Madonna - Bedtime Story

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby GaGarazzi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 am

Only discovered this song about a month ago, but I think it's brilliant! I love how it forshadowed the direction of Ray Of Light (my favourite album ever).
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

My favorite lyrics are:

Words are useless
Especially sentences
They don't stand for anything
How could they explain how I feel
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby Gravity » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Bedtime Stories is my favorite Madonna album. Every song on it is falwless, including this one.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby MrDiva » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:05 pm

this is one of her best five songs.
I absolutely LOVE it.

you defo hear the Björk thing :D
MrDiva
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:14 pm

I love the song and the music video is stunning, real modern art. :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Guru » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 am

If this is where Secrets is from, then I like it :P
And I think Take A Bow as well :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm

preyan wrote:If this is where Secrets is from, then I like it :P
And I think Take A Bow as well :-?
This is the thread of the single "Bedtime Story" not the album "Bedtime Stories".

But yeah, all, this single ("Bedtime Story"), "Secret", "Take a bow" and "Human Nature" are on the same album.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mikerocha » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:45 pm

jio wrote:L.U.V. it (although why she released it is beyond me). Absolutely great song and video. And probably a preview of what was about to come with her next album ("Ray Of Light")

TRIVIA: This was the first Madonna single after 33 consecutive singles spanning a period of 12 years which failed to crack the Billboard Top 40. Strangely, it was the follow-up to her biggest Billboard hit ever (Take A Bow). Even more weirdly, "Bedtime Story" was the highest peaking UK single from the "Bedtime Stories" album (#4 although it dropped like a rock), bringing her back in the Top 10 after "Take A Bow" stopped a series of 35 consecutive UK Top 10 hits spanning a period of 11 years :o
In the UK it was released the week she performed at the Brits, that's why it debut so high at #4.
The video wasn't even out yet, but her team did a good job releasing it the week she performed it.
Freddy DeMann knew how to do his job.
“B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:43 pm

The video is perfect, pure art and one of her best. I also love the song, it's kinda special, she could do more like this
I did not know the song for so long cause I don't think I heard it here in my childhood in Germany in opposite to Secret, Take a bow and Human Nature
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:13 am

Erotica wrote:The video is perfect, pure art and one of her best. I also love the song, it's kinda special, she could do more like this
I did not know the song for so long cause I don't think I heard it here in my childhood in Germany in opposite to Secret, Take a bow and Human Nature
That's why it's at the MOMA in NYC; good eye!
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm glad they didn't allow her to shoot the video in Turkey so that we have a masterpiece video in our hands. Brilliant song, brilliant video. She was miles ahead of her peers back in the day :(
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby MCUK » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 am

spiritboy wrote:I'm glad they didn't allow her to shoot the video in Turkey so that we have a masterpiece video in our hands. Brilliant song, brilliant video. She was miles ahead of her peers back in the day :(
I also bloody love the Bedtime Story video. What's this about it being filmed in Turkey?
There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey
MCUK
Roadie

Postby thebigham » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Spectacular video!!

thebigham
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:14 am

Wish her VEVO had all her music videos in better quality. The Warner video account is poor in quality. :-? :-?
GetBack
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:45 pm

My favourite video of hers alongside Bad Girl. The song itself is one of my favourite Madonna singles. It doesn't have much radio or commercial appeal, but its quality warrants it to have been a much bigger hit than it unfortunately was.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Marchum » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Still my favorite Madonna album. Timeless.
Marchum
Manager

Postby biscuits » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Yoshie wrote:My favourite video of hers alongside Bad Girl. The song itself is one of my favourite Madonna singles.
I’m exactly the same! My 2 favourite videos!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby RayRay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:25 pm

One of her best videos ever.

Also one of her best songs ever.

Loved when it was released on single and you had to buy two cd-singles to make the book complete. Such a great idea. :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 pm

This was so ahead of its time :(
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Did the Björk version ever leak? I believe the original lyrics are “let’s get unconscious on E”.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Return to The Retro