 4 was released; now I'm a 20-something. :lol: :cry:
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:30 pm

Ooops not a "flop" album outstreaming many albums with actual hits from 2011. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:57 pm

I need more EOT songs from her.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 pm

menime123 wrote:I need more EOT songs from her.
same
Jesper
Legend

Postby Hugo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 am

I'll always be thankful she released this album in the apogee of that terrible EDM phase.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Guru » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Hugo wrote:I'll always be thankful she released this album in the apogee of that terrible EDM phase.
Guru
Guru

Postby MrDiva » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

I was too young this when it came out
It kinda was too... sophisticated ? For me

I kinda grew with this album and I use certain tracks from it a ton since 2017
MrDiva
Legend

Return to The Retro