Lady Gaga

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby nympho » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:51 am

CandyShop wrote:
nympho wrote:
jochen wrote:Looks god but her Mainstream career is dead
Yes, the stadiums she's selling out are full of die hard fans only.

Go trolling somewhere else.
Her mainstream career is NOT dead.
But Jochen has a point tbh

She really need a HIT to re-establish her name to the big mainstream audience.

Her career started just 8 years ago..,.. she has the time by her side to recover.
Her last 3 singles, especially the last two, have been (or are eligible to be) certified Silver, Gold or Platinum in several countries...
"Million Reasons" was Top 5 in US and it's one of the best selling songs this year in US (so far, 6th sung by a woman, 2nd if we only count solo females, not feats., actually)
"The Cure", without a video or a single TV performance, is her biggest hit in countries like UK or Australia in a long time.

She's not having #1s all over the place, but the days when her singles doesn't chart at all have not come yet... even if certain people always try hard to make it look like she doesn't have a it since BR or something.

And I prefer, by far, not having a mega hit worldwide but being able to sell albums and having a sold-out world tour.
There are lots of hot girls right now having big streaming hits and then her albums not selling even 200k worldwide because people only care about their songs, not them as artists.

And by the way, Just Dance was released in April 2008, 9 years and 5 months ago... not 8 years ago.
nympho
Superstar

Postby CandyShop » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm

All the track u mentioned, were not what u call a Hit.

MR did good, and thanks to SB she saved the era in Usa.... but elsewhere she kinda faded!

Sorry but that's my opinion!
CandyShop
Personal Assistant

Postby ginnyfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Honestly, before Joanne dropped I also thought she needs a big hit or she's done but this era has proven me wrong. She had solid album sales, in fact more than many who have all of those record singles streams, views etc. She's having a hit tour, she's in demand for TV, movies, performances, she's doing different genres and exploring different things.

Clearly Gaga is not part of the hit stream/view/retweet group anymore. She's been there and done that, in a way she was the first queen of social media/video views etc. Now others have taken over. She doesn't really need it anymore.

She's a singer, performer and all around entertainer and I think her career will continue on this variety path. She's the closest thing to modern day Cher and that's a very unique and precious place to be in. No wonder they are my 2 favorites. :D
BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE
ginnyfan
Superstar

Postby nympho » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Lady Gaga's New Doc 'Five Foot Two' Earns Early Critical Acclaim

While it doesn't hit Netflix until September 22nd, Lady Gaga's new documentary Five Foot Two made its official debut at the Toronto Film Festival on Friday night and the response has been fantastic, with critics calling the doc "honest," "authentic," and "brilliant."

Julie Miller of Vanity Fair called the doc "remarkable" and "awards-worthy" and wrote: "The stunning film transports its audience into the wild, whiplash existence of a six-time Grammy-winning singer/songwriter, actress, beloved avatar of self expression, and entrepreneur."

"Gaga exudes nuclear levels of magnetism, and the film captures her intense relationship with her friends, family and fans," said Leslie Felperin of The Hollywood Reporter, while Variety’s Owen Gleiberman wrote: "Five Foot Two shows you Lady Gaga evolving — but more than that it shows you that she’s only just getting started."

In his review for The Playlist, Gregory Ellwood concluded: "Whether you like Lady Gaga or not, you will at least finish Five Foot Two with a newfound respect for her. She has been and still is the real deal as a musician and she's battling physical demons to support her art and reward her millions of loyal fans."
nympho
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Shady Music Facts‏ @TheShadyFacts 10h10 hours ago
Lady Gaga's Carpool Karaoke episode with James Corden won an #Emmy for Best Variety Special.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:06 pm

I hope Gaga is recovering well.
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby Affillate » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:45 am

Anyone watched Five Foot Two yet? I did last night. An interesting look behind the scenes of the lead up to Joanne and the Super Bowl Performance was kinda a cool way to have a bit of a climax to it I thought.
Affillate
Manager

Postby salamecharlie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:01 am

Affillate wrote:Anyone watched Five Foot Two yet? I did last night. An interesting look behind the scenes of the lead up to Joanne and the Super Bowl Performance was kinda a cool way to have a bit of a climax to it I thought.
I watched it yesterday. I thought it was interesting although the sound was annoying. Audio mastering should've been much better. Also, a lot of the visuals are shaky so it kind of nauseated me as well. But the content was superb.
One life with one dream on repeat
salamecharlie
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Affillate wrote:Anyone watched Five Foot Two yet? I did last night. An interesting look behind the scenes of the lead up to Joanne and the Super Bowl Performance was kinda a cool way to have a bit of a climax to it I thought.
Thanks for reminding me! I am going to check it out! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:46 pm

Lady Gaga's 'A Star Is Born' Moves Release Date to May 2018
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... lease-date
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:54 pm

There is a thread for it in Entertainment section in case you wanted to see some other opinions.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MonkeyLover21 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Lady Gaga donates $1 million to disaster relief
On Twitter yesterday
While praying every day, I'm also donating $1Mil to relief efforts for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, José, Maria and the Mexico City earthquake
The winds might blow through me
But I don't care
MonkeyLover21
Manager

Postby adamf2thedeath » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 am

Generous Kween :cry:
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
adamf2thedeath
Manager

Postby nympho » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Gaga nominated for best female artist at the AMA's:

AMAs‏
 @AMAs

#AMAs Favorite Female Artist Pop/Rock nominees:
@alessiacara
@ladygaga
@rihanna
nympho
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 am

^When will this girl learn? :evil:
RedOne is the perfect producer for her.
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby Jesper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:33 am

GreekGeek wrote:^When will this girl learn? :evil:
RedOne is the perfect producer for her.
He was, and there is a slight chance he still is, but there is no way to know whether they still would work as well as back then. Gaga is very stubborn about her art and I think she basically has founded her sound. Even Joanne, which took a slight turn and uses some elements from country and alternative music is still pretty much the same TFM/BTW/ARTPOP Gaga at core. And RedOne was still involved in BTW and in writing for ARTPOP and producing the worktape of Angel Down. I think people expect way too much from RedOne, at the end of the day he is just a pop producer and he had his prime along with Gaga during 2008-2011, but even if they dive into the studio again. I think a lot of people will be dissapointed because I think people in general expect way too much to happen.
Jesper
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

^People want Poker Face and Just Dance pt. 3s and that sound isn't even a thing really anymore. The Monsters have to let that die. If she did that, folks would called her dated then. I would be here if they could do something fresh though. GaGa can't do '08 dance music forever.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby jochen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:^People want Poker Face and Just Dance pt. 3s and that sound isn't even a thing really anymore. The Monsters have to let that die. If she did that, folks would called her dated then. I would be here if they could do something fresh though. GaGa can't do '08 dance music forever.
I Think she deserved where she is know.
She may wanted all that. Art. Her weird art and not commercial success
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 pm

I never said i wanted "Poker Face" and "Just Dance" part 3 etc etc... :roll:
However, "Gypsy" and "Angel DOwn" were among the best tracks on their parent albums. :wink:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby nympho » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:33 am

Lady Gaga Receives Standing Ovation from Five Former Presidents at Hurricane Aid Concert

Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance at a concert on Saturday to raise money for victims of devastating hurricanes in Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The event, titled "Deep From the Heart: The One America Appeal," featured appearances by all five former living U.S. presidents, who gave Gaga a standing ovation after her breathtaking performance of the hit ballads "Yoü And I," "Million Reasons," and "The Edge of Glory."
"I just want to remind you that when some of us are on the edge, we're all on the edge," Gaga told the audience "We all sit around and we watch it on TV, and on the news and we feel on the edge with every single one of you even when even if we're not there. I hope every single person here tonight will join me in giving what they can to help these beautiful, vibrant communities recover. Please donate your time and your love. I really believe in everything that this incredible moment stands for."
Watch the performance that made Bill Clinton tear up below and visit OneAmericaAppeal.org to donate now.

nympho
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:56 am

OMG! Gaga must be so proud to be on one picture with five former presidents! :o :o :o
RayRay
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:42 pm

She was so much more Presidential than the one fool in charge. Amazing vocal performance.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion