Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby Michiel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am

^There's standing still and there's standing still. Adele is way more capable of translating emotions live. She moves people by her presence. You feel she feels it. Whereas Mariah, bar some performances, isn't that talented in that department. I know it's personal but the fact she was never a real big performer proves that. She is too busy With everything around her rather than the actual emotions of the song. She's very technical, clearly thinking About What notes to hit. Fact she can't move parts of her face anymore doesn't help either. I know I sound harsh and sometimes she gets everything right. Flab during the Grammy's for example, that's What I call owning the stage. Expressieve and powerful. The I don't performance wasn't that lol. I think she is too self-conscious and probably insecure and it just translates in her performances to the extent that the way she looks is more important than the essence of performing itself.
Last edited by Michiel on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby delapuerta » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am

A song like ID can translate live the way FLAB does, just because they're different styles. This time has been the fear. Her hand was shaky so that's not the point.

Mariah is a great performance. These are examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2G36onJhhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcYjv8sT2s4
delapuerta
Manager

Postby delapuerta » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:23 am

Michiel wrote:^There's standing still and there's standing still. Adele is way more capable of translating emotions live. She moves people by her presence. You feel she feels it. Whereas Mariah, bar some performances, isn't that talented in that department. I know it's personal but the fact she was never a real big performer proves that. She is too busy With everything around her rather than the actual emotions of the song. She's very technical, clearly thinking About What notes to hit. Fact she can't move parts of her face anymore doesn't help either. I know I sound harsh and sometimes she gets everything right. Flab during the Grammy's for example, that's What I call owning the stage. Expressieve and powerful. The I don't performance wasn't that lol. I think she is too self-conscious and probably insecure and it just translates in her performances to the extent that the way she looks is more important than the essence of performaning itself.
Also I've seen Adele in concert and now she's more talkative, but she just stand there and sing the song just like the record, without any changings. And I respect her...
delapuerta
Manager

Postby Michiel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am

First of all I said she has some solid performances, but in summary A lot if artists could translate i don't better live (for example MJB). And that's fine, everyone has its stronger and weaker points.

There's also a big difference from a historical perspective. Adele built a big part of her career out of performing. She 'eased' into it. Whereas Mariah Well we know her history and her love/hate relationship with performing. It's just something that doesn't come as natural to her. Well that's how I feel about it, it doesn't mean She's bad.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby tifetqueen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:38 am

Mariah USED TO BE a good performer just like Adele is. Go watch her performances maybe until 98/99ish and her Charmbracelet tour. She was all there and she felt that sh*t!! :D

Probably it would be a good idea to wear clothes that actually fit her and heels that are made for humans. :wink: this Kimmel performances she was clearly nervous, but until today she's way more concentrated on posing more than singing and feeling the song.
tifetqueen
Personal Assistant

Postby stevyy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 am

I'm floored by those great 2 performance she gave on LIVE TV... I don't was 95% live and VoL was 100% live and both slayed me.

She is so good. All those mobile videos from her tours dont do her justice. A HQ live audio will always flooor me.

She's my Hero just for surviving the NYE backlash and be confident enuf to still deliver a vocal.
The 5 artists I knew first in my life were: Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Take That and Elton John
stevyy
Legend

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 am

I so love the I don't performance <3
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby stevyy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 am

tifetqueen wrote:Mariah USED TO BE a good performer just like Adele is. Go watch her performances maybe until 98/99ish and her Charmbracelet tour. She was all there and she felt that sh*t!! :D

Probably it would be a good idea to wear clothes that actually fit her and heels that are made for humans. :wink: this Kimmel performances she was clearly nervous, but until today she's way more concentrated on posing more than singing and feeling the song.
I've been to her concerts... she does move on stage, she chats with the audience.. she does habe a choreo... and it was all very entertaining. I hate when people say she is not a good live performer... Maybe she isn't on every single performance... but all she needs is herself, a mic, a piano and I call it a legendary setup.
The 5 artists I knew first in my life were: Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Take That and Elton John
stevyy
Legend

Postby shanghaichica » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

IrresistibleCharms wrote:
wolfily wrote:Mariah needs new jewelry. She's worn them like a gazzillion times. Tanaka needs to get her a new set of diamonds for her birthday.
Tanaka need his "love story" song too and his cover magasine with her like nick have had.
Tanaka can't afford diamonds :roll:
For the Nostalgia if nothing else
shanghaichica
Manager

Postby wolfily » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

MARIAH addresses the NYE "debacle"

Stella stole the show. She slayed everyone on Mariah's World. Can't wait to see Stella in Season 2.
wolfily
Groupie

Postby wolfily » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 am

Mariah talks about her boyfriend Tanaka

Stella stole the show. She slayed everyone on Mariah's World. Can't wait to see Stella in Season 2.
wolfily
Groupie

Postby stevyy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 am

wolfily wrote:MARIAH addresses the NYE "debacle"

i want to punch everyone who made fun of her... no.. i want them to look on the outside how ugly they are from the inside.

I love her for speaking out.
stevyy
Legend

Postby andy001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 am

Did I not say she'd only hear a delay I hate to be "I said this" lol but it was frustrating reading people's post that were way off. But I do feel especially here that after 24 hours or so people began to realise, there was a lot more support but it took a little moment to get there lol.

Also Ed Sheeran actually explained this in the same way already.
Mariah's World is ace! Love Molly and the made up bits . Love mozzarella sticks.
andy001
Manager

Postby IrresistibleCharms » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Mariah always win

fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum
IrresistibleCharms
Manager

Postby IrresistibleCharms » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm

shanghaichica wrote:
IrresistibleCharms wrote:
wolfily wrote:Mariah needs new jewelry. She's worn them like a gazzillion times. Tanaka needs to get her a new set of diamonds for her birthday.
Tanaka need his "love story" song too and his cover magasine with her like nick have had.
Tanaka can't afford diamonds :roll:
You mean , he isn't diamonds ? He don't deserve ? :(
But he is a good boy .
It will Nice cover with his body and Mariah together. betta than Ebony mag!
fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum
IrresistibleCharms
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:09 pm

“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:10 pm

wolfily wrote:MARIAH addresses the NYE "debacle"

I enjoyed that impromptu moment!
F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Some ppl basicaly didn't give a f*ck about the specific technical details and what happens when you don't have ear pieces in places like Times Square w/all the noise from the crowd and all the reverbaration going on and stuff. Several professionals tried to address the issue and explain it as clear as possible.

But as Mariah said herself, there are diff rules for her and she's the one that's gotta do like a million comebacks to prove everybody wrong. Felt kinda sad hearing that but it's kinda true. It's also true that most of these glitches could've been prevented, like the Rockefeller fiasco.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby 05musicbox » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:17 pm

"I'm the only one who need 5 million comebacks".

This is just so sad.
AsaPUKE ing bola
king lalam ning TETE
05musicbox
Roadie

Postby careybling » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Mariah is right, the rules are different for her and I hate it.

She can explain herself a million times, and try to explain what happened but no one other than the fans and a select few will listen. People LOVE to hate her nowadays and it's frustrating to see, like yes the diva act is no good but is it really deserving of all this hatred?
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby tifetqueen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Mariah please lay off the botox and whatever medicine you're taking.
tifetqueen
Personal Assistant

Postby LindsayLohan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I like what she said at the end...

Why does she need a million comebacks? Why are there different rules when it's her? That she can't just 'be'.

- I understood that at her subtly admitting in public she's no longer that star from 1995, or even 2005. She's okay with not being the best singer, or best-selling artist out there, it's just that the people are always expecting her to still be at the level she was in the 90s, sales-wise, talent-wise, and image-wise.

I may be reaching but at least that's how I interpreted what she said.
"Life is full of risks anyway; why not take them?"
LindsayLohan
Groupie

Postby careybling » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:07 pm

2015 was an underrated year for her face.

"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Cute :cry:
Stella Bulochnikov and her daughter, the Evil Witches
gunman6
Personal Assistant

Postby eternally12 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Ooh that dry vocal snippet for Fantasy
https://soundcloud.com/dryvocals
F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion