Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

What is Mariah's best original Christmas song?

All I Want For Christmas Is You | Merry Christmas
30%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) | Merry Christmas
13%
Jesus Born On This Day | Merry Christmas
4%
Oh Santa! |Merry Christmas II You
9%
When Christmas Comes | Merry Christmas II You
7%
Christmas Time Is In The Air Again | Merry Christmas II You
15%
One Child | Merry Christmas II You
11%
Christmas In New York | 2015 Beacon Theater
3%
The Star | "The Star" Soundtrack
2%
Lil Snowman |"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Soundtrack
2%
Where Are You Christmas | "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" Soundtrack
4%

Total votes : 257

Postby SawyerHewitt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm

She looks like she does not wanna be there, tbh.
Like she does not give a f*ck.
Gimme them coins and I'm outta here :lol:
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby EAI » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm

TheRealest wrote:She needs to stop "performing" for a while.
That in itself will do much more damage than good. Whenever she takes a long break, she comes back in very rusty shape. Then it takes forever for her to whip back in shape. (Vocally and performance wise)

She just needs to watch videos of herself on stage now and compare it to how she used to be on stage.

The most ideal thing she could do is perform on a really big platform and kill it, but her team thinks that private gigs are better.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby TwistedFantasy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I knew this clip would be on TSR :lol: She didn't even try to make us believe she was trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly at this point, someone who wants to harm her image even more is bringing those clips to them cause no one is checking for her Vegas performances otherwise.
TwistedFantasy
Manager

Postby Itwaswritten » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Let's gets this str8 before Vegas y'all said she couldn't sing anymore and needs back out her gigs. She has proven that's bs over the last week. Now y'all worried about routine she will stop performing after Tuesday?
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby bm08 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

:lol:

The good sis is going to succeed or fail on her own terms. And I've come to accept that.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Itwaswritten » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 pm

bm08 wrote::lol:

The good sis is going to succeed or fail on her own terms. And I've come to accept that.
Why are we all of sudden acting like that routine hasn't been tragic the whole Vegas run?

That's right this board only thinks mc does good when the public perception is good.
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby justTrifling » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Still no VOL from last night??!! :-? Dying to hear it...
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby LambChild » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Itwaswritten wrote:

Why are we all of sudden acting like that routine hasn't been tragic the whole Vegas run?

That's right this board only thinks mc does good when the public perception is good.
The routine is only a small part of her stage presence as a whole and it just doesn't give hope for things to come on the tour. For the most part, she turned that around for the SSFT, hopefully she can do it again.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby bm08 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Itwaswritten wrote:

I'm speaking in general terms.

I couldn't care less about the clip and I am confident neither does Mariah. It will sink into oblivion in a few days.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Ratchet1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 pm

EAI wrote:
TheRealest wrote:She needs to stop "performing" for a while.
That in itself will do much more damage than good. Whenever she takes a long break, she comes back in very rusty shape. Then it takes forever for her to whip back in shape. (Vocally and performance wise)

She just needs to watch videos of herself on stage now and compare it to how she used to be on stage.

The most ideal thing she could do is perform on a really big platform and kill it, but her team thinks that private gigs are better.
That Honey dance break always looked tragic even in her prime
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby Lewisus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

You don't go to a Mariah Carey show expecting A+ dancing or high energy choreo, y'all know that. TSR probably know that too but will post regardless because it's a way to put Mariah in a bad light. That's fine. We should probably be more concerned about the fact she's moving more than Britney Spears has in 5 years.

Just kidding, I love Britney :lol:
I have learned that beauty has to flourish in the light, wild horses run unbridled or their spirit dies...
Lewisus
Manager

Postby EAI » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 pm

^It did lol, but it looks really lazy now. It will blow over in a few days.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby LambChild » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Well of course it's always looked "tragic" she's not a dancer. At least before though it was cute, she looked like she was having fun, and got a nice reaction out of the crowd.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby stevyy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I've been addicted to OSD tonite. I cannot believe the other song is so close and a true rival for the 16 weeks record. ughh
stevyy
Legend

Postby Ratchet1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 pm

I mean it's obvious that people are just going to scan for the questionable parts of all her concerts now.
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Welp the good news is after Tuesday she never has to do that Honey dance in her life ever again.
There is nothing like having #fun #fearless #strong #women in your #life
eternally12
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Just turn the viral moment into a #MCChallenge and get those extra sales and streams sis.

----

This article from Genius just made me think about Mariah telling her life story through a musical or something:

https://genius.com/a/mariah-carey-s-lif ... -in-lyrics

A new Cirque du Soleil moment of gypsy or whatever.
bm08
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 pm

^Very well written.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby MimisEmancipation » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Lewisus wrote:You don't go to a Mariah Carey show expecting A+ dancing or high energy choreo, y'all know that. TSR probably know that too but will post regardless because it's a way to put Mariah in a bad light. That's fine. We should probably be more concerned about the fact she's moving more than Britney Spears has in 5 years.

But our girl cant even walk without help. This is a very delusional thing to say :lol: Im a massive lamb but yall gotta stop bashing other artists. Just this past month Ive seen Celine, Christina and Britney shade...all three women LOVE Mariah and is it a coincidence that they can pull better touring numbers than her these days? It aint cute. #weloveeverybody

Mariah has never been a dancer and she doesnt have to be. Why is the shade room not talking about Mariahs vocal slayage this week? Im SHOOK! :o
MimisEmancipation
Groupie

Postby eternally12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 pm

It's amazing how this Note has resonated nearly the same since about '93
eternally12
Superstar

Postby taustin13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

MimisEmancipation wrote:
Lewisus wrote:You don't go to a Mariah Carey show expecting A+ dancing or high energy choreo, y'all know that. TSR probably know that too but will post regardless because it's a way to put Mariah in a bad light. That's fine. We should probably be more concerned about the fact she's moving more than Britney Spears has in 5 years.

But our girl cant even walk without help. This is a very delusional thing to say :lol: Im a massive lamb but yall gotta stop bashing other artists. Just this past month Ive seen Celine, Christina and Britney shade...all three women LOVE Mariah and is it a coincidence that they can pull better touring numbers than her these days? It aint cute. #weloveeverybody

Mariah has never been a dancer and she doesnt have to be. Why is the shade room not talking about Mariahs vocal slayage this week? Im SHOOK! :o
Its amazing how other fanbases get mad when we do what their fanbases do on a daily basis. Are we lambs That CLASSY?
Dont throw rocks when you live in a glass house. It's that f****** simple.
taustin13
Manager

Postby TwistedFantasy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Lewis was literally joking.
TwistedFantasy
Manager

Postby Itwaswritten » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 pm

MimisEmancipation wrote:

The whole walking with help is part overtop act. This diva has been walking down the street with her purse and Starbucks with no help. Or ran after the kids. So can't walk but swim with sharks?
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby bm08 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Mariah Carey Drama Series Based On Her Life In Works At Starz

http://deadline.com/2017/07/mariah-care ... 202130423/
by Nellie Andreeva
and Mike Fleming Jr

EXCLUSIVE: The story of Mariah Carey’s rise to fame is getting a drama series treatment. We have learned that Starz is developing an untitled fictional scripted drama series based on the the music superstar’ real-life experiences, with Carey executive producing alongside long-time friend Brett Ratner.

Written by Nina Colman (Mahogany), the drama is set in 1986 New York City and chronicles the rise of an ambitious bi-racial 16-year-old girl, an aspiring singer/songwriter who survived a difficult childhood to become the biggest selling female music artist of all time.

Colman, who will serve as showrunner, executive produces alongside Carey and Stella Bulochnikov (Boss) via their Magic Carpet Productions as well as Ratner, Teri Weinberg (Ugly Betty), who previously had developed with Colman, and John Cheng (Horrible Bosses).

Carey had a meteoric rise, launching her career with five consecutive Hot 100 #1 hits in 1990-91: “Vision of Love,” “Love Takes Time,” “Someday,” “I Don’t Wanna Cry,” “One Sweet Day,” “Fantasy” and “Emotions.” The Grammy-winning pop diva is next set to return to her Las Vegas residency and will embark on a North American summer tour with Lionel Richie. On TV, Carey recently toplined and executive produced a docu-series series for E!, Mariah’s World.
bm08
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

eternally12
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion