Charli XCX

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby MrRager » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:39 am

Alicepotter wrote:Omg, seems I was right and Famous will be the next single. :o :o

https://instagram.com/p/z_-yXJpuyr/?modal=true
YES!!!!... BUT, its gonna flop so bad!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Alicepotter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:43 am

Who cares to charts?
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby MrRager » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 am

Alicepotter wrote:Who cares to charts?
:lol: :lol: YOU DO, YOU POSER!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Alice, change this thread title to Charli XCX's Cow and add this....

Betsy The Cow, also going by the name of 'Charli XCX's Cow' (not to be confused with Rita Ora) is a mammalian cardboard cutout responsible and most famous for re-igniting Charli's career after 2nd single 'Break The Bubbling Under" failed to do exactly that. Now enjoying the quiet life after becoming an overnight sensation, Betsy states she is "overwhelmed" by the amount of praise she has received and would like to thank MrRager of UKMIX for posting her performance in 'Last Thing to Make You Laugh'. Betsy stated she hopes to come back in 2016 with her debut album "Life On The Meadow".
Oh god miss u on my lips, It’s me ur little Venice bitchhhh
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Alicepotter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:19 pm

"not to be confused with Rita Ora"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alicepotter
The Mockingjay

Postby MrRager » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:46 am

ThatBieberSide wrote:Alice, change this thread title to Charli XCX's Cow and add this....

Betsy The Cow, also going by the name of 'Charli XCX's Cow' (not to be confused with Rita Ora) is a mammalian cardboard cutout responsible and most famous for re-igniting Charli's career after 2nd single 'Break The Bubbling Under" failed to do exactly that. Now enjoying the quiet life after becoming an overnight sensation, Betsy states she is "overwhelmed" by the amount of praise she has received and would like to thank MrRager of UKMIX for posting her performance in 'Last Thing to Make You Laugh'. Betsy stated she hopes to come back in 2016 with her debut album "Life On The Meadow".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Jonathan » Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Charli XCX has spilled the beans on her new album, and it sounds pretty amazing.

Digital Spy caught up with the 'Break the Rules' star at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Norwich, where she squeezed in a quick performance before jetting off to LA to begin work on her third album.

"It's definitely much more electronic, the most electronic sound I've done," said Charli XCX.

The follow-up to Sucker will also take inspiration from J-Pop, with the singer explaining: "I'm very inspired by this girl Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

"[It's] definitely the most poptastic hyperactive stuff I've made."

Charli XCX is set for a busy summer, as she confirmed she's also songwriting for other artists, although "can't really say who".
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/ ... AzPx2crl19
Jonathan
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 am

Charli premiered the SOPHIE produced Vroom Vroom on Beats1 2 nights ago. Beep beep.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:31 am

Awe man, the song has been taken down. I kinda liked it.......wanted to hear it again to make sure.
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Charli XCX Hints At Third Album Sound, Says It’ll Be Out ‘Soon’

Charli XCX has been hard at work on her forthcoming third album, the follow-up to 2014’s brash, punk-inspired Sucker. While she’s remained quiet on some key details (such as when it’s due for release, what it’ll be called or when we’ll hear a lead single), Charli has at least revealed what fans can expect from Album 3, sound-wise.

“I’m going to be putting a record out soon and it’s going to be the most pop thing I’ve done,” she said in an interview with The Standard. “I’m just finishing it but I can’t say anything yet. I’ve been in LA chilling and it’s great to be back in London.”

Charli’s latest comments echo a similar response she gave during an interview with i-D last year, when she told the outlet her third album is “going to be the most pop thing, and the most electronic thing I’ve done. I started working in that way quite naturally, it just happened. This always happens, the second I put out the previous record I’m always over it.”

And judging by a 2014 interview with TIME — given days before Sucker even dropped — Charli really does move on to her next musical project with remarkable ease. At the time, she revealed her third album would be inspired by Japanese pop and would sound like “another planet up in the clouds” and “intensely weird and childlike.”

Whether she’s remained on the same sonic trajectory remains to be seen, but Charli has been in the studio with “Vroom Vroom” collaborator SOPHIE, Justin Bieber and Grimes producer BloodPop and Norwegian duo Stargate, so expectations are high.

http://popcrush.com/charli-xcx-third-album-details/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MrRager » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Yassss I'm here for thisss
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:40 am

Can't wait! :D :D
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Biebz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 am

How can you get more pop than Sucker though? :lol:
Oh god miss u on my lips, It’s me ur little Venice bitchhhh
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Biebz wrote:How can you get more pop than Sucker though? :lol:
It had a retro vibe tough dont you think? Like 90s pop/rock ish. I guess this will be more current Pop.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:45 pm

I cannot wait!
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Sucker is amazing, even her videos had the 1990s vibe in it which was good!
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:13 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Shame Less
Charli XCX used to be afraid of making straight-up pop music, even though that’s what she always loved. She’s not scared anymore.

Charli's interview with FADER is a really interesting read.

The bad news is that the album isn't coming until 2017. The good news is Charli sounds so invested in her music and comes across as the coolest, most aware popstar ever.

The way Charli talks about pop music and her place in it is how every popstar should approach it. She knows what she wants to do and isn't afraid of what other people think. I love how she's able to write the most commercial pop songs for other artists and combine that with experimentation for her own music.

The embarrassment she feels while drinking vegetable juice and staying healthy makes her so relatable :lol: . She said so many things I want to throughout the interview.

The only worrying part of the feature is this:

Charli actually learned an interesting lesson from will.i.am, something she’d failed to appreciate back when she was talking down on “I Love It.” “He was like, ‘It doesn’t matter what the verses say, just say anything in the verses and make the chorus really good,’” Charli remembers. “His verses are a vehicle to get to the chorus, and then he just says cool words. I listened to all of his songs, and I was like, Wow. he really sticks by this theory. This guy is a **** genius!”
As if we didn't realise that Will :lol: :lol: .

But yesss, bring on that SOPHIE x Stargate by the way of Charli XCX party banger album.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:20 pm

I really can't wait to hear her next album. I loved Vroom Vroom.
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:33 am

I am falling completely in love with her. :cry: I just discovered the songs:

Diamonds
Set Me Free (Feel My Pain)
Grins
Red Balloon
Famous

I already loved several of her songs, including the Vroom Vroom EP. Can't wait to hear her new album.
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby MrRager » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:05 am

Can't wait for The After Party with Lil Yachty.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

MrRager wrote:Can't wait for The After Party with Lil Yachty.
:o

http://charlixcx.com.br/novo-video-de-c ... il-yachty/

It's coming y'all :cry:
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby MrRager » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 pm

So excited! I have contacts high up in the music industry and apparently it's quite Miley "We Can't Stop" but slightly poppier. :o So hyped!!!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:15 pm

MrRager wrote:So excited! I have contacts high up in the music industry and apparently it's quite Miley "We Can't Stop" but slightly poppier. :o So hyped!!!
Oh wow, I'm so excited. I love Charli!
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion