Hey guys, sorry to bring up this here, I posted it in the CA forum but no one answered and I am trying to make an essay about this and would love to be the most precise possible, so...
BlueScorpion wrote:I'd be MUCH thankful if any of our chart experts answered me a few of these question about Mariah's sales:
- Mariah Carey once was the female artist with most #1 songs on the US Radio (13 #1 hits). Does she still hold this record?
- Mariah Carey is well documented as being the highest selling international female artist in Japan. Does this apply to the entire Asia as well? I know she's quite popular in many Asian markets.
- According to some sources "Glitter" was the first ever soundtrack to top the albums chart in Japan. Didn't THE BODYGUARD by Whitney top it first?
- Is it true "We Belong Together" spent the most weeks at #1 on the Billboard Radio Chart, a record she still holds? (16 weeks)
- I did read somewhere "We Belong Together" was credited 7 times "Greatest Gainer Airplay", being the only song to do that on the Radio Chart. Is it true to this day?
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO WHOEVER ANSWERS ME THIS.