Sam Smith

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Postby Timmy94 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Only a few of us? Both only have their sexuality, their gender and their job in common. Not enough to have a serious connection between them in some way and reducing them to their sexuality (which was probably the purpose of Lambert) isn't really open-minded.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby BadMan125 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 am

As reported, Sam has canceled several tour dates due to vocal hemorrhaging.

SS posted this paparazzi picture of him in NY on his Twitter page, seems like he's lost more weight?

Image
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
User avatar
BadMan125
Superstar
 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Location: North Carolina, USA

Postby Brad » Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 am

Timmy94 wrote:special diet
BadMan125 wrote:vocal hemorrhaging
Definitely linked and most probably involve an illegal substance.

Welcome to Hollywood.
User avatar
Brad
Winter Is Coming
 
Posts: 17022
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010
Location: London

Postby BadMan125 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:34 am

^ Apparently Sam's been the subject of blind items about him using cocaine as his "diet" and it's led to his "issues with his voice"...
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
User avatar
BadMan125
Superstar
 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Location: North Carolina, USA

Postby Brad » Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 am

BadMan125 wrote:^ Apparently Sam's been the subject of blind items about him using cocaine as his "diet" and it's led to his "issues with his voice"...
They've probably just connected the dots like I have unless they have a source.
User avatar
Brad
Winter Is Coming
 
Posts: 17022
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010
Location: London

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:39 am

He looked better before.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Manager
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Timmy94 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Ewokguy15 wrote:He looked better before.
At least I disagree... He doesn't seem comfortable in that last picture.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby BadMan125 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Brad wrote:
BadMan125 wrote:^ Apparently Sam's been the subject of blind items about him using cocaine as his "diet" and it's led to his "issues with his voice"...
They've probably just connected the dots like I have unless they have a source.
It's possible. Some blind items just make up ish... but I've seen how too comfortable he got being around "the scene". Unlike his Brit counterpart/friendly rival Ed, he doesn't know how to settle it down. It seems everything has been up, up and up since Saturday Night Live last year.
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
User avatar
BadMan125
Superstar
 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Location: North Carolina, USA

Postby intosoul » Thu May 14, 2015 10:39 am

BadMan125 wrote:
Brad wrote:
BadMan125 wrote:^ Apparently Sam's been the subject of blind items about him using cocaine as his "diet" and it's led to his "issues with his voice"...
They've probably just connected the dots like I have unless they have a source.
It's possible. Some blind items just make up ish... but I've seen how too comfortable he got being around "the scene". Unlike his Brit counterpart/friendly rival Ed, he doesn't know how to settle it down. It seems everything has been up, up and up since Saturday Night Live last year.
But aren't his parents travelling with him most of the time?
I read it many times in interviews...
User avatar
intosoul
Superstar
 
Posts: 6126
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014
Location: Yoncé Land

Postby MusicJunk90 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

LOL. Rapid weight loss does not mean cocaine guys, chill. I have plenty of friends who are always crash dieting (especially around this time of year just before summer) without illegal substances. Some of the ones that cause such dramatic weight loss in a short space of time are VLCD (very low calorie diets), which are something like 800 calories a day. My friend dropped about two stone in about 6 weeks!! So it can be done...

What I think is a shame is that this comes after his Grammy speech about how he is comfortable in his own skin and didn't need to lose weight to sell records etc etc. Fast forward two months and he's dropped so much weight. hmmm. He's clearly quite insecure and the pressures of being a popstar and coming under attack for his appearance have got to him, which is a shame. He did actually look about 5 times better before the weight loss to be honest. Hopefully he can just find a way to be comfortable in his own skin like Adele. She does not give two sh**s what people think about her weight and neither should he. I know it's not easy though, so I empathise with him a little.
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014

Postby MusicJunk90 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:14 am

Just look at this video:

He's already compromised so much of who he is for his career. :o
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014

Postby intosoul » Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 pm

MusicJunk90 wrote:He's clearly quite insecure and the pressures of being a popstar and coming under attack for his appearance have got to him, which is a shame.
He speaks openly about this all the time though, which I think is very admirable.
User avatar
intosoul
Superstar
 
Posts: 6126
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014
Location: Yoncé Land

Postby intosoul » Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 pm

MusicJunk90 wrote:Just look at this video:

He's already compromised so much of who he is for his career. :o
Oh my... :lol:
User avatar
intosoul
Superstar
 
Posts: 6126
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014
Location: Yoncé Land

Postby Taurus » Thu May 14, 2015 2:28 pm

He posted about his weight loss on his instagram. Hes following a veggie/fruit based diet. When you eat healthy (with a focus on fruits and veggies) any excess fat will fly off. Hes just not putting on muscle so it looks dramatic.
User avatar
Taurus
Manager
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015

Postby Timmy94 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:21 am

Image

Apparently, he keeps on losing weight :-? .
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby BadMan125 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 am

intosoul wrote:
BadMan125 wrote:
Brad wrote:
BadMan125 wrote:^ Apparently Sam's been the subject of blind items about him using cocaine as his "diet" and it's led to his "issues with his voice"...
They've probably just connected the dots like I have unless they have a source.
It's possible. Some blind items just make up ish... but I've seen how too comfortable he got being around "the scene". Unlike his Brit counterpart/friendly rival Ed, he doesn't know how to settle it down. It seems everything has been up, up and up since Saturday Night Live last year.
But aren't his parents travelling with him most of the time?
I read it many times in interviews...
I've no idea but let's hope so.
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
User avatar
BadMan125
Superstar
 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Location: North Carolina, USA

Postby BadMan125 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 am

Taurus wrote:He posted about his weight loss on his instagram. Hes following a veggie/fruit based diet. When you eat healthy (with a focus on fruits and veggies) any excess fat will fly off. Hes just not putting on muscle so it looks dramatic.
Oh OK, that makes better sense.
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
User avatar
BadMan125
Superstar
 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013
Location: North Carolina, USA

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:45 am

What diet he on? I need that.

Go him. I'm always here for someone wanting to eat and be healthy.
SEE.sza.RUN
User avatar
ThaInfo1
Legend
 
Posts: 20759
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006
Location: Out with your man's best friend.

Postby Guru » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:40 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:What diet he on? I need that.

Go him. I'm always here for someone wanting to eat and be healthy.
Cocaine Diet? :lol:
He's losing too much of weight 8-)
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 22616
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby Brad » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 am

I don't think he's on a drug like cocaine but it certainly ain't legal. :lol:
User avatar
Brad
Winter Is Coming
 
Posts: 17022
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010
Location: London

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:30 am

You don't lose as much weight as he has in 4 months by eating a lot of fruit and veg!!!!. He's clearly done something where it be pills/drugs or some kind of surgery etc.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Manager
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Tansike » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:48 am

Even if it's something legal, it's not healthy at all losing so much weight in such a short time.

Also, holding the weight will be an even bigger challenge...
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40027
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby Taurus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Ewokguy15 wrote:You don't lose as much weight as he has in 4 months by eating a lot of fruit and veg!!!!. He's clearly done something where it be pills/drugs or some kind of surgery etc.
Yes you really do lose that much. Plus cardio hes been posting. Have any of you ever taken a nutrition class or tried a veggie/fruits lifestyle? Probably not if your instant response is cocaine LOL
User avatar
Taurus
Manager
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015

Postby MusicJunk90 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:35 pm

As I said earlier in the thread, yes it is quite easy to lose that much weight in that amount of time with rapid calorie cutting (VLCDs). Seen it with several friends, who weren't even combining cardio with the diets. So much diet envy in this thread :oops: :o
MusicJunk90
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014

Postby oaknuys » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:17 am

Lol guess he is opting for the Harry Potter look now lloll

Anyways with no offense i never found out what's the deal with him, he seems to be stuck in a same state all the time.

Unfortunately despite having a good voice he seems to be not able to make an eye candy package out of it in the long run.

I think once his novelty wears off he just needs to go into a loooong hibernation and after 5 yrs comeback with the same stuff just to recreate the same buzz. Nevertheless he's got a good voice but for me thats about it.
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager
 
Posts: 3994
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014
Location: Bel Air, California

Return to General Artists Discussion