Postby Debs_Wild » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 am

jochen wrote:Nothing new.
Looks uninterresting
As uninteresting as your comments always are. :roll:

The show looks absolutely amazing! 8-)
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby beredy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 am

Setlist paying dust to FARTPOP and Boredanne. Luv it!
beredy
Manager

Postby beredy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:08 pm

So I watched a couple of videos now and here are my first impressions.

The best thing about the show is the stage (or at least on first impression). Even on low quality videos the effects/lightning/design come off just beautiful. I hope they film this and make a proper release. I love the setlist. It's basically greatest hits and I find that to be a proper approach in Vegas. Costumes are either hit or miss. I love the opening one and the one during Government Hooker. But the costume during Dance In the Dark/Applause and Edge of Glory are terrible. I see on the pictures some others that I haven't seen in clips online. Those look good too.

The opening is a bit anticlimactic. Just Dance is such a bop and literally asks you to dance yet she is slowly hovering over the audience and trying to do some moves but it doesn't land for me. I'd rather there was some intro while she was floating and JD starts when she hits the stage. It was also a bit of a mess with the mic falling off when they flipped her. I guess that uncoupling safety links, removing the cables then flipping her is a bit too much or needs to be rehearsed a bit better. I'd leave the prop synthesizer and let her be on some kind of a floating platform so she can move a bit or have her inside a pod (a la BTW Grammy performance) - it would fit the theme a bit better. And I'm a bit baffled by staging of the dancers and the dance moves. They kind of feel off?!? Like I can see the moves, but they're all a bit sluggish. Like when they're around her on Applause and they're doing some kind of wave-like choreo - it just looks lazy/random/impromptu. And she doesn't feel as into dancing as before, she's very static in a lot of upbeat songs? Hip? Or maybe the ghost of Britney decided to hang around. :lol:

High school theater parts where she "talks" with Enigma/Avatar/whatever are cringey. :lol:

The show will improve over time hough, no doubt about it.
beredy
Manager

Postby alfiebot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 am

Cher
51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
Touring force
Legend

alfiebot
Manager

Postby nympho » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:50 pm

nympho
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 pm

alfiebot wrote:
She worships the right singers, both Céline and Cher are renowned for being classy, supportive women in the industry.

Gaga looked stunning last night at the GG - really carries herself well at these big red carpet events.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby stevyy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm

taylor was so fuming that she had to give an award to miss gaga. lol.
stevyy
Legend

Postby cheapthrills » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:08 am

Now she has two Golden Globes - one for singing and one for acting. Multi-talented queen :cry:
cheapthrills
Superstar

Postby nympho » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 am

Two wins for Gaga at the Critics Choice Awards last night:
-Best Song - Shallow
-Best actress (tied with Glenn Close) (Can we have a tie at the Oscars too, please? :D )

nympho
Superstar

Postby beredy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:47 am

nympho wrote:-Best actress (tied with Glenn Close) (Can we have a tie at the Oscars too, please? :D )
Technically possible, but very unlikely.
beredy
Manager

Postby Guru » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby ginnyfan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

:D I'm here for a duet!!! #GlenGa #iconic
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby beredy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I just saw the horse stuff. It's sad, but damn if she isn't using it for pity votes and getting her name out there. She's THAT desperate.
beredy
Manager

Postby nympho » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 pm

beredy wrote:I just saw the horse stuff. It's sad, but damn if she isn't using it for pity votes and getting her name out there. She's THAT desperate.
Gosh, I know some people really dislike her to extreme levels... but even to the point of thinking she’s using the loss of an animal she has publicly showed how much she loved to get pity votes...

Creepy.
nympho
Superstar

Postby beredy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:40 pm

nympho wrote:
beredy wrote:I just saw the horse stuff. It's sad, but damn if she isn't using it for pity votes and getting her name out there. She's THAT desperate.
Gosh, I know some people really dislike her to extreme levels... but even to the point of thinking she’s using the loss of an animal she has publicly showed how much she loved to get pity votes...

Creepy.
I think it's something that could've stayed personal. But she decided to put it out there and get the headlines with it and sympathy. I find it very calculated.
beredy
Manager

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:46 pm

beredy wrote:
nympho wrote:

Creepy.
I think it's something that could've stayed personal. But she decided to put it out there and get the headlines with it and sympathy. I find it very calculated.
People say goodbye to their pets all the time. Celebrities do it. Us broke folks do it. She isn't going to the first or last. I guess she planned her horse death too. Just because you think it should have stayed personal doesn't mean it should have. People have the right to say good-bye to their animals. If you are going to hate find something else because this is a new low even for you. This is such a shitty comment.
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby solitaire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

:lol: :lol:
I'll just laugh.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby beredy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm

MonkeyLover21 wrote:
beredy wrote:
nympho wrote:

Creepy.
People say goodbye to their pets all the time. Celebrities do it. Us broke folks do it. She isn't going to the first or last. I guess she planned her horse death too. Just because you think it should have stayed personal doesn't mean it should have. People have the right to say good-bye to their animals. If you are going to hate find something else because this is a new low even for you. This is such a shitty comment.
Keep your venom sis cause I don't know you.
beredy
Manager

Postby biscuits » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:27 pm

I think her post was genuine
biscuits
The Diva

Postby spiritboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Almost all celebrities share the death of their pets on Instagram all the time, i don't see why it's wrong when Gaga does it.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion