Taylor Swift | Red

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby Yoshie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:40 pm

But I'm in town on Monday and watch them have it in stock for like £2.99. #justmyluck
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:42 pm

I shop in HMV Newcastle too! I've also seen the platinum fearless but NEVER the deluxe of Speak Now! :o How much was that?
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23215
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby Yoshie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:45 pm

It's funny, we could've walked or could walk passed each other at some point and have no idea. :lol:

The deluxe of SN was in the Sunderland store and they had like one. :lol: By the next week it was gone so somebody bought it, I don't remember how much it was. I bought the deluxe of Speak Now when it was first released for £14.99 and I wasn't even a Swiftie then. :lol: #King
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Yoshie wrote:It's funny, we could've walked or could walk passed each other at some point and have no idea. :lol:

The deluxe of SN was in the Sunderland store and they had like one. :lol: By the next week it was gone so somebody bought it, I don't remember how much it was. I bought the deluxe of Speak Now when it was first released for £14.99 and I wasn't even a Swiftie then. :lol: #King
I thought that :lol: Ultimately we will meet at the Taylor Swift section fighting for the same CD :lol:

Wow! If I wanted it brand new now, it would cost me over £52 on Amazon :lol: :cry:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23215
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby Storyteller » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:57 pm

ThatBieberSide wrote:
Yoshie wrote:It's funny, we could've walked or could walk passed each other at some point and have no idea. :lol:

The deluxe of SN was in the Sunderland store and they had like one. :lol: By the next week it was gone so somebody bought it, I don't remember how much it was. I bought the deluxe of Speak Now when it was first released for £14.99 and I wasn't even a Swiftie then. :lol: #King
I thought that :lol: Ultimately we will meet at the Taylor Swift section fighting for the same CD :lol:

Wow! If I wanted it brand new now, it would cost me over £52 on Amazon :lol: :cry:
Holy crap that exspensive, thank god I bought my copy when I did. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova
 
Posts: 13329
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012
Location: The Good Ol’ Boys Club

Postby GetBack » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:06 pm

She really got better with each album, but this one made me like the whole album. I wasn't too fond of the country songs before.
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 28958
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010
Location: Philippines

Postby Noahh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:19 am

I have this album and it's my only Taylor album.

Didn't pay for it though, to make that clear. I won it through some contest.
Played it once and now it's collecting dust.

This album does have some great songs though. Just a shame it's also filled with crap like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30977
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby oasisbobo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:08 am

After listening to 1989 I really have to give this a proper listen. :)
User avatar
oasisbobo
Legend
 
Posts: 14291
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006
Location: Glasgow

Postby Yoshie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:21 pm

My CD came today and it's a limited edition Argentinian version according to the cover. :lol: Lmao. #best£20everspent
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Biebz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 pm

*waits for Yoshie's review*
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23215
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby Yoshie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Don't have a review to give. Perf. 10/10. Simple as A-B-C.

However I will post my favourites later. :wink:

Noahh, I love ya brah, you are undeniably one of my favz on this forum, but you are on a slippery slope: you think We Are Never... is crap, you think Style is awful; I'm sure I could find other examples. :evil: :lol: It's a good job you rightfully think that Roman Reloadied is a mess and that you love the legendary, iconic masterpiece that is Body Language. :lol: :oops:

j/k lv ya xoxoxo
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Noahh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:54 am

And I love Chris Isaak, don't forget about him! :cry:

But yeah I still stand by what I said... WANEGBT and Style as crap!! This album does contain some great songs tho, gotta give her that.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30977
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby kushi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:41 am

This album is her Roman Reloaded. It's perfect.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
User avatar
kushi
Legend
 
Posts: 17545
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005
Location: #GrannyPatrol

Postby JimJim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:46 am

Yoshie wrote:Noahh, I love ya brah, you are undeniably one of my favz on this forum, but you are on a slippery slope: you think We Are Never... is crap, you think Style is awful; I'm sure I could find other examples. :evil: :lol:
I pretty much came to post exactly this :lol: :lol:
User avatar
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse
 
Posts: 26675
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008
Location: Melbourne, Aus

Postby Yoshie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:13 am

omfg
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby oasisbobo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I listened to half the album last night and I LOVE it! :D
User avatar
oasisbobo
Legend
 
Posts: 14291
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006
Location: Glasgow

Postby Yoshie » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 pm

One thing that surprised me about this record is how mellow and fragile a lot of it is.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby oasisbobo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:10 am

Yoshie wrote:One thing that surprised me about this record is how mellow and fragile a lot of it is.
That's one thing I like about it :)
User avatar
oasisbobo
Legend
 
Posts: 14291
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006
Location: Glasgow

Postby Yoshie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:47 am

I love Treacherous.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby DayFusion » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:47 am

GetBack wrote:She really got better with each album, but this one made me like the whole album. I wasn't too fond of the country songs before.
Couldn't agree more.
User avatar
DayFusion
Superstar
 
Posts: 5261
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013
Location: Brazil

Postby Yoshie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:36 pm

All Too Well is a masterpiece. It's definitely one of her greatest songs.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Alicepotter » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Yoshie wrote:All Too Well is a masterpiece. It's definitely one of her greatest songs.
Indeed, and her performance at Grammy >>>>>>>>> life
User avatar
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay
 
Posts: 24059
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011
Location: Panem

Postby Guru » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:17 am

Listening to this makes me miss country Swift :cry:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 24306
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby oaknuys » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:05 am

preyan wrote:Listening to this makes me miss country Swift :cry:
The string of singles released from this album is undoubtedly her best one! Each song is perfect indeed. Her country roots had perfectly matched with Max Martin's pop masterpieces. I kinda hope she do bring a little county flavor to her next album.

Bad Blood's video is superficial in a way that seems be somehow out of the place to her personality.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Postby Brunosbabe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 am

This was a good album, I think she didn't top it 1989. I think it can't come close to this one!
DANITY KANE
User avatar
Brunosbabe
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014

Return to The Retro