Within Temptation

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby aneta » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:44 pm

She doesn't have to, you can still like their music ;-)
aneta
Admin Babe

Postby sXesteven » Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:42 am

Uhuh. :D Well you did ask originally if I'd seen the video,I got the impression it was quite hot and that's why you asked (with it in mind that I'd go gaagaa over her) so I was myself going to say to you that I'd judge it on the music rather than the looks of the frontlady but then this turned into a thread discussing her looks. :-?
gergu5i68ikGHJGHJo7o789o
yuiyuio79789o78oYU
yuiy-----MY SIGNATURE IS TOO LONG! SORT IT OUT LOVE!-----ui&O
sXesteven
Roadie

Postby John » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:41 am

The music is excellent as well...

The fit lead singer is just a bonus!
This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.
John
Chief Kitten Herder

Postby BadRapture » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:40 pm

Sorry to drag this one back up but I'm a fan of Ice Queen - I think the acoustic version kicks arse over the normal radio version as well.
She don't like that kind of behaviour.
So thrown down your guns,
Don't be so reckless.
BadRapture
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm really excited for tomorrow, 'cause I'm goin' to attend their 15th anniversary concert at Sportpaleis, Antwerp. My grandmother is goin' to accompany me. That will be funny :D

Hopefully, they'll perform some tracks of "The Silent Force", since it's still my favourite album by them.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Yoshimo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Has anyone been following their recent covers? Their choices are quite surprising, most of them are recent global hits! Their take on One Republic's 'Apologise' is my favourite, it's absolutely stunning, but they're all definitely worth a listen.
The alternative to the real world.
Yoshimo
Manager

Postby Virgostar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

This is getting a move to General Artists Discussion...
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Yoshimo wrote:Has anyone been following their recent covers? Their choices are quite surprising, most of them are recent global hits! Their take on One Republic's 'Apologise' is my favourite, it's absolutely stunning, but they're all definitely worth a listen.
I followed 'em and I have to agree with you. "Apoligize" is my favourite cover they've done so far, as well.

However, I was not a fan of "Dirty Dancer" and "Titanium".
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:39 am

Mainshow wrote:I'm really excited for tomorrow, 'cause I'm goin' to attend their 15th anniversary concert at Sportpaleis, Antwerp. My grandmother is goin' to accompany me. That will be funny :D

Hopefully, they'll perform some tracks of "The Silent Force", since it's still my favourite album by them.
So did you like the concert? 8-)
"Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:49 am

Please tell me this was not the setlist:

"Iron" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)
"In the Middle of the Night" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)
"Faster" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)
"Fire and Ice" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)
"Our Solemn Hour" (from The Heart of Everything, 2007)
"Stand My Ground" (from The Silent Force, 2004)
"Angels" (from The Silent Force, 2004)
"The Last Dance" (The Unforgiving B-side, 2011)
"Never-Ending Story" (from Mother Earth, 2001)
"Say My Name" (B-side from "Angels" single, 2005)
"Candles" (from Enter, 1998)
"Sinéad" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)
"Titanium" (David Guetta cover)
"Summertime Sadness" (Lana del Rey cover)
"Grenade" (Bruno Mars cover)
"The Promise" (from Mother Earth, 2001)
"Memories" (from The Silent Force, 2004)
"Mother Earth" (from Mother Earth, 2001)

Encore
"What Have You Done" (from The Heart of Everything, 2007)
"Our Farewell" (from Mother Earth, 2001)
"Ice Queen" (from Mother Earth, 2001)
"Stairway to the Skies" (from The Unforgiving, 2011)

If this was it...i can't believe they included 3 covers from crappy songs when they have sooo much better! :o

Still...they sang Our Farewell, Say My Name and The Last Dance! 8-)

Why on hearth they go from Grenade to The Promise, Memories and Mother Earth is beyond me! I'm still in shock! :o
"Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby TiagoRodrigues » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 am

New Album

Hi everyone,

We have been, and we are still hiding in our studios since winter started. With every writing session new things are happening. We are experimenting a lot and are trying to hold on to this magical feeling.

We are looking forward to the moment that we can share with you where this journey has taken us.

We are excited to have found a new enthusiastic label partner, BMG Rights, with whom are aiming for a release in autumn, which perfectly fits the mood of the album. As soon as we can, we will share more information about the new album. In the mean time we will see you on the road this summer!

Sharon, Ruud, Stefan, Martijn, Jeroen, Mike and Robert
Source: http://www.within-temptation.com/headlines/new-album/

YEAH! New album this year! :cry: :cry:

I hope they don't keep going pop like they have been...even though they are my favorite band, a duet with Justin Bieber would not surprise me anymore :lol:
TiagoRodrigues
Legend

Postby Jesper » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 am

I hope this album will be better than their last one, I used to adore them. Saw them like 4 times live. But the last era really put me off with the whole comic idea and the album also wasn't all that for me, I have yet to buy it actually :oops:
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I really liked their last album, but it wasn't as good as all the other albums. I always liked the 'fantasy' touch on the albums and "The Unforgiving" was more 'real'... when you know what i mean :lol:

But i can't wait. 2011 was amazing with new albums by WT, NW and Evanescence.

I read somewhere that they are planning a september release. Would be good IMO.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 am

TiagoRodrigues wrote:
Mainshow wrote:I'm really excited for tomorrow, 'cause I'm goin' to attend their 15th anniversary concert at Sportpaleis, Antwerp. My grandmother is goin' to accompany me. That will be funny :D

So did you like the concert? 8-)
Sorry that it took me so long to answer, but I forgot that we actually have a topic for the best band on Earth :oops:

I really enjoyed the concert. They had dancers, stilting angels, great guests.
However, I think that the orchester and especially the choir went somewhat under. I had the feeling that the sound wasn't mixed the best way it could've been. But Sharon was stunning as always and I wasn't a fan of the THREE cover songs either. Although I like the songs, I don't think that they fit to 'em. They could've chosen "Apologize" instead, but they went for a cheesy act. Even a mirror ball was comin' down from the ceiling :oops:

My highlight was "Candles". That was one of the very few songs in which the orchester could shine and I loved the growls and I'm really glad that they sang and played "Say My Name" since it is one of my favourite tracks by WT ever!

But I have to say that I prefer the acoustic tour to their 15th anniversary. I was kinda shocked that Sharon didn't speak to the audience that much. She did even less effort than Britney on her Femme Fatale tour. :o

@Jesper/Tansike

I strongly agree with you both. I quickly lost interest in "The Unforgiving" as well. I became a fan with "The Silent Force", I adored their "fantasy touch" and I love it when symphonic metal albums were so-called overproduced. Epica's "Design Your Universe" is one of my favourite albums in that genre.
However, I think that WT wanted to prove that they have a raw side as well. I remember an article which said that they thought that "The Silent Force" was "over the top", but I really do wish that they'll find their gothic/celtic side again!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am

Mainshow wrote:
@Jesper/Tansike

I strongly agree with you both. I quickly lost interest in "The Unforgiving" as well. I became a fan with "The Silent Force", I adored their "fantasy touch" and I love it when symphonic metal albums were so-called overproduced. Epica's "Design Your Universe" is one of my favourite albums in that genre.
However, I think that WT wanted to prove that they have a raw side as well. I remember an article which said that they thought that "The Silent Force" was "over the top", but I really do wish that they'll find their gothic/celtic side again!
I hope the same :)
I like that they try to evolve though, I appricate when bands do that. Linkin Park for example also tries different kind of things and sometimes I adore it and sometimes it sin't all that for me, but it atleast proves that they are not one trick pony's and that their hearts are with the music and not with the money, if you get what I mean.

Sharon is such a sweet lady though, I was honoured to meet them once, sadly had no camera with me and had the most basic mobilephone ever, so that alsow as bad luck, but they signed something for me atleast :D.
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 am

Jesper wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
@Jesper/Tansike

I like that they try to evolve though, I appricate when bands do that. Linkin Park for example also tries different kind of things and sometimes I adore it and sometimes it sin't all that for me, but it atleast proves that they are not one trick pony's and that their hearts are with the music and not with the money, if you get what I mean.

Sharon is such a sweet lady though, I was honoured to meet them once, sadly had no camera with me and had the most basic mobilephone ever, so that alsow as bad luck, but they signed something for me atleast :D.
Did they sign your "most basic mobilephone" ever :lol: ?
I really do hope that somethin' like that won't happen to me. I don't own a smartphone or even a mobile with a camera. I would be so pissed off! That's for sure...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like it when new albums don't sound excactly like the preceded ones, but I think that Within Temptation goes more to a pop/Evanescence sound and I'm not so much into that. I want 'em to be more organic & mystic.
"The Heart Of Everything" was nice, though.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Mainshow wrote:
Jesper wrote:
Mainshow wrote:
@Jesper/Tansike

Did they sign your "most basic mobilephone" ever :lol: ?
I really do hope that somethin' like that won't happen to me. I don't own a smartphone or even a mobile with a camera. I would be so pissed off! That's for sure...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like it when new albums don't sound excactly like the preceded ones, but I think that Within Temptation goes more to a pop/Evanescence sound and I'm not so much into that. I want 'em to be more organic & mystic.
"The Heart Of Everything" was nice, though.
I got one of their CD booklets signed! from the The Heart of Everything CD I bought at that venue back then ,
and yeah I agree about more organic and mystic :)
Jesper
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 pm

They announced the first dates in the UK, Germany and France for their world tour in 2014.

Tickets are on sale next friday.

Is this normal?
I mean many people buy the tickets after they know what music they will play. And the world tour is for the new album and there's nothing we know so far from the album...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Jesper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Tansike wrote:They announced the first dates in the UK, Germany and France for their world tour in 2014.

Tickets are on sale next friday.

Is this normal?
I mean many people buy the tickets after they know what music they will play. And the world tour is for the new album and there's nothing we know so far from the album...
I find it pretty unusual, I think they may want to see the demand vefore even releasing new material
Jesper
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 pm

They did the same with their latest tour (before the release of "The Unforgiving") as well.

Do we have a release date for the first single?
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:20 am

They are back in the studio!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQu7YzGg0iB/

Hopefully, their 7th studio album will be released at the end of this year!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Jesper » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 am

Mainshow wrote:They are back in the studio!

I really loved Hydra, so I am ready
Jesper
Legend

Postby Erotica » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:19 pm

I hope it's better than Hydra
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Jesper wrote:
Mainshow wrote:They are back in the studio!

I really loved Hydra, so I am ready
Agree! "Hydra" was excellent!
Can't wait!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby eternally12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Erotica wrote:I hope it's better than Hydra
The album had some good songs but I agree, it's definitely one of their weaker albums. I'd love a hybrid between THOE and Silent Force
There is nothing like having #fun #fearless #strong #women in your #life
eternally12
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion