Madonna - American Life

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Xevi » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:40 am

What does everybody think of her new album? Personally, I think that, even though it may not be her best album, it's still an amazing, emotional and very beautiful album. My favourite tracks are "American Life", "Hollywood", "Nothing Fails", "Intervention" and "Mother and Father", but the rest are pretty good too!
Xevi
Manager

Postby Terence » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:39 am

From what I've heard, it rocks!

I saw her performing some of the tracks on MTV on Madonna Weekend yesterday and I was impressed!

"Nothing Fails", "Hollywood" and "X-Static Process" are really good tracks!

Aaaahhh.... can't wait to get it! :x
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby Liberty » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:16 am

I heard rumours that the album is full of techno-techy tracks...I don't really like listening to electronic duck quacking.

Is it true, then?
~ Whãt Plánèt Ârë Yõù Fröm? Âccúse Mè Ôf Thïngs Thãt Í Névèr Döne ~
Liberty
Superstar

Postby mickey » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:45 pm

guys there's already a topic for the LP here
~ You can never out train a poor diet! ~
mickey
Manager

Postby Xevi » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:50 pm

Liberty wrote:I heard rumours that the album is full of techno-techy tracks...I don't really like listening to electronic duck quacking.

Is it true, then?
No, it isn't. This is quite an acoustic and uplifting album, with equally pop-rock numbers and some dance tunes.
Xevi
Manager

Postby Muzikritik » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:28 pm

I've only just heard the single and I dunno what the fuss is all about, to be honest.
Muzikritik
Legend

Postby Mattstar » Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:49 am

OK, first of all the album will be massive in the first few weeks because after all, it is a new album from Madonna. But I don't think it will live up to the success of her previous albums "Music" and "Ray of Light". She hasn't earned much praise at all from music critics with this album. I remember reading a review last week that said "A 40-something mother of two should definitely avoid rapping", and I have to agree, although it does make the single interesting. They also said she should re-think her career direction.
Mattstar
Manager

Postby Hype » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:30 pm

Im downloadint it now i havent listened to any of it, cos im only half way through downloading the first track, american life, which i dont like anyway, but i wanna be openminded and give it a chance because Music was a good album
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby San » Thu May 01, 2003 4:22 am

I bought and it is OK, :roll:

OK, no it is crap I only like American Life and Die Another Day. :evil: I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!:cry:
San
Manager

Postby LostAvenger » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:02 pm

This could be planned as the 4th single from AL.

STEREOMOVER ON PETERRAUHOFER BOARD WROTE:

This is mostly for Startrash and...well, anyone who gives a shit.

Madonna-Easy Ride(Drive-in-drive-out mix)...has been completed.

However, i have no idea who did it, but it is slated to be released on the single this summer(i hate it when my friends can't "divulge any info. for fear of losing my job"...bla,bla,bla.)

A video is planned.
It sounds weird i know, but the remix has been commissionned.
I've started hearing things of this song being the final single off the album. M&F is still up in the air, but will be released.
Meanwhile, check out Akufen's "My Way" album and Dj Hell'S "EBM" album(double cd)...THAT'S music!

Peace.
S.

So glad this could get a release, this is one of M's most gorgeous songs ever... love the violins & the Don't Tell Me like music... great song to finish an album like "Gone" off "Music".
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby Terence » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:50 pm

This is absurd... :-?

How many rumours can there be at the same time?

Plans for releasing this, "Intervention", "Nothing Fails"... it's just confusing!

I guess she'd better not release anything - I love the song, but first of all it's not really single material, secondly it won't do well either... and thirdly, a new album would be a better idea!

Though I would love to see what she could come up with in the video!
Terence
Euro-trash Freak

Postby crazyman324 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:12 pm

:-?
crazyman324
The Ringleader

Postby LostAvenger » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:09 am

More news(looks like you will get Easy Ride :lol: and about the tour):

From stereomover:

Madonna hits the road in May.
Auditions start this weekend!

"Easy Ride" is final single (probably with Mother and Father remixes)...video is said to be of live performance.

No word on dates or name for the tour yet.
I will let you know.

The final single will be released internationally for all markets.
So..."Give it up, give it up, give it up!"

Peace.
S.

---

One more thing...the tour should include 32 shows in the States and 15 around europe.
Bookings are still not confirmed everywhere, but Toronto has her billed for August 4th.
Start saving now!

I, er...know someone who is attending the auditions today.

Also, Steve Klein is shooting the tour book.
Some of the images are being videotaped so they can be used on screens during the show.

Peace.
S.
LostAvenger
Legend

Postby Spinster » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:09 am

Easy Ride is ok as album wrapper but I don’t think it would work as a single…radio wouldn’t play it without serious remixing..
Spinster
Groupie

Postby alxx » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Just thought I'd bring this topic up because I've been listening to this album again. I absolutely adore it.
alxx
Legend

Postby j2o » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:21 pm

Yeah, a brilliant album. It's definitly one of the best from her whole career. Such a distinctive and unique sound. Nothing Fails, Love Profusion, Die Another Day, Nobody Knows Me to name a few - all brilliant! I don't knowif anyone has seen the performance of Nobody Knows Me on the I'm going to tell you a secret DVD, but it's incredible and worth a watch!
j2o
Roadie

Postby pussycatdollns » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:23 pm

j2o wrote:Yeah, a brilliant album. It's definitly one of the best from her whole career. Such a distinctive and unique sound. Nothing Fails, Love Profusion, Die Another Day, Nobody Knows Me to name a few - all brilliant! I don't knowif anyone has seen the performance of Nobody Knows Me on the I'm going to tell you a secret DVD, but it's incredible and worth a watch!
This is her most personal and honest album, and my favorite. I love Nothing Fails, X-Static Process, Mother and Father, Nobody Knows Me, Love Profusion, Intervention, and Easy Ride.

I adore this album as well. It got me through some tough times.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby Thriller » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 pm

How the hell did a Madonna album get so few replies? Did UKMIX have 4 members at that time or something?! :o
Thriller

Postby SholasBoy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Thriller wrote:How the hell did a Madonna album get so few replies? Did UKMIX have 4 members at that time or something?! :o
:lol: :lol: I know it's funny looking back at the old days and seeing how different things were, just a handful of replies, no fighting over who began the topic etc as this topic appears to have been created after the album release, not 18 months before with 100 pages :lol:
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:41 pm

SholasBoy wrote:
Thriller wrote:How the hell did a Madonna album get so few replies? Did UKMIX have 4 members at that time or something?! :o
:lol: :lol: I know it's funny looking back at the old days and seeing how different things were, just a handful of replies, no fighting over who began the topic etc as this topic appears to have been created after the album release, not 18 months before with 100 pages :lol:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Thriller » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:41 pm

LOL, these days I'd not be surprised to see a "Madonna Album 2020 (Just In Case It Happens Cos I Want To Start The Topic So Desperately)"
Thriller

Postby volver » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 am

04wayne wrote:
SholasBoy wrote:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

I liked this album but I can definetly see why it flopped.

Favortie tracks:

Die Another Day, Intervention, I'm So Stupid, and Nobody Knows Me.
volver
Legend

Postby jszmiles » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:09 am

SholasBoy wrote:
Thriller wrote:LOL, these days I'd not be surprised to see a "Madonna Album 2020 (Just In Case It Happens Cos I Want To Start The Topic So Desperately)"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jszmiles
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This album is brilliant. Love listening to it every now and then. I tend to like the acoustic-driven tracks the most.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby tada » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Yoshie wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This album is brilliant. Love listening to it every now and then. I tend to like the acoustic-driven tracks the most.
"Nothing Fails" and "X-Static process" belong to her best songs basically, personally i prefer its style more dancing on "COAD", one of her best effort :P
tada
Legend

Return to The Retro