Within Temptation

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Yes I know. But now we can forget about a new album I think. and well a new album doesn't even mean it will be a good one
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Erotica wrote:Yes I know. But now we can forget about a new album I think. and well a new album doesn't even mean it will be a good one
That's true but that applies to all artists, though.

Personally, I think that "Hydra" was a great album and I enjoyed it more than "The Unforgiving" but all their albums are good to brilliant; and since they said that they are going back to their symphonic/bombastic/epic sound of "The Silent Force", I was really excited about this project and I don't want the album to be pushed back or even scrapped :(
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 pm

She just officially announced she is gonna release under the name 'my indigo'
Jesper
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 pm

https://t.co/ZFL9Jc7N5s
Recap of her announcement on tv here
Jesper
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Jesper wrote:She just officially announced she is gonna release under the name 'my indigo'
a mess :lol:

well no album in the style of The Silent Force now :/ bye
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Erotica wrote:
Jesper wrote:She just officially announced she is gonna release under the name 'my indigo'
a mess :lol:

well no album in the style of The Silent Force now :/ bye
She said it's "not the end of Within Temptation", though.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

The wait will be even longer now though. Who knows if we ever can listen to it and still live till then?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't know. I mean, WT have already started recording, right? - So I assume that we will get the album next year. It doesn't make sense to record an album, take a break for a year, continue doing so, right? #pleasetellmeiamright
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm

I don't know if you are right but still am sure you are wrong :lol:
Erotica
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 pm

It is a poppy song, Idk if I like it, it's cute, it's out on ITunes here
There is Some male doing bgvocals Idk who though
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Jesper wrote:It is a poppy song, Idk if I like it, it's cute, it's out on ITunes here
Oh really?

The song hasn't been released on iTunes Germany yet. #excited

Did she say something about WT's upcoming album?
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Jesper wrote:It is a poppy song, Idk if I like it, it's cute, it's out on ITunes here
Oh really?

The song hasn't been released on iTunes Germany yet. #excited

Did she say something about WT's upcoming album?
That they are writing or working on it, she also says she never writes with her husband, because they get into fights over lyrics :lol:
She also says she doesn't know how long this new project Will last and ahe doesn't know whether she Will tour, but she will try to find a live band for this project soon, she is searching for multitalented artist who play more than one instrument
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 am

Okay, so.... i'm sorry, but this whole 'official statement' thingy was so not needed for this solo project. I mean, there are many upset fans now. And it's been nearly four years since "Hydra", why going solo now? If it would have been for the ESC there would have been at least a reason for doing so (and IMO the song would even work for the ESC...)

So... i love the track but i'm not sure about this whole thing. I want WT back, i need new music from them like NOW and already would have needed it like two years ago, and we have to wait even longer :(
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jesper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:46 am

I am slightly bitter about this official statement thing. This project has nothing to do with the band, beside extending their hiatus. Also I think it is bs in this day and age to leave international fans 'in the dark', only to announce your plans on Dutch TV, which is shared through social media anyways, so it feels like a really bad thought out plan. Also using Its socials for this was laughable. idk what they were thinking.

I also rather would have seen WT back. , even though I like the song, I don't think this will keep me interested long enough to deal with the lack of WT.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm

I agree with you two!

At least, Sharon posted a video message and apologised for maling some fans believe that they might break up. It was not her intention.

Anyway, she said that the songs are very personal and that something happened in her family and she wrote some stuff to deal with it and it doesn't feel like WT songs. That's fair and legit.

Apart from that, she also said that the Within Temptation album #7 will be released in 2018! They are still in the demo phase but they would start recording the final versions soon.

That's fine for me.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 pm

So it will be 2019 :lol: Artists should never name a year or date, it will always be later :lol:
Erotica
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion