SWV

Moderators: tdc2000, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby stever4577 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:33 pm

biscuits wrote:Why didn’t y’all tell me all night long exists?
That's a tune. They have quite a few hidden gems that many may not know about. "Slow Jams" with Babyface, "Tell Me How You Want It" (from a soundtrack), "I Wanna Be Where You Are" (another soundtrack), "Surprise Me", "Mystery" and "Can't Cope" were all off random compilations. The "I'm So Into You" Radio Remix with rap has completely different verses (love that one more than the original). Then you also have the extended version of the "Where Is The Love" interlude which features as a full track on another greatest hits knocking about. There is also an extended version of the slow album version of "Anything" that is on the cd single where it's a full track with a bridge.

I love these ladies! :D
stever4577
Groupie

Postby JJeffs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Their string of 90s hits is so solid and nostalgic for me, especially the debut album hits. The 2nd album singles did little for me, unfortunately. But then Release Some Tension with Can We and Rain was a solid bookend to their 90s output.

I didn't know they have a holiday album - how is it? I feel like I should check it out.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 pm

JJeffs wrote:Their string of 90s hits is so solid and nostalgic for me, especially the debut album hits. The 2nd album singles did little for me, unfortunately. But then Release Some Tension with Can We and Rain was a solid bookend to their 90s output.

I didn't know they have a holiday album - how is it? I feel like I should check it out.
Coko's version of Have Yourself s Merry Little Christmas is vocally unmatched.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Controlfreak » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Their first two albums were great. Personally, Release Some Tension is a dud in comparison to the first two albums minus a few songs (Can We, Rain, Lose My Cool).
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby stever4577 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:48 pm

TIfan wrote:
JJeffs wrote:Their string of 90s hits is so solid and nostalgic for me, especially the debut album hits. The 2nd album singles did little for me, unfortunately. But then Release Some Tension with Can We and Rain was a solid bookend to their 90s output.

Coko's version of Have Yourself s Merry Little Christmas is vocally unmatched.
Isn’t it? She’s a vocal beast. I love her live rendition on YouTube
stever4577
Groupie

Return to General Artists Discussion