Total votes : 67

Postby skywalker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:24 pm

eternally12 wrote:
turbulent wrote:
SawyerHewitt wrote:Nope, 'cause I'd love her to do GRYMG too :lol:
Skip The star, sis.
Even Lil'Snowman would be better, tbh.
I would love the Star live if she even tried doing it live :oops:
She does most of it live, and her live parts are imo more pleasant than the studio version. She really has no excuse to lip any of it though :evil:
I guess a Mariah Carey song is extremely hard to sing, even for Mariah herself. :lol:
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby EAI » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm

The star is one of the easiest to sing power ballads ever recorded. She has 0 excuse.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Hoodriah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Jasmine just tweeted several throwback pics with Mariah.

Hoodriah
Roadie

Postby bm08 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Radio increase over the last week rather low, especially in comparison to streaming and download increases.

"Christmas" crowns Billboard's Holiday 100 chart for a 27th total week, dating to the chart's 2011 launch; no other song has led for more than two weeks. It reigns with 26 million in all-format radio airplay audience (up 11 percent), 16.5 million U.S. streams (up 60 percent) and 16,000 downloads sold (up 41 percent), according to Nielsen Music. It ranks at No. 16 on Streaming Songs, No. 19 on Digital Song Sales and No. 47 on Radio Songs.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... hart-moves
Digital sales total to 27,000 over the last two weeks.
bm08
Superstar

Postby ferrero » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks bm08! AIWFCIY will definitely cross 3.3m (finally) with next week sales.
ferrero
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm

ParisRiah>>>>>
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby Hoodriah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Melissa is there too
Hoodriah
Roadie

Postby allygdale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Skip The star, sis.
Lil snowman would slay live honestly :lol:
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Hoodriah wrote:Melissa is there too
Melissa is her assistant/manager I guess we are calling her now 8-)

She is being managed by RN though
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

delapuerta wrote:
allygdale wrote:
EAI wrote:
Maybe like Louise and Rachel were managers, nominally :lol:
Rachel has never been her manager
Neither has Louise but they all have the same function: assistant
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby delapuerta » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

I want to be that too haha
delapuerta
Manager

Postby bm08 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I've long said Mariah needs an entire team/company of managers to successfully handle her many ventures. Obviously, she'd still need a point person to handle day to day functions to get her from A to B, but she has broadened her brand sufficiently to require managers who are well versed in her different ventures.

Hopefully, there will be a careful tying together of everything so that there's a single narrative and strategy over all.

I am still more interested, though, in Mariah getting her label off the ground. I know this wont be for a while but it's going to be refreshing, for me, to see MC writing/producing for other talents again.
bm08
Superstar

Postby sweetdreams1983 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Sooooooo. I'm going to see Mariah on Sunday in Manchester. Does anyone know what time the show is likely to end? I'm trying to organise trains back to Liverpool, but the last train is just after 11pm. I reeeally do not want to miss hearing my all time favorite Christmas song live ( one of the many reasons I bought tickets haha) equally I don't want to be stranded in Manchester.
sweetdreams1983
Groupie

Postby murt94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

sweetdreams1983 wrote:Sooooooo. I'm going to see Mariah on Sunday in Manchester. Does anyone know what time the show is likely to end? I'm trying to organise trains back to Liverpool, but the last train is just after 11pm. I reeeally do not want to miss hearing my all time favorite Christmas song live ( one of the many reasons I bought tickets haha) equally I don't want to be stranded in Manchester.
It'll probably end at 10:45 I would book a hotel or get a bus tbh
My SENTFROMUPABOVE YouTube channel is back: https://www.youtube.com/user/sentfromupabove/videos SUBSCRIBE!
Follow me: https://twitter.com/Murtaza_Murad
murt94
Manager

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm

sweetdreams1983 wrote:Sooooooo. I'm going to see Mariah on Sunday in Manchester. Does anyone know what time the show is likely to end? I'm trying to organise trains back to Liverpool, but the last train is just after 11pm. I reeeally do not want to miss hearing my all time favorite Christmas song live ( one of the many reasons I bought tickets haha) equally I don't want to be stranded in Manchester.
If you wanna hit canal street til 4:30 with me, there’s a train at 4:50am? :lol:
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby sweetdreams1983 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 pm

murt94 wrote:
It'll probably end at 10:45 I would book a hotel or get a bus tbh
Cheers. Absolute nightmare though. the buses ( national express) seem to finish earlier than the trains. I have work the next morning so a stopover is out of the question haha. I'll probably have to drive and not drink ;(( thanks for your reply
sweetdreams1983
Groupie

Postby sweetdreams1983 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:
If you wanna hit canal street til 4:30 with me, there’s a train at 4:50am? :lol:
Haha sounds great. But because I'm an adult and I have to do adult things that is a no go hahaha. Such is life
sweetdreams1983
Groupie

Postby automaticprincess » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:39 pm

sweetdreams1983 wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:
Haha sounds great. But because I'm an adult and I have to do adult things that is a no go hahaha. Such is life
They’ve just changed the weather forecast to heavy snow on Sunday. Hopefully it won’t be any disruption to traveling to or out of manchester, that’s what I’m really worried about as UK trains gets easily affected by any weather changes.
Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....
automaticprincess
Roadie

Postby delapuerta » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm landing on Sunday in Manchester... crossed fingers
delapuerta
Manager

Postby LambChild » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Queen of Christmas literally bringing on a snowstorm to the UK amidst her own Christmas tour. Your favs could never!
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby sweetdreams1983 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:54 pm

automaticprincess wrote:
sweetdreams1983 wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:
They’ve just changed the weather forecast to heavy snow on Sunday. Hopefully it won’t be any disruption to traveling to or out of manchester, that’s what I’m really worried about as UK trains gets easily affected by any weather changes.
I think my only option will be to drive and to crawl home in the snow. Cancelling isn't an option, unless Mariah cancels. I couldn't live with myself :)
sweetdreams1983
Groupie

Postby sweetdreams1983 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm

LambChild wrote:Queen of Christmas literally bringing on a snowstorm to the UK amidst her own Christmas tour. Your favs could never!
I'm Irish so I'm hoping for some Irish luck to be thrown my way. That and a Christmas miracle lol
sweetdreams1983
Groupie

Postby Shaka » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Pawlu84 wrote:
turbulent wrote:I'm still enchanted by this performance.
Those ad-libbed inflections are ear candy <3
This performance always give me goosebumps.
The Xmas Washington performances were truly amazing.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 pm

turbulent wrote:
Skip The star, sis.
I would love the Star live if she even tried doing it live :oops:
She's doing it mostly live tho, and the live parts sound better than the studio vocals lol

GRYMG should be the opening song with the choir. She has removed C(BPCH) from the setlist so she has to replace it with another track, the show is too short according to lambs that have attended so I think cutting songs isn't cute.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Shaka
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion