Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Song vs. Song: The Distance vs. Skinny Legends (Round 2)

Poll runs till Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

The Distance
36%
Touch My Body
64%

Total votes : 121

Postby lambie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 am

skywalker wrote:
lambie wrote:All of these songs are great
but they are missing the IT factor
we need LA reid to get her back into the study to record a timeless song
LA Reid? I don’t think so. He did not want Mariah to do new music and he was the worst picking singles. A mess
dahhling this was a REFERENCE to TEOM era
Mimi had recorded the entire album and she submitted it to him- and he told her something was missing, the IT song
she went back and recorded WBT....

that's what I meant :roll:
lambie
Personal Assistant

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 am

OrangeClouds5 wrote:
skywalker wrote:
LA Reid? I don’t think so. He did not want Mariah to do new music and he was the worst picking singles. A mess
TD has IT and then some. It's fire! LA Reid don't have IT anymore.
+1
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby murt94 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 am

I love the distance apart from the cheesy intro and outtro. I think it's a fresh new sound for her. A banger!
Mariah Carey - "Butterfly" Acapella Short Cover by Murtaza
https://goo.gl/DdYU77
https://goo.gl/t1Qb5B
https://goo.gl/SDsfmA
murt94
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 am

lambie wrote:
skywalker wrote:
dahhling this was a REFERENCE to TEOM era
Mimi had recorded the entire album and she submitted it to him- and he told her something was missing, the IT song
she went back and recorded WBT....

that's what I meant :roll:
Yep, but that was 2005 :roll:
LA Reid lost it
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 am

I CANNOT @ the chosen photo.
BristolRiah come out to play
skywalker wrote:I can’t at the headline :lol: stan! :o

“The Distance” Is The Best Track From Mariah Carey’s ‘Caution’ LP Yet

The Caution era just gets better and better. A couple of days after revealing the stunning, breathtaking and (basically) life-changing cover of her 15th album, Mariah Carey applies a bit more pressure to our necks by dropping another perfect buzz track. In fact, “The Distance” is so good that it really should have been the lead single. Don’t get me wrong, “With You” is still that girl, but this Ty Dolla $ign-assisted mid-tempo is the Benjamin Buttons of Pop’s most instant and radio-friendly song in years.

Produced by the all-star team of Lido, Skrillex and Poo Bear, Mimi’s latest is a loved-up anthem from the refreshing perspective of a grown ass woman. “People saying what we have is over, but the hate only made us get closer,” the golden-voiced songbird coos on the chorus over retro beats straight from the ’90s. “Said we couldn’t go the distance (yeah), look at us, we’re going the distance.” Ty’s verse is also a nod to Mariah’s pioneering role in bringing rap features to pop radio.

After all, collaborations like “Breakdown” and “Heartbreaker” created the pop/rap hybrid that is still prevalent on radio today. At this rate, Caution (available to pre-order now) is shaping up to be Mariah’s best album in at least a decade. The Queen has well and truly got her groove back. Fall in love with “The Distance” below.
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby ferrero » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 am

Everyone so interested in Kween Mimi's income lol..every christmas everyone will be keying in words "royalties" + "aiwfciy" + "mechanical" + "performance" + "licensing" + "spotify royalties" on google to research :lol:
Last edited by ferrero on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferrero
Manager

Postby Marchum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:33 am

Still on repeat
Marchum
Manager

Postby jr588 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 am

Marchum wrote:Still on repeat
jr588
Roadie

Postby allygdale » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 am

The Distance is already her most streamed Caution track on Apple Music :lol: :o
#THEMOTHERFCKINGDISTANCE
allygdale
Superstar

Postby leoapp » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 am

TD will be a hit with a banger video, something like Mariah at a club. Please Mariah....
leoapp
Legend

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:41 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:I CANNOT @ the chosen photo.

The Caution era just gets better and better. A couple of days after revealing the stunning, breathtaking and (basically) life-changing cover of her 15th album, Mariah Carey applies a bit more pressure to our necks by dropping another perfect buzz track. In fact, “The Distance” is so good that it really should have been the lead single. Don’t get me wrong, “With You” is still that girl, but this Ty Dolla $ign-assisted mid-tempo is the Benjamin Buttons of Pop’s most instant and radio-friendly song in years.

Produced by the all-star team of Lido, Skrillex and Poo Bear, Mimi’s latest is a loved-up anthem from the refreshing perspective of a grown ass woman. “People saying what we have is over, but the hate only made us get closer,” the golden-voiced songbird coos on the chorus over retro beats straight from the ’90s. “Said we couldn’t go the distance (yeah), look at us, we’re going the distance.” Ty’s verse is also a nod to Mariah’s pioneering role in bringing rap features to pop radio.

After all, collaborations like “Breakdown” and “Heartbreaker” created the pop/rap hybrid that is still prevalent on radio today. At this rate, Caution (available to pre-order now) is shaping up to be Mariah’s best album in at least a decade. The Queen has well and truly got her groove back. Fall in love with “The Distance” below.
:lol:
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 am

allygdale wrote:The Distance is already her most streamed Caution track on Apple Music :lol: :o
Yes! I was seeing the same
Though I guess it has to do with the other two not being played as part of the album but being played as singles
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 am

skywalker wrote:
allygdale wrote:The Distance is already her most streamed Caution track on Apple Music :lol: :o
Though I guess it has to do with the other two not being played as part of the album but being played as singles
How many views?
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
taustin13
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 am

skywalker wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:I CANNOT @ the chosen photo.

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
taustin13
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:45 am

Album: Caution

Apple Music:
#32 China
#50 Vietnam
#159 Thailand
#187 Philippines
#198 El Salvador
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby hmm101 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:45 am

What are the odds that its Spirit Day and The Distance talking about haters is released.

hmm101
Roadie

Postby bm08 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:46 am

TD got a largely positive response but let's see where it lands on playlists tomorrow. IMO, that is one of the biggest reasons With You didn't "take off" as much as "GTFO" did on Spotify.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 am

taustin13 wrote:
skywalker wrote:
How many views?
Dunno. Though I guess Ally is telling cause of the star mark that Apple gives to the most popular tracks on Itunes and Apple Music
I was talking about that :D
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby Reiko » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 am

claywire wrote:I just need a light on this if someone could explain. I’ve seen a couple of Mariah’s performances then and now. And through the years, I noticed how her sound gets thinner and sometimes lighter. I wonder if this is intentional or it’s because of the nodules?
she thins it out to make it brighter and keep herself sounding "young". her voice has gotten much darker than it used to be (this is a consequence of aging, and probably exacerbated by the nodules.) but the thinness of her voice is not a consequence of the nodules, but an aesthetic choice.
Reiko
Personal Assistant

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 am

-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 am

Lets take a moment to acknowledge that in the past 38 days we have gotten 3 new quality songs, a killer album cover, an album release date, 2 stunning music videos, and an AMA performance. On top of that she has had great press. Best of all we haven't seen the ugly lumpy Jigsaw Looking Shitella or her Moose-Face Ratkids. THANK GOD FOR THAT!! Everything has been on point this far. Lets take a moment and applaud everyone, including our Queen. We are blessed and lucky fans.
Last edited by taustin13 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
taustin13
Manager

Postby mm2912 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 am

leoapp wrote:TD will be a hit with a banger video, something like Mariah at a club. Please Mariah....
I see something very breezy, end of summer, she's feeling free with her boo in miami breach driving around with the top off
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 am

taustin13 wrote:Lets take a moment to acknowledge that in the past 38 days we have gotten 3 new quality songs, a killer album cover, an album release date, 2 stunning music videos, and an AMA performance. On top of that she has had great press. Best of all we haven't seen the ugly lumpy Jigsaw Looking Shitella or her Moose-Face Ratkids. THANK GOD FOR THAT!! Everything has been on point this far. Lets take a moment and applaud everyone, including our Queen. We are blessed and lucky fans.
Yas! 8-)
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby leoapp » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 am

mm2912 wrote:
leoapp wrote:TD will be a hit with a banger video, something like Mariah at a club. Please Mariah....
I see something very breezy, end of summer, she's feeling free with her boo in miami breach driving around with the top off
I think people are already bored with another bikini/sexy shot. A video like Its Like That will sell.
leoapp
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:09 am

I want Mariah driving through LA in a Jeep surrounded by beach babes and buff dudes singing this.

Then for the more subtle moments, have her laying in a bed of Autumn leaves naked, (Like Ariana's God is a Woman water scene, but with leaves instead) 8-) :lol:
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion