Avril Lavigne - Rock N Roll

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby theArmy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Brad wrote:I can't take Here's To Never Growing Up seriously. Who the hell sings Radiohead at the top of their lungs? :lol: It's not really possible.
I think I have a good explanation about using that bandname in the HTNGU lyrics

RADIOhead - Her label must've forced her and the other songwriters to write something that radio stations might be attracted to, if not music-wise, then lyrically. Just like ''Stereo Love'' from Gym Class Heroes & Adam Levine: My heart's a stereo / It beats for you, so listen close / Hear my thoughts in every no-o-o-te / Make me your radio.
It sounds just like what a typical US mainstream station would play.
I can even confirm my theory with the lyrics from ''Rock N Roll'': When it's you and me / We don't need no one to tell us who to be / We'll keep turnin' up the radio.
but both songs didn't do well on radio..... :oops: :lol:

...... or she just likes listening to ''Creep'' :wink:
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
User avatar
theArmy
Legend
 
Posts: 27002
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011
Location: Pop Heaven

Postby Gagich » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 pm

^^
Yeah, I also picked up on that, that the radio references in HTNGU and R&R are intentional in order to make radios more welcome to play the songs... :wink:
User avatar
Gagich
Drunk In Love
 
Posts: 23940
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011
Location: Back to G.O.A.T.

Postby Popsessed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 pm

So how's this doing? In my opinion it really is the best song she released in a veeeery long time!
Popsessed
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010

Postby samra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Randomly heard this playing at the gym and it was actually really good. :o

I've had it stuck in my head since yesterday.
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
User avatar
samra
Superstar
 
Posts: 9929
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011
Location: Azerbaijan

Postby Ivica » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

this song is so good, sad to see that it's not a hit.
User avatar
Ivica
Legend
 
Posts: 35590
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009
Location: Croatia

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm listening to this almost every day.... sad to see what Epic made out of this.... nothing :cry:
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
User avatar
joiPrince_JO
Legend
 
Posts: 10836
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011
Location: Austria

Postby hotMCfan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:59 am

This song is #1 in my own make believe charts!! I forced my friends to listen to it and their addicted now.
User avatar
hotMCfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 7244
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008

Postby GetBack » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:54 am

This song grew on me! So sad that this isn't a big hit.
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30816
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Noahh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:02 pm

GetBack wrote:This song grew on me! So sad that this isn't a big hit.
Same here.

The song grew on me big time but the song was already dead by then. :(

Still HATE the video though! :lol:
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 31105
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby hotMCfan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 am

I never get tired of this song!
User avatar
hotMCfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 7244
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008

Postby MrRager » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:56 am

nickf1 wrote:this song is so good, sad to see that it's not a hit.
It is Officially a big hit in Japan. #1 on iTunes! 8-) :wink:
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby hotMCfan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 am

I'm re-addicted to this. omg it's just so infectious. I'm banging my head in the office to this song right now.
User avatar
hotMCfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 7244
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008

Postby MrRager » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:22 am

hotMCfan wrote:I'm re-addicted to this. omg it's just so infectious. I'm banging my head in the office to this song right now.
YES! Did theArmys Promo on the Fav Members chart thread remind you of it's excellence?
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby hotMCfan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:29 am

MrRager wrote:
hotMCfan wrote:I'm re-addicted to this. omg it's just so infectious. I'm banging my head in the office to this song right now.
YES! Did theArmys Promo on the Fav Members chart thread remind you of it's excellence?
tbh yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
User avatar
hotMCfan
Superstar
 
Posts: 7244
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008

Postby ArmyOfMe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:01 am

An underrated classic :cry:
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 8497
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby MrRager » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:03 am

hotMCfan wrote:
MrRager wrote:
hotMCfan wrote:I'm re-addicted to this. omg it's just so infectious. I'm banging my head in the office to this song right now.
YES! Did theArmys Promo on the Fav Members chart thread remind you of it's excellence?
tbh yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
:lol: :lol: !!!
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17583
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby Alicepotter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:15 pm

still the best single of AL
User avatar
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay
 
Posts: 24059
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011
Location: Panem

Postby Biebz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Alicepotter wrote:still the best single of AL
Get the **** out you crazy bitch
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23478
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I totally loved this last year.. but now it sounds so dated and 2002-ish.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
User avatar
joiPrince_JO
Legend
 
Posts: 10836
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011
Location: Austria

Postby Carbon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:36 pm

very catchy, was addicted to it earlier this year. video horrible
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 23316
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby theArmy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:08 pm

SMASH

MrRager wrote:
hotMCfan wrote:
MrRager wrote:
hotMCfan wrote:I'm re-addicted to this. omg it's just so infectious. I'm banging my head in the office to this song right now.
YES! Did theArmys Promo on the Fav Members chart thread remind you of it's excellence?
tbh yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
:lol: :lol: !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: yesssssssss!!
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
User avatar
theArmy
Legend
 
Posts: 27002
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011
Location: Pop Heaven

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:49 pm

I heard it yesterday at the station and was singing along to it, it's still so fresh. :oops: I basically loved everything she released off this album.
User avatar
ArmyOfMe
Superstar
 
Posts: 8497
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014
Location: Milan

Postby DayFusion » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:04 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:An underrated classic :cry:
This. Such a modern classic. :cry:
User avatar
DayFusion
Superstar
 
Posts: 5261
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013
Location: Brazil

Postby Biebz » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:45 pm

ArmyOfMe wrote:I heard it yesterday at the station and was singing along to it, it's still so fresh. :oops: I basically loved everything she released off this album.
They played this on the radio?! :o Where do you live im moving there now!!
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23478
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby theArmy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm

ThatBieberSide wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:I heard it yesterday at the station and was singing along to it, it's still so fresh. :oops: I basically loved everything she released off this album.
They played this on the radio?! :o Where do you live im moving there now!!
Avril Lavigne FM
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
User avatar
theArmy
Legend
 
Posts: 27002
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011
Location: Pop Heaven

Return to The Retro